• 101(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
I am using the kodi V17.6 with a fresh install of Windows 7 other than that whatever I change I still see the same behavior.

I used the xbmc launcher to and still no luck, this can be solved with some tweaks on my end but I think these are basic features that should be addressed.

Also another issue I noticed is when I run steam games via steam.exe e.g. using steam.exe as the launcher and adding the steam app id via arguments, AEL waits for steam to close which it doesn't and I can't run other games except if I log out and relog
Is here a known problem with the Scrapers? Mine dont seem to work anymore, not even after upgrading to the current build 0.9.7 from 0.9.5...

Kodi 17.6 on Win 10.
(2018-08-03, 16:09)Turnspit Wrote: Is here a known problem with the Scrapers? Mine dont seem to work anymore, not even after upgrading to the current build 0.9.7 from 0.9.5...

Kodi 17.6 on Win 10.
Thanks for reporting. I will have a look ASAP. In the mean time use the offline scraper and local artwork.
(2018-08-05, 13:51)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-08-03, 16:09)Turnspit Wrote: Is here a known problem with the Scrapers? Mine dont seem to work anymore, not even after upgrading to the current build 0.9.7 from 0.9.5...

Kodi 17.6 on Win 10.
Thanks for reporting. I will have a look ASAP. In the mean time use the offline scraper and local artwork. 
Offline Scrapers don't seem to work for me either. I always get something along the lines "game could not be found". Tried it with Cuphead as well as with Trackmania Wii, both which I verified to exist in TGDB.

Can it among others somehow correlate with the changes to TGDB, they seem to have remade the page? https://thegamesdb.net/
I can't login with my credencials anymore either...
@Turnspit The offline scraper currently works perfectly only for MAME/Arcade. For console systems it works OK for some platforms only. Your ROMs must have No-Intro names. You can check the games included in the offline scraper DB with the browser.

To be honest I haven't used AEL in about 6 months, I was focusing on AML. Some months ago the GameFAQs scraper didn't work because changes in their web site and should be broken now. If TGDB have made changes in the API then the scraper is likely to be broken as well. Is MobyGames scraper also broken?
(2018-07-28, 08:42)Blink123123 Wrote: I am using the kodi V17.6 with a fresh install of Windows 7 other than that whatever I change I still see the same behavior.

I used the xbmc launcher to and still no luck, this can be solved with some tweaks on my end but I think these are basic features that should be addressed.

Also another issue I noticed is when I run steam games via steam.exe e.g. using steam.exe as the launcher and adding the steam app id via arguments, AEL waits for steam to close which it doesn't and I can't run other games except if I log out and relog
You need to create a wrapper BAT/CMD file and then download an utility that allows you to maximize/minimize/give focus to Windows applications. Search in the thread, the solution is here (although I don't remember where). In google put at the end of the search site:forum.kodi.tv to restrict your searches to the Kodi forum only.
(2018-08-06, 12:25)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @Turnspit The offline scraper currently works perfectly only for MAME/Arcade. For console systems it works OK for some platforms only. Your ROMs must have No-Intro names. You can check the games included in the offline scraper DB with the browser.

To be honest I haven't used AEL in about 6 months, I was focusing on AML. Some months ago the GameFAQs scraper didn't work because changes in their web site and should be broken now. If TGDB have made changes in the API then the scraper is likely to be broken as well. Is MobyGames scraper also broken?
 Yep, I just tested it, MobyGames is the only one currently working - although after restarting, the informations scraped by it are gone again... Undecided
(2018-08-07, 07:24)Turnspit Wrote: Yep, I just tested it, MobyGames is the only one currently working - although after restarting, the informations scraped by it are gone again... Undecided
That should never happen. Can you please explain a bit what you do? You use the ROM scanner or the context menu to scrape ROM by ROM? Can you reproduce the bug? If so, please post a debug log as instructed in the first post.
(2018-08-06, 12:27)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-07-28, 08:42)Blink123123 Wrote: I am using the kodi V17.6 with a fresh install of Windows 7 other than that whatever I change I still see the same behavior.

You need to create a wrapper BAT/CMD file and then download an utility that allows you to maximize/minimize/give focus to Windows applications. Search in the thread, the solution is here (although I don't remember where). In google put at the end of the search site:forum.kodi.tv to restrict your searches to the Kodi forum only.  
 Is this a viable method to run Windows apps (from the MS store) using the particular method described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...675?auth=1

BTW: love your support for William Gibson. Smile
(2018-08-07, 10:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-08-07, 07:24)Turnspit Wrote: Yep, I just tested it, MobyGames is the only one currently working - although after restarting, the informations scraped by it are gone again... Undecided
That should never happen. Can you please explain a bit what you do? You use the ROM scanner or the context menu to scrape ROM by ROM? Can you reproduce the bug? If so, please post a debug log as instructed in the first post. 
 Okay, that seems like it has been some kind of one-time hickup of sorts... Information gets saved properly and is still present after restart, I wasn't able to reproduce it...

Is there any chance that you can get these scrapers up and running again? TGDB has always been awesome!
Hello, I tried to use AEL as an alternative to the outdates advanced launcher addon.

Whenever I try to create a launcher and choose launchertype (no matter which type, error happens everytime) the setup failes and the brings up the following log, any idea ?
Quote: 02:29:51.968 T:140089015400192   ERROR: AEL INFO : launcherfactory.create() New launcher (launcher_type = STANDALONE)
02:29:51.968 T:140089015400192   ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
02:29:51.972 T:140089015400192   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: _load() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                main.Main().run_plugin()
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 305, in run_plugin
                                                self.run_protected(command, args)
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 389, in run_protected
                                                self._command_add_new_launcher(args['catID'][0])
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 1006, in _command_add_new_launcher
                                                launcher = self.launcherFactory.create(None)
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/launchers.py", line 87, in create
                                                return self._load(launcher_type, {}, None)
                                            TypeError: _load() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2018-08-16, 02:50)b4904540 Wrote: Hello, I tried to use AEL as an alternative to the outdates advanced launcher addon.

Whenever I try to create a launcher and choose launchertype (no matter which type, error happens everytime) the setup failes and the brings up the following log, any idea ?
Quote: 02:29:51.968 T:140089015400192   ERROR: AEL INFO : launcherfactory.create() New launcher (launcher_type = STANDALONE)
02:29:51.968 T:140089015400192   ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
02:29:51.972 T:140089015400192   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: _load() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                main.Main().run_plugin()
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 305, in run_plugin
                                                self.run_protected(command, args)
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 389, in run_protected
                                                self._command_add_new_launcher(args['catID'][0])
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 1006, in _command_add_new_launcher
                                                launcher = self.launcherFactory.create(None)
                                              File "/home/USERNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/launchers.py", line 87, in create
                                                return self._load(launcher_type, {}, None)
                                            TypeError: _load() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Seems like you are using the master branch version, which is still under development.
Download the 0.9.8 version from https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin...ease-0.9.8
(2018-08-16, 10:47)chrisism Wrote:
(2018-08-16, 02:50)b4904540 Wrote: Hello, I tried to use AEL as an alternative to the outdates advanced launcher addon.

Quote:[...]
Seems like you are using the master branch version, which is still under development.
Download the 0.9.8 version from https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin...ease-0.9.8 
 Hi, thank you, that worked wonderful. I used the release linked in the github faq which was 0.9.7, then updated it via settings to 0.9.9, no version worked.

0.9.8 works quite fine and I can open playonlinux games. Thanks a lot.
(2018-08-09, 08:45)Turnspit Wrote:
(2018-08-07, 10:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
 Okay, that seems like it has been some kind of one-time hickup of sorts... Information gets saved properly and is still present after restart, I wasn't able to reproduce it...

Is there any chance that you can get these scrapers up and running again? TGDB has always been awesome!   
I'm working on it. Somebody reported this on Github as well (maybe you?). As I said before, I'm currently very busy with RL and have little free time for the Advanced Launchers. I will try to release a fixed 0.9.8 ASAP.
Hello,

I managed to install version .98 but.... I cannot create a Launcher for any of my emulators.
Is it possible to create a new launcher to launch retroarch with the proper INTENT for Android?. 

Thanks,
Warrick.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12