• 54(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-10-17, 18:41)akya Wrote: For the new episodes that I add, I get the following.. Just "1" instead of "1 unwatched episode"

https://i.imgur.com/7AkLgzO.jpg

Fixed for next update, thanks for reporting.
(2017-10-15, 13:53)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 21:50)purpleman Wrote: Could you make an option that when I pause the video or click Info, instead of just showing how much time is left, show the actual elapsed time?

I often find myself wanting to know how far along I am in watching something or want to take note in case I decide to continue watching later (resuming in Kodi doesn't always help as my wife and kids watch too).

How would taking note of how much time has past be any different from taking note how much time there is left to watch?

Kodi lets you navigate to an exact time in the video by you just punching the numbers on your keyboard or remote. For example, you want to get to 1 minute and 40 second, you hit 140-enter. I'm unfamiliar with a way to jump to a time point based on how much time you have left at that point.

Makes sense?
(2017-10-18, 15:53)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 18:41)akya Wrote: For the new episodes that I add, I get the following.. Just "1" instead of "1 unwatched episode"

https://i.imgur.com/7AkLgzO.jpg

Fixed for next update, thanks for reporting.

Also check this - https://i.imgur.com/O07Jr6w.jpg
No season and episode number and date...
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

(2017-10-19, 08:27)akya Wrote: No season and episode number and date...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322654 Smile
Added this to the FAQ because for some people apparently this is quite difficult and it makes them leave passive agressive rants on other platforms.

Quote:ZOMG!#$ this skin haz no filemanager! And the menu doesn't have shortcuts to X or Y!

Grid's main menu is completely customizable, meaning you can add any location or function to it's main menu. The items you see after installing Grid are merely defaults you can adjust to your liking. Go to System, Skin Settings, Menus to customize the main menu.

To put it bluntly, please read the FAQ before posting here or elsewhere.
Jeroen, would it be possible for you to include the customization of the power menu?

Also I‘d like to request a change to the media info view. Currently this view only displays the duration in minutes. I have locally modded it to also display the computed end time for convenience, maybe you want to add this to the master branch.

I have done my change to „Variables.xml“, lines 823 and 825:
Code:
<variable name="information:L3">
<value condition="Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, $LOCALIZE[12391]]  ($LOCALIZE[31556] $INFO[ListItem.EndTime,,])</value>
<value condition="Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, $LOCALIZE[12391]  ($LOCALIZE[31556] $INFO[ListItem.EndTime,,])</value>

This results in „96 Minutes (Finished at 19:26)“, instead of „96 Minutes“.

[EDIT]
Have just seen that this also needs to be done additionally for the result of the global search plugin.
This seems to be driven by some other variable.
[/EDIT]

I have yet to find the LOCALIZE value for „o‘clock“, which I‘d like to see after the time.

And oh, pretty, pretty please, change the german translation of #31855 to „Bis bald!“.

Thank you very much!
(2017-10-19, 02:15)purpleman Wrote: Kodi lets you navigate to an exact time in the video by you just punching the numbers on your keyboard or remote. For example, you want to get to 1 minute and 40 second, you hit 140-enter. I'm unfamiliar with a way to jump to a time point based on how much time you have left at that point.

I see, i’ll put it on my list.
(2017-10-19, 18:00)badkarmaboy Wrote: Jeroen, would it be possible for you to include the customization of the power menu?
I could but meh, is there any particular use case for it?

Quote:Also I‘d like to request a change to the media info view. Currently this view only displays the duration in minutes. I have locally modded it to also display the computed end time for convenience, maybe you want to add this to the master branch.
Yes, I’ll put this on my list. You are talking about a view though, but that variable is only used in the media information windows (as in the windows that opens when you press i). I assume we're talking about the same thing, but just to be sure.

Quote:Have just seen that this also needs to be done additionally for the result of the global search plugin.
Last time I checked global search used it’s own custom info screen.

