• 67(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
Can I access my GPM Podcasts through this addon? If not, is that a feature that you are interested in working on?

Regardless, thank you for this
After all this time, I just realized that this plugin also plays back youtube music videos too (from search results). Very nice! I just donated again.
Is it possible to get the "Recents" feature implemented as a choice in the main menu? I would very much like to just have the "Recents" listed so I don't have to do a search or browse my library, since it's honestly inconvenient from a remote control. :/

Been using this plug-in for a while and I've had no issues with log-in or what ever on Kodi 17 - it just works for me. But I'd like "Recents" if it's not too much work.

Thanks for reading. Smile
(2017-07-10, 17:39)Director83 Wrote: Can I access my GPM Podcasts through this addon? If not, is that a feature that you are interested in working on?

Regardless, thank you for this

It doesn't support podcasts yet, but if there is interest, I can try to work on it for a future version.
Thumbs Up 
(2017-07-20, 16:25)curael Wrote: Is it possible to get the "Recents" feature implemented as a choice in the main menu? I would very much like to just have the "Recents" listed so I don't have to do a search or browse my library, since it's honestly inconvenient from a remote control. :/

Been using this plug-in for a while and I've had no issues with log-in or what ever on Kodi 17 - it just works for me. But I'd like "Recents" if it's not too much work.

Thanks for reading. Smile

"Recents" to the todo list, thanks.
I have been using Pandoki to stream Pandora but unfortunately Pandora is shutting down for NZ and Aus. Thinking about going down the Google Music route so long as I can manage it nicely through Kodi. This add-on seems pretty solid but I can't seem to find how to view/start my saved stations?

Also, the search function seems a bit hit and miss wrt to unicode characters?

Code:
22:32:42.077 T:1620 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '32', '?path=search']
22:32:42.161 T:1620 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] PATH: search
22:33:02.335 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '33', '?path=search_query&query=amy%20winehouse']
22:33:02.413 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] PATH: search_query
22:33:02.413 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] API getsearch: amy%20winehouse
22:33:02.640 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Loading auth from cache
22:33:03.918 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Loaded 0 tracks (0 art miss)
22:33:03.918 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Loaded 0 albums (0 art miss)
22:33:03.918 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] API search results: tracks 0 albums 0 artists 0 stations 0 videos 20
22:33:03.924 T:6628 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.​py", line 40, in <module>
GoogleMusicNavigation.GoogleMusicNavigation().listMenu(params)
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMu​sicNavigation.py", line 132, in listMenu
listItems = self.getSearch(get("query"))
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMu​sicNavigation.py", line 553, in getSearch
listItems.append(self.createFolder(video['title'],{'action':'play_yt','display_name':video['title']}))
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMu​sicNavigation.py", line 428, in createFolder
return "?".join([utils.addon_url, urlencode(params)]), li, "true"
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1347, in urlencode
v = quote_plus(str(v))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

EDIT:

Added the following at line 428 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py and the unicode issue seems to be resolved.

Code:
for key, value in params.iteritems():
            #utils.log("key: "+key.encode('utf-8')+" value: "+value.encode('utf-8'))
            params[key] = value.encode('utf-8')
(2017-07-22, 12:41)bennyblanc0 Wrote: Added the following at line 428 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py and the unicode issue seems to be resolved.

Code:
for key, value in params.iteritems():
            #utils.log("key: "+key.encode('utf-8')+" value: "+value.encode('utf-8'))
            params[key] = value.encode('utf-8')

Thanks, I'll add your fix to next version.
One other issue for me was when using a search history item which happened to have spaces, it would only show youtube videos in the results. Couple of small code changes got this right for me.

Changed line 4 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py to:
Code:
from urllib import quote_plus, unquote_plus, urlencode, url2pathname

Changed line 132 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py to:
Code:
listItems = self.getSearch(url2pathname(get("query")))

Really stoked on this app Smile
Hi,

Is the current development code repo for this plugin available? The github link (https://github.com/vially/googlemusic-xbmc) does not seem to have been updated in more than a year, yet more recent changes are discussed on the forum. I'm always interested in helping out with plugins that I use, so useful to know where pull requests can be made if I run into issues.

Cheers
Neilen
My fault, I'll try to keep it updated.
I see it only works on android any chance to get it ported to windows? I see it will not see the decorator addon. anyway I could help I wouldn't mind trying.. I use google music all the time and this would be a awesome addition to my kodi experience.
It works in Windows, have you tried and had any problems?
Using Kodi 17 and 18 I actually have 2 issues on install it can't install deocartor .or request s... So I got it from somewhere off the internet I forget where.

Once I have it installed then I doesn't see deocartor ... I think that how u spell it ..

So that's my issue is the dependances.
(2017-08-13, 12:02)Noobie101 Wrote: Using Kodi 17 and 18 I actually have 2 issues on install it can't install deocartor .or request s... So I got it from somewhere off the internet I forget where.

Once I have it installed then I doesn't see deocartor ... I think that how u spell it ..

So that's my issue is the dependances.

Not sure the difference but I downloaded the direct link instead of using the repo and it works... this is freaking amazing thank you.
This add-on has suddenly stopped working. It says invalid credentials or connectivity problems. This was never an issue until now, and I don't believe anything has changed.

I tried to clear cache, clear cookies, uninstall and reinstall etc and still nothing.

I believe it's not even trying to login, the error seems to come up too quickly.

Anyone else suddenly having issues?

EDIT: I have more than one Google account, and they all give the same error - so I believe that the error is related to the add-on, not to the logins. The logins work on other forms of Google Play Music. Have Google changed the API or something?

Here are my logs from the last login attempt:
Code:
22:03:49.494 T:4932   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10502 has been asked to focus, but it can't
22:03:49.756 T:20476  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1]  ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '655', '']
22:03:50.758 T:20476  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Checking init data
22:03:50.923 T:20476  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Trying to fetch the device_id
22:03:50.923 T:20476  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Logging in
22:03:52.072 T:20476  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Login in with device_id failed, trying with MAC
22:03:52.603 T:20476  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Login failed
22:04:50.141 T:17484  NOTICE: ES: Client  from ::ffff:192.168.1.3 timed out
22:07:50.091 T:20476   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not NoneType
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                utils.checkInit()
                                              File "C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\utils.py", line 113, in checkInit
                                                login.initDevice()
                                              File "C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicLogin.py", line 52, in initDevice
                                                self.login()
                                              File "C:\Users\Abba\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicLogin.py", line 109, in login
                                                raise
                                            TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not NoneType
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
22:07:50.230 T:4932   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/
22:07:50.230 T:4932   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/) failed
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17