• 423(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2017-02-13, 19:45)VanillaXtract Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 16:22)Botafuco Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 16:12)VanillaXtract Wrote: Okay, here is a debug log. I uninstalled the repo and skin. I used the zip file you posted today for the repo (1.0.4). I then installed 6.0.3 of the skin, enabled debug, and did a reboot. It still hangs.

Debug Log

Maybe I'm confused with different threads related to Krypton, but I thought this was a known issue:

Try this:

1) SSH into your Kodi
2) Go to this folder: ~/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/extras
3) Rename the intro.mp4 to intro.mp4.off
4) Reboot Kodi

Did it help?

Yes, that worked. What is the issue? I didn't see mention of it anywhere (not that I looked terribly hard). It seems most people are using it without any issues. I am also only running into this problem on 1 out of 3 boxes running Krypton.

I'm not sure what is the issue, but I read it a couple of pages ago here on this thread. I think there are a few bugs that need to be straighten out, Silvo knows, he's just busy at the moment, he'll sort them out soon.
(2017-02-13, 13:23)shaktoo Wrote: Thanks Mike ! Good to see you back !
Added now but needs some testing to make sure there are no issues.
(2017-02-13, 18:23)YellowDog Wrote: The repo is install, and working. From my desktop I can access script.skin.info.service-1.0.1.zip, but not script.skin.info.service-1.0.1.zip.md5 in the repo
There is no md5 file so it is normal for it to say it doesn't exist Wink
(2017-02-13, 20:45)Macgyv Wrote: I'm using Krypton, lastest version of Aeon Nox Silvo and I can't figure out how to modify the home menu anymore: using the context touch ("C") doesn't do anything.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Not without a debug log (wiki)
(2017-02-13, 22:47)nhsman Wrote: I just tested it. There is still an issue: after Kodi is started, PVR manager update the guide data and after that if I highlight channel on the home screen the label says: "NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE" instead programme name.

http://imgur.com/a/VqedH

But after I reload skin manually the label shows properly.

http://imgur.com/a/fsMxQ

Mike, can you have another look into that - and sorry to be a pain.
Thanks.
Your going to have to ask your backend provider or get assistance in their forum section. If the info doesn't load fast enough then you might need to delay the start by using the Intro or something but I don't use PVR so my hands are tied. You will need to find a solution to slow population of infolabels provided your backend.
(2017-02-14, 00:20)meowmoo Wrote: anyone else have issues with the skinhelper-widget namings?

I have this issue on 3 kodi setups and 2 different skins, I guess its something about the language strings, but not sure, never see anyone bring this up so im kinda lost
Answered in MadNox thread Wink

If I find time I will update the MadNox overrides file but if you want to try to get to it first... Big Grin
(2017-02-14, 00:28)Botafuco Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 19:45)VanillaXtract Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 16:22)Botafuco Wrote: Maybe I'm confused with different threads related to Krypton, but I thought this was a known issue:

Try this:

1) SSH into your Kodi
2) Go to this folder: ~/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/extras
3) Rename the intro.mp4 to intro.mp4.off
4) Reboot Kodi

Did it help?

Yes, that worked. What is the issue? I didn't see mention of it anywhere (not that I looked terribly hard). It seems most people are using it without any issues. I am also only running into this problem on 1 out of 3 boxes running Krypton.

I'm not sure what is the issue, but I read it a couple of pages ago here on this thread. I think there are a few bugs that need to be straighten out, Silvo knows, he's just busy at the moment, he'll sort them out soon.

The freezing is known what is not known is why... All the skin is doing is asking Kodi to play a file before loading System.StartupWindow. The ones experiencing the issue HAVE TO POST in the relevant section or forum to get help or it will never be fixed.
I am more than happy to post. Is there a specific thread that you are referencing? Like I stated, in my experience, it is only with your skin. Estuary and Aeon Nox 5 work just fine.
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
Mike tested the Video Lyrics and is working fine . just on starting its almost like if there a slight hesitation and then it all kicks up and is working perfectly. excellent work !
(2017-02-13, 01:55)#1Guru Wrote: Can Anyone help Me??