Quote:I have yet to find the LOCALIZE value for „o‘clock“, which I‘d like to see after the time.
There is none

Quote:And oh, pretty, pretty please, change the german translation of #31855 to „Bis bald!“.
I’ll leave that up to the translators, i’m not going to interfere with their contributions.
When using the slide viewtype for the video library, six posters are displayed though the posters on each end are mostly hidden. This is fine unless you are browsing through the library using the scroll bar or page up/down, when the page advances six titles at a time. The result is two out of every six posters are effectively missed each time you scroll through. Maybe it's only me, but advancing four titles at a time would be preferable. I'm not sure if this is under your control but thought I would ask anyway. 

Thanks for all your hard work, the skin is fantastic.
(2017-10-20, 07:10)nosferatune Wrote: When using the slide viewtype for the video library, six posters are displayed though the posters on each end are mostly hidden. This is fine unless you are browsing through the library using the scroll bar or page up/down, when the page advances six titles at a time. The result is two out of every six posters are effectively missed each time you scroll through. Maybe it's only me, but advancing four titles at a time would be preferable. I'm not sure if this is under your control but thought I would ask anyway. 

Thanks for all your hard work, the skin is fantastic.

Yeah, I am aware. It's something I haven't been able to make my mind up about yet. In it's current form I cannot control how many items it advances. If I set up this view differently I am able to do that, but then that will have other consequences I really don't like. Thanks for reminding me, I'll put it on my list to look into soon.

And you're welcome, glad you like it.
(2017-10-20, 00:13)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 18:00)badkarmaboy Wrote: Jeroen, would it be possible for you to include the customization of the power menu?
I could but meh, is there any particular use case for it?
For example to get rid of "Suspend" or other unwanted stuff.

Quote:
Quote:Also I‘d like to request a change to the media info view. Currently this view only displays the duration in minutes. I have locally modded it to also display the computed end time for convenience, maybe you want to add this to the master branch.
Yes, I’ll put this on my list. You are talking about a view though, but that variable is only used in the media information windows (as in the windows that opens when you press i). I assume we're talking about the same thing, but just to be sure.
Yes, we are talking about the same.

Quote:
Quote:Have just seen that this also needs to be done additionally for the result of the global search plugin.
Last time I checked global search used it’s own custom info screen.
It looks like, but I haven't had time to dig into it.

Quote:
Quote:I have yet to find the LOCALIZE value for „o‘clock“, which I‘d like to see after the time.
There is none
Thank you for clarification.

Quote:
Quote:And oh, pretty, pretty please, change the german translation of #31855 to „Bis bald!“.
I’ll leave that up to the translators, i’m not going to interfere with their contributions.
Didn't know that this is sourced from Kodi master branch. Thank you for the explanation.
(2017-10-20, 13:27)badkarmaboy Wrote: For example to get rid of "Suspend" or other unwanted stuff.
To be honest, I hardly ever shut down my devices and when I do I just really don't care if there are a couple of items in there that I don't (regularly) use. I know this isn't the popular answer to hear, but to me it's just a non-issue, sorry.

Quote:Yes, we are talking about the same.
Ok, this change is lined up for the next update.

Quote:Didn't know that this is sourced from Kodi master branch. Thank you for the explanation.
This particular string is not sourced from Kodi's master branch. Strings you see in Grid can be sourced from it (basically I use kodi's strings whenever they exist), but also from Grid's own localized strings. Regardless of where it is sourced from I am leaving it up to the translators. They invest time and effort into providing these translations, I don't feel right about interfering with that. If you wish you can join the translation team here.
Hi guys.

I use Grid on a RPi3 (libreelec)
The problem is.. I don't get Widget working.. if i press right in the home menu grid always shows latest movies as widget for all menu contents. For example: i configured tv channels for livetv as widget but no chance..
(2017-10-20, 18:58)Ruschi Wrote: The problem is.. I don't get Widget working.. if i press right in the home menu grid always shows latest movies as widget for all menu contents. For example: i configured tv channels for livetv as widget but no chance..

See "Good to know" in the first post.

I dont see whats wrong.. under 'Widget>content' i put channels in.. maybe I didnt understand the technic.. poor german :-)
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10