kodi 17.6 (horizon skin) - problem with TV stream
hi all,

currently running kodi 17.6 on a raspberry pi 3 (via libreelec)...

have started using an add-on (link below) that displays all live tv streams for australia...

https://www.matthuisman.nz/2017/08/au-fr...dd-on.html

the add-on works fine, but when the stream is playing, the stream channel name and other info (stream display time) is shown on the screen in the bottom left corner and the time is shown in the top right corner.

is there any way to remove this?

am still a newbie to this, so if i haven't provided relevant info, please ask and i'll do my best to answer.

thanks...
Hello @paceman007,

That question is better asked in the appropriate skin forum. I will move your post to the Horizon forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-01, 03:17)Karellen Wrote: Hello @paceman007,

That question is better asked in the appropriate skin forum. I will move your post to the Horizon forum.

Thanks, mate...
For some reason the add-on is setting the content type incorrectly to musicvideos - so you are getting the music video info popup which shows at the beginning and end of a musicvideo clip. However, because it is a stream it is always at the beginning so the the info is always showing.

I recommend taking this up with the add-on author - they should be setting the content type to either "livetv" or "videos".

In the meantime, you can prevent the info pop-up by enabling large album art in music visualisation.
Skin Settings > Music / Video OSD > Use large album art in music visualisation (Enable it).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-12-03, 12:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: For some reason the add-on is setting the content type incorrectly to musicvideos - so you are getting the music video info popup which shows at the beginning and end of a musicvideo clip. However, because it is a stream it is always at the beginning so the the info is always showing.

I recommend taking this up with the add-on author - they should be setting the content type to either "livetv" or "videos".

In the meantime, you can prevent the info pop-up by enabling large album art in music visualisation.
Skin Settings > Music / Video OSD > Use large album art in music visualisation (Enable it).

thanks, mate... love your work...

i'll let the developer know...
(2017-12-03, 12:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: I recommend taking this up with the add-on author - they should be setting the content type to either "livetv" or "videos".

Hi @jurialmunkey

Where is "livetv" stated as a valid media type?
I can't see it in: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ediaType.h

I couldn't find a suitable media type for live channels.
I wanted something that would prevent any "resume from" behavior and if possible preventing the list item as showing as watched.

I'm hoping 'livetv' is valid and I can use that.
I just initially didn't see it listed anywhere.

Also, anything similar for live radio streams?
Again, I want no "resume from" or "watched" status on the item.

"Resume from" actually breaks some live streams.
(2017-12-04, 01:22)matthuisman Wrote:
(2017-12-03, 12:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: I recommend taking this up with the add-on author - they should be setting the content type to either "livetv" or "videos".

Hi @jurialmunkey

Where is "livetv" stated as a valid media type?
I can't see it in: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ediaType.h

I couldn't find a suitable media type for live channels.
I wanted something that would prevent any "resume from" behavior and if possible preventing the list item as showing as watched.

I'm hoping 'livetv' is valid and I can use that.
I just initially didn't see it listed anywhere.

Also, anything similar for live radio streams?
Again, I want no "resume from" or "watched" status on the item.

"Resume from" actually breaks some live streams.

Im not sure if "livetv" is a valid content type in the library, but for playback the pvr sets the videoplayer content type to "livetv" so it is definitely valid from playback (I check for it in skins to show different osd buttons if a tvchannel is playing).

The music videos content type is problematic because many skins set different viewtypes and on screen info based upon content type.

From a skinning perspective you ideally would want to have the content set to videos in the library (and somehow suppress the resume function), but have the videoplayer set to livetv. Not sure if this is possible as I'm not very familiar with addon development, but I can ask around as to what the best practice is.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17.6 (horizon skin) - problem with TV stream0