I need the to make the area where the icons show up to be Wider so it Don't CHOP off half the ICON.

Also the Label under the Icon I need on Top of

If you just tell me where in the XML Coding I can Change this it would be greatly appreciative.

http://i.imgur.com/birVyHG.jpg

have you found a solution for this yet? i know it is in the xml's somewhere but I dont know where . it would save me a lot of time editing the xml files until i find it.
Some folks seem to be having a hard time with the move of certain functions in the Main Menu customizer to the context menu so...

I don't want anybody needing to scroll but I also do not want it to be annoying so time to get some opinions here.

Leave it the way it is, work on a re-design (which I am hesitant to do), or make the buttons smaller so more of them fit on screen without having to scroll?

Smaller Buttons:
(2017-02-14, 08:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Some folks seem to be having a hard time with the move of certain functions in the Main Menu customizer to the context menu so...

I don't want anybody needing to scroll but I also do not want it to be annoying so time to get some opinions here.

Leave it the way it is, work on a re-design (which I am hesitant to do), or make the buttons smaller so more of them fit on screen without having to scroll?

Smaller Buttons:

That looks too congested in my opinion, could we not just add something to the main menu on the left to show that there is additional option via the context menu?

I've never found it a problem myself but could understand people who are new to Kodi and Aeon Nox might not know it's there.
(2017-02-14, 01:38)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 22:47)nhsman Wrote: I just tested it. There is still an issue: after Kodi is started, PVR manager update the guide data and after that if I highlight channel on the home screen the label says: "NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE" instead programme name.

http://imgur.com/a/VqedH

But after I reload skin manually the label shows properly.

http://imgur.com/a/fsMxQ

Mike, can you have another look into that - and sorry to be a pain.
Thanks.
Your going to have to ask your backend provider or get assistance in their forum section. If the info doesn't load fast enough then you might need to delay the start by using the Intro or something but I don't use PVR so my hands are tied. You will need to find a solution to slow population of infolabels provided your backend.
Thanks for the answer, but if you look at the first screenshot you will see that the channel name and the plot are correct it's just that programme name label that is not updated. Any chance you can give it another thought?
Thank you.
Hi in the Jarvis version is there anyway to so the media in automatically when paused without having to press I

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F
(2017-02-14, 08:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Some folks seem to be having a hard time with the move of certain functions in the Main Menu customizer to the context menu so...

Going to have to look at the context menu now as I wasn't aware there were additional options.
Hi,

You know why the image is distorted ?

(2017-02-14, 11:05)GTunney Wrote:

Smaller Buttons:

That looks too congested in my opinion, could we not just add something to the main menu on the left to show that there is additional option via the context menu?

I've never found it a problem myself but could understand people who are new to Kodi and Aeon Nox might not know it's there.

My personal opinion:
1) Scroll down: OK
2) Make buttons smaller like the screenshot you just posted: OK (yes it looks "crowded" but I don't mind because this is a setting menu, I see it like once a year).

3) The way it's now implemented on Krypton: OK (but I agree the option needs to be made explicit/intuitive to the user).

I'm not sure how option 3) plays for people who don't have a keyboard attached to their Kodi's, I have a remote with enough keys so I'm able to map the context menu, but some people may be using those new slick apple remote that have like one-key-to-rule-them-all Rofl

PS: is it possible to add an option to choose which menu will be automatically selected when kodi starts up? I think right now in Jarvis it shows the "most in the middle".
(2017-02-14, 11:47)wheelzi31 Wrote: Hi in the Jarvis version is there anyway to so the media in automatically when paused without having to press I

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F (typie typie)

I'm sorry, can you rephrase? I think you are missing words there.
reading between the words I believe wheelzi31 is asking if there is anyway to automatically show the 'I' info when paused in Jarvis without pressing the 'I' key itself?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-02-14, 11:05)GTunney Wrote:

Smaller Buttons:

Maybe adding a slide out on the RIGHT side for context? Probably a lot of extra coding.....

• 423(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55