• 30(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-08-27, 17:15)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 21:54)Blurayx Wrote: Lets start from the beginning Smile
Ok, we were talking about the same thing Smile But as it wasn't working properly (while I thought it did) I thought you meant something else. And then when you said you wanted a screensaver, I thought you meant something else again.. Tongue Anyway, the artists slideshow should work again now.

(2017-08-27, 13:58)Blurayx Wrote: Days of the week are missing from Met Office weather
Cheers, fixed for next version

Quote:Would it be possible to add an option to change views for favourites
Kodi's Favourite's window is archaic and offer nothing more than one label and one thumb type, and this window doesn't recognise content types. This means the skin can't "see" whether an item is an album, movie, folder, file, etc. And because of that I can't make the viewtype adapt to what is being listed in this window. Which would make the view type not fit the content more often than it would and t would just look bad.
There's another possibility and that is to use skin helper's widget paths as a plugin path. But that comes with it's own set of issues to solve.

So in short Smile No, in the native favourites window this would need a lot of work with little to nothing to gain from it. By using an add-on it could, but as said I am focusing on the core skin at the moment.

I'm very sorry for confusing you but we got their in the end lol SmileSmile

Thank you for fixing the artist slideshow and explaining the favourites view issue. From what you're saying, I completely understand that its not worth the hassle
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
Hi Jeroen,

what's the quickest way to access add-on Browser. I have to go thought a series of clicks to get to it. Or am I missing something Huh

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
To people who have too low powered of devices to run this skin, here's a patch that might help: http://sprunge.us/ggZH . This isn't something that would get merged as is, I'm just trying to get the skin capable of running on my devices.

Completely removing animations didn't help, but moving some images to the background loader did help with stability a bit (now only freeze between loading video nav ~1/5 times).

If you make it to a list view as well (my devices regularly freeze between home and video nav on this skin), I changed the standard list view to a fixedlist which removes some of the jank. Also switched the scrolltime settings. Hopefully soon I'll figure out how to get this running on low powered devices, but this might be enough for some other devices.
(2017-08-27, 17:55)Blurayx Wrote: what's the quickest way to access add-on Browser. I have to go thought a series of clicks to get to it. Or am I missing something Huh

Just add it to your home menu.
(2017-08-27, 17:02)3500 Wrote: While i playing movies and i found this bug
and you can try it!

press M

press I

press M

press I

press I

press M

press I

press M

...and Voila!

Interesting... I am assuming you mean the movie info opening twice and then not being able to get rid of the play controls apart from exiting out of the fullscreen video right?

I'm not even sure if it's actually solveable... I tried the same key sequence in Estuary, and although the video info opening is not as apparent because of the different design, I think the situation is more or less the same. I can't get rid of the controls without exiting the video.

The thing is, I don't think I can make the "info" button not do anything. It is opened (even though invisible while the controls are on screen) and made visible when the controls are closed. There's actually an invisible button you are focused on when you open the movie info. I put that there so you can still skip forward and such when the movie info is opened. And that button has an onfocus action tied to it that literally says close the video info... But it doesn't for some reason...

So, this is a tough one, and I think this could be a Kodi bug.
(2017-08-24, 22:27)TheLastOfUs Wrote: P.S. Jeroen - since you're online did you view my video?

I noticed a few people having issues with the animated background of grid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ4XZaNU...e=youtu.be

Bumping this. Also Jeroen - have you changed the way fanart is called on the homescreen since Refocus? FYI I'm using Kodi Krypton 17.4 (Aug 22nd build).

I ask because on Refocus my fanart is changing consistently after 30 seconds - yet I still get repeats of fanart as shown in the video specifically with Grid....including lets say the same fanart appearing 3 times, zooming in 2 different ways...not sure why. I tried without SQL - same behavior.
(2017-08-27, 21:32)TheLastOfUs Wrote: Bumping this.
I actually decided to disable animated backgrounds on the homescreen completely. The thing is, animations in Kodi are a totally isolated..thing. Animations can't be scripted and they aren't aware of eachother. So there's the actually moving/zooming of the animation and there's the transition animation between the images. Both have their own animation timing, speed, delay, etc. So unless these two animations can be "aware' of eachother, these animations will always go out of sync really easily and look bad (images animating more than once, etc.)

Quote:have you changed the way fanart is called on the homescreen since Refocus? FYI I'm using Kodi Krypton 17.4 I believe.
I ask because on Refocus my fanart is changing consistently after 30 seconds - yet I still get repeats of fanart as shown in the video specifically with Grid....

Nope, not really. Slideshow is handled by fanart grabber, just as in reFocus. In both skins there's just a multiimage control which is fed a path by a variable containing the different options (all fanart, only movie fanart, etc).

If you're talking about images appearing twice in an animation, then it's actually not the image showing twice, you're just seeing the image twice in the timespan of one animation. I know that seems like the same thing, but it isn't Wink But, in any case it's a problem. A problem that can't really be solved properly so that's why I am taking it out.

