• 11(current)
Android KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV
so it seems it's working better now, with the year in the show name folder.
however, I'm having problems with this:
I put 2 new episodes of The Path and they are not recognized in the library update.
in the same transfer I created a new folder for the new show The Son and I put 2 episodes. this folder and the 2 episodes have been correctly loaded and updated by Kodi.

so why on the same file transfer, and same library update, The Path is not updated but The Son is?
all folders have the year in the name now. I also checked your link which was very helpful and renamed the files accordingly.
ideas?
thanks
and also: when I force a library updates, the new files are never seen. however, *sometimes* when i use "Scan for new content" the new episodes are added correctly.
it seems I can't find an exact pattern of how and why this happens.
to this day, my only way of seeing new added episodes is to go to "Informations" and then refresh from internet from scratch. but even in that way, sometimes the scraping is not successful.

any help, please?
@pabba, i am using filebot for renaming series and movies. In my case the series looks like:
Breaking Bad - S01E01 - Der Einstieg [720p AC3 5.1].mkv

And kodi has no problem to find the content, also scanning after adding new files is always successful.
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
OK but I followed Kodi's wiki official naming guide and my files are named correctly.
can't figure out why this happens

EDIT: I used Filebot to rename my entire library. I will post again when I'll have new episodes added
We are planning to buy Sony Bravia 49XD8077/8099 in next few days. Does anyone have experience with running Kodi on a recent Sony smart tv? Does it work well or is it sluggish? The only reason we are selecting a bit expensive model is because it will save money on Firetv box. Is it still worth investing in Firetv?
Kodi 17.1 runs pretty good on XD9305. Audio pass through works only by transcoding in AC3 5.1 and needs a bit of setting up. Pretty much any video formats I could find play fluently up to 4K HDR.
I do not think FireTV would give you any significant advantage. I think the CPUs in your TV and mine are a bit different thou, so performance may vary.
so, I'm now using FileBot for renaming all the new files (all the archive has been correctly renamed).

5 minutes ago I renamed "Broadchurch - S03E08.mkv" with Filebot and put it in the disk.
when I connect the disk back to the TV and launch Kodi, it's not recognized.
the library updates at Kodi boot, and I even forced the library update again 3 times, but nothing.
also "scan for new content" in the Tv show list does nothing.
I doublechecked on Tvdb website and the informations for the episode 08 have already been uploaded.

can anyone please help me to solve this nightmare? :-(
I don't know what to tell you. For me it just works in 99% cases. Did you cahnge anything related to scrappers?
an update: after about one hour in Kodi (I was watching another tv show), I came back to the tv show menu, I tried again to update the library and this time the new Broadchurch episode was correctly added.
why is it after such a long time?
(2016-12-20, 20:48)pabba Wrote: thanks! it works now.
but I can see two problems:

- some videos which have custom aspect ratio are stretched to fill the entire screen. in the default player, it was automatically resized so you could see the borders top / bottom.
- for some reason my AVR is not getting the dolby digital signal. it remains in the default state.

any ideas how to solve?
thanks

Hi Pabba,

sorry for my bad english,i have a 2016 sony tv like you...
can you post your xml final version? i don't understand how to modify the file...

Another question... how you replace the original xml file with the new one? file Explorer? Thankssss
you are not replacing anything. Did you even red the wiki?
(2017-04-21, 16:31)kinggo Wrote: you are not replacing anything. Did you even red the wiki?

Kinggo no.... sorry... I'm from italy so it's not my language... can you link me the guide? i'have copied the xml file in the folder but doesn't work... i replace your "CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" with SonyVideoPlayer but nothing... Thanks for your help
On top of the forum is the link for wiki.
Hi all

I own a 55XD9305 for a month, I've been playing with Kodi and SPMC trying to get stable AC3 and DTS support (I know that's usual topic)
I ended stick to SPMC 16.6.0 because it's still possible to passthrough DTS. Thanks a lot for your work @Koying !
My problem is that after I install and configure passthrough to my ONKYO AV receiver, passthrough works fine both in AC3 and DTS until I turn off everything off and turn on again later after cold power on.
Settings are the same, I don't find explanation but when I play the same movie again static sound is played both in AC3 and DTS. If I uninstall and reinstall again SPMC, reconfigure by enabling passthrough it works again.

Is there any logical explanation as why it works perfectly at first but after full power offs it stops working?

By the way after official Sony 3.865 firmware update to Marshmallow, the built it Video app no longer displays wrong aspect ratio which is a solution, buuut, Kodi is too lovely to give up Confused
(2017-04-21, 19:19)grenouille Wrote: Is there any logical explanation as why it works perfectly at first but after full power offs it stops working?
No. For me it would stop between two movies/episodes. But you don't have to uninstall/reinstall/configure...... Just exit kodi and try to play some DTS file with default video app. Stop it after a few seconds and go back to kodi and see if it works. It did for me on lollypop but it was still waaaaay to unreilable.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV0