• 138(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
(2018-10-25, 20:46)scott967 Wrote:
(2018-10-25, 11:47)3xistence Wrote: Tried both the suggestions but same result: Everything works but Kodi Crash to Desktop when i return back to the Home Screen.
Can it be something inside my skin?
Here's the debug log (from running the script to the CTD)
  ataxozonin.kodi (paste)

It seems a bit like I see, in my case it seems like controls that are created in the script's window are not properly released when the script ends.

scott s.
 Did you find some kind of solution in order to release them?
I was also thinking that maybe can it be some kind of conflict with the global search script?

I checked on Estuary skin and, as far as i can see, with that RunScript command everything works fine. Maybe there's a portion of code somewhere about closing views/dialog in order to release the script?
I don't think Estuary implements the dialog xml files?  Instead it uses the ones within the addon's folder tree.  In my case I adapt the default xml files for my skin mod and place them in the skin's folder tree.  That's my theory right now, haven't had a chance to do some testing.

scott s.
(2018-10-26, 22:03)scott967 Wrote: I don't think Estuary implements the dialog xml files?  Instead it uses the ones within the addon's folder tree.  In my case I adapt the default xml files for my skin mod and place them in the skin's folder tree.  That's my theory right now, haven't had a chance to do some testing.

scott s.
 Can be a right solution to the problem: you suggest to take the main script files, add them directly to my skin and change them for my needs?
Maybe i can give it a try: let's say that i don't even care about how the results will be displayed right about now but just that i can run the script, check the various movies into moviedb and being able to return back to the skin home screen without a Crash To Desktop.

I can try to do like that and see what happend. If it will work it solves already a lot of problems and i just need to merge and modify it for suit better the skin
Graphic and Web Designer | C++ Programmer | Creator of 3XperiencE1080 Skin
(2018-11-06, 11:09)3xistence Wrote:
(2018-10-26, 22:03)scott967 Wrote: I don't think Estuary implements the dialog xml files?  Instead it uses the ones within the addon's folder tree.  In my case I adapt the default xml files for my skin mod and place them in the skin's folder tree.  That's my theory right now, haven't had a chance to do some testing.

scott s.
 Can be a right solution to the problem: you suggest to take the main script files, add them directly to my skin and change them for my needs?
Maybe i can give it a try: let's say that i don't even care about how the results will be displayed right about now but just that i can run the script, check the various movies into moviedb and being able to return back to the skin home screen without a Crash To Desktop.

I can try to do like that and see what happend. If it will work it solves already a lot of problems and i just need to merge and modify it for suit better the skin 
 I don't know all the fine details, but my general understanding is that when addon uses windowXML class, it supplies a file name and Kodi first looks for that file in the current skin xml file folder, and if it doesn't exist, the addon can provide a fallback path, which is within the addon's folder tree.  Also if the xml file uses any media image files it looks in the appropriate media folder (skin's or addon's depending on where the xml file was loaded from).

In looking at extendedinfo script, I see there is an addon setting "force_native_layout", which I don't think you can set in the settings UI but from a quick look at the code, if that setting is set to true it forces use of the addon path xml file, not the one (if it exists) in the skin's xml folder.

scott s.
https://paste.kodi.tv/inoduluqub  (2680 lines to 2740 lines) please help me,Thank you Smile
Two things:  1) the script author policy is that no end-user support is available in this thread.  You need to ask the maintainer of your skin Aeon MQ7 leia mod.  2) it appears you have some dodgy 3rd-party repos and addons installed.  You need to remove those and run a clean install of Kodi to get support from the forum.

scott s.
Please tell me which addons are illegal
Not a lawyer, don't know what may be illegal in your location.  I don't make decisions about which addons are banned on the forum, but from looking at repository.jewrepo at the least, that one looks like it contains various banned addons from exodus such as "sports devil".  I suspect scrubsv2 and beardedbandit are problematic.  Like I say, I don't make the decisions but I do have to abide by the spirit of the rules so won't go further on this unless a mod says your addons are OK.

scott s.
(2018-12-23, 05:21)scott967 Wrote: Not a lawyer, don't know what may be illegal in your location.  I don't make decisions about which addons are banned on the forum, but from looking at repository.jewrepo at the least, that one looks like it contains various banned addons from exodus such as "sports devil".  I suspect scrubsv2 and beardedbandit are problematic.  Like I say, I don't make the decisions but I do have to abide by the spirit of the rules so won't go further on this unless a mod says your addons are OK.

scott s.