Hope that makes sense ..Smile
(2017-08-27, 21:45)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 21:32)TheLastOfUs Wrote: Bumping this.
I actually decided to disable animated backgrounds on the homescreen completely. The thing is, animations in Kodi are a totally isolated..thing. Animations can't be scripted and they aren't aware of eachother. So there's the actually moving/zooming of the animation and there's the transition animation between the images. Both have their own animation timing, speed, delay, etc. So unless these two animations can be "aware' of eachother, these animations will always go out of sync really easily and look bad (images animating more than once, etc.)

Quote:have you changed the way fanart is called on the homescreen since Refocus? FYI I'm using Kodi Krypton 17.4 I believe.
I ask because on Refocus my fanart is changing consistently after 30 seconds - yet I still get repeats of fanart as shown in the video specifically with Grid....

Nope, not really. Slideshow is handled by fanart grabber, just as in reFocus. In both skins there's just a multiimage control which is fed a path by a variable containing the different options (all fanart, only movie fanart, etc).

If you're talking about images appearing twice in an animation, then it's actually not the image showing twice, you're just seeing the image twice in the timespan of one animation. I know that seems like the same thing, but it isn't Wink But, in any case it's a problem. A problem that can't really be solved properly so that's why I am taking it out.

Hope that makes sense ..Smile

Yeah, makes complete sense brother. I personally don't mind the repetition/images animating more than once as long as I know it's sort of a common issue at the time (and not just me). This may explain the image gaps too maybe that I experience here or there now with just the Grid background showing. xD but I shall upgrade to the latest grid for all the other fixes regardless.
(2017-08-27, 22:03)TheLastOfUs Wrote: Yeah, makes complete sense brother. I personally don't mind the repetition/images animating more than once as long as I know it's sort of a common issue at the time (and not just me). This may explain the image gaps too maybe that I experience here or there now with just the Grid background showing. xD but I shall upgrade to the latest grid for all the other fixes regardless.
It probably does yeah. As I am rambling though I'm thinking taking the fade out of the animation will probably improve things quite a bit..

edit: yup, one of those why the hell didn't I think of this before moments. much better I think.
The following line is what's been causing my kodi crashes on libreelec, doesn't seem to be anything to do with the power of device: <visible>String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.NextEpisode.Airdate),$INFO[System.Date(DDDD)])</visible>

Unfortunately one of my devices was also overheating when gdb would run after the crash, and I wouldn't get a full crash log. The other devices were dumping crash logs correctly, but I didn't check them and made assumptions.

Other skins I've used don't pass an argument to System.Date when it's used, so there might be something strange happening here. I'm not demanding a change, but now at least if other LE users run into these crashes they'll know a solution.
Good job at locating that. Considering that feature hasn't worked for a long time, I will definitely be taking it out. I was using it to show an overlay on a tv show's artwork when it's next episode was airing today. I was leaving it there, hoping Skinhelper would be pulling this info succesfully again at some point.
@Jeroen & @realjohngalt - re: Airdate / Airing today crash.

Most likely the reason why it is crashing (and maybe why the condition is not working) is because you used incorrect syntax. With String.IsEqual, you don't wrap info labels in info tags on *either* side. It should be:

Code:
<visible>String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.NextEpisode.Airdate)​,System.Date(DDDD))</visible>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@Jeroen

Is there a way to disable the permanent zoom and pan of the fanart on the homescreen? it's very restless and doesn't fit to the fanart and it wasn't present in early versions of grid.

Question Number Two

(2017-08-26, 03:05)kingogondo Wrote: @Jeroen

Is there an option to display the time played and not the time remaining (video player)? Or is that a kodi setting? Could not find it.

Thank you
Hey Jeroen,

Quick Q but any idea why Library Data Provider is throwing the following error with ReFocus skin?

Code:
15:57:06.809 T:22580   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'bool' object has no attribute 'append'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\U\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\plugin.py", line 159, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\U\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\plugin.py", line 83, in __init__
                                                data.parse_movies('recentmovies', 32005, listA, dateListA, "dateadded", self.USECACHE, self.PLOT_ENABLE, self.LIMIT)
                                              File "C:\Users\U\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\resources\lib\data.py", line 181, in parse_movies
                                                date_liz.append(movie[date_type])
                                            AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'append'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:57:06.840 T:17932   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recentvideos&reload=

update - used latest Library Data Provider here - ironically the ones from the repo kept tossing up errors...must be older versions of the add-on - yup confirmed EDIT2: Older version 0.3.0 is on the repo. Install 0.3.1 and it's wayyy better!

https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...a.provider
Quote:Thanks jm, yeah I just added Source Sans Pro as an alternate fontset. Not a big fan of Fira personally. Nimbus looks pretty nice and classic, might have to consider that too. But Source Sans Pro (and Roboto) should support Cyrillic, Greek, Latin and Vietnamese. Still a lot of languages missing like hebrew and asian languages, but it's a good start Smile)

hebrew support will be great.
Unicode font does not look good with hebrew,
it doesn't have bold fonts and menu & sub menu all look the same size and thickens
most skins support hebrew via arial font.

Is there a plan to add more widgets per menu item?
I'm find my self using widgets almost exclusively, kind of how amazon fire tv sorts their content
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10