I seem to know something, because my iphone system is iOS12, so the inability to run 32-bit kodi,extended INFO seems to be not very friendly to 64-bit. But it works fine on my Windows ' PC.
Doing some more testing.  I get a consistent crash on Win 7 x64 when opening the YoutubeList dialog from Music/Artists/Musicinfo dialog.  The xmldialog opens OK and I can play videos from the window, but when I close the window Kodi crashes.  I tested with Leia builds I have available and the last one that worked was 170517 nightly, and the earliest one that crashes in 170629 nightly.  I tried to run through what was merged in that timeframe and nothing jumped out, but PR 12295 and 12213 did catch my interest, but I don't really see what those did.

For some reason I was looking into the Kodi65 module and looking at dialogbaselist.py made me wonder if there is a problem in executing builtin Container.SetviewMode().  I tried just commenting that out and it doesn't crash, but the dialog doesn't load any listitems either so I assume that's not really telling me anything.  Something that makes me curious, though, is in my skin unlike Estuary (which closes the musicinfo dialog and then runs extendedinfo) when I implemented the "get youtube videos" call to extendedinfo, I leave the musicinfo dialog open and open the youtubelist on top of it.  Exiting the youtbutelist takes me back to my musicinfo dialog, no crash until I close my musicinfo dialog going back to the media container (music/artists in music window in this case) and then it crashes.  And when I restart, when I open my music window again I lost my previous view mode and get view 51 which is my default view.

scott s.
FYI I opened an issue 15226 (GH issue)

scott s.
That's wrong place for Add-on Bugs
Code:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/
Better use Author github,when Leia release.
Code:
https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo/issues
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2019-01-10, 01:36)Angelinas Wrote: That's wrong place for Add-on Bugs
Code:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/
Better use Author github,when Leia release.
Code:
https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo/issues

Well, Kodi should not crash, even if the add-on has a bug.  But, my understanding of the Python API for xbmc.gui is that what extendedinfo script is doing (actually, module kodi65) is allowed and in fact used to work up to 170517 nightly.  Extendedinfo is using the "AddItems" method to place listitems into the dialog's media container which is based on the idea that there can be more than one "view" defined in the window and user can use nextview / previousview to cycle the views (example list or panel).  That way the container id isn't stated, instead Kodi should use the container id of the current view.  As it is, the YoutubeList.xml window only defines one view (500), but VideoList.xml defines two (500/panel,50/list).  VideoList.xml isn't used in Aeon MQ5 Leia Mod and I'm not sure if Estuary uses it either (haven't seen it in testing but I haven't looked either).

scott s.
While I still believe Kodi should not crash, after some more study I see now in Python APi a v18 change for WindowXML:  There's now a new parameter for creating an instance of "IsMedia" which defaults to false.  But, AFAICT, extendedinfoscript is not actually using WindowXML for the window, rather DialogXML.  DialogXML doesn't have the option of setting "IsMedia",   so my guess is that is the source of the trouble which eventually leads to the crash.  If that's right, the addon needs to be changed either to eliminate the idea of of treating its windows as media windows (and hence, you can't change a "view" in them), or change the code to create a window rather than a dialog (but I think it is also setting "doModal" which I don't know, but suspect can't be done on windows, just dialogs).

I might try PRing my workaround to Phil66's github for consideration as a permanent fix.

scott s.
(2015-06-09, 13:36)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 13:25)Dumyat Wrote: Something I've noticed and quite curious about is why all the movie titles I view when using this script return movie certifications for the US? My details on The Movedb site are set to the UK and Europe time zone. I also have the correct credentials and preferences set for both this script and the movie database plugin in Kodi, but I'm still not getting UK certifications for the movie titles I view. Is somebody able to tell me if I'm doing anything wrong, or for that matter if I need to do anything further?

atm it always takes the first certification returned by the API. would need some work to be able to prioritize them. 
 Hi, was this ever resolved? I'd really like to change my settings to show UK certification rather than US.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29