• 25(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
Does this make it so i can make the tempo up more than 1.5x?
this would be so great!
i am sorry but i dont understand how to actually do it (i have never used something from github so i dont really understand how this works and i am a super noob)
so is there some code that i can paste to some of the kodi xmls or something ?
sorry for the stupid question . Thanks
(2017-07-11, 19:20)FernetMenta Wrote: I did some rework https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12470

noteworthy:

- videoplayer keeps tempo after pause / resume
- min/max tempo speed can be set by platforms and at runtime (this is first step to expand range)
 Regarding this
Sorry.
On mac, to make it work add a custom keymap.xml to /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ with this inside:

xml:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<left mod="alt">PlayerControl(tempodown)</left>
<right mod="alt">PlayerControl(tempoup)</right>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
Hi, I've got a question. Does this speed up/down tempo feature (SUPER USEFUL!) work only in Windows version of Kodi?
I had Windows miniPC months ago, and I was super happy with this feature.
But now, I'm trying to use it on Odroid C2 with CoreElec 8.95.x and it seems, that tempo does not work at all.

Can anybody confirm that it works/doesn't work on LibreElec/CoreElec?
If not, what platforms it would works (beside, obviously, Windows version...).
Has anyone figured out how to make this work on a firetv + kodi?
Anyone..?
(2018-11-11, 20:08)raven6679 Wrote: Hi, I've got a question. Does this speed up/down tempo feature (SUPER USEFUL!) work only in Windows version of Kodi?
But now, I'm trying to use it on Odroid C2 with CoreElec 8.95.x and it seems, that tempo does not work at all.

I developed and tested this on Linux X11/Wayland and OSX. I see no reason why it should not work other platforms too, but, as said, I did not test myself.
Well, I didn't work in Odroid @ CoreElec. I binded the keys correctly and after pressing it, it does nothing.
Eventually, I sold my C2, now I'm buying nVidia Shield.
Do you know, if it works on Android Kodi?
(2018-11-14, 19:38)raven6679 Wrote: didn't work in Odroid @ CoreElec
Does not work in LibreELEC either.  Take a working keyboard config and remote on the PC, move both to LibreELEC and it fails.  This feature really needs on-screen controls, not just key mappings.
Can you stop using BOLD text? There's zero reason to do so. You have already been warned about this before so lets say this is the last one.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-11-15, 13:35)Martijn Wrote: Can you stop using BOLD text? There's zero reason to do so.
You are certainly free to disagree with my reasons, but you're just flat out wrong when you claim there is no justification.  In this case, the reason was to make the post stand out because I want to save others from buying hardware that is not correctly supported.  So the post is actually a public service.  A lot of people have been burned here: they made a purchase decision which they regret, and they have a right to speak up.  Also remember it took nearly 12 years to get this feature implemented.  Every time someone becomes aware of the bugs which remain to be fixed, it decreases the chance that the patch will take another  12 years.  So you can scoff and ridicule, or flog me with a wet noodle, but in the end it's still your opinion, and being in a position of relative power does not always make you right.
(2018-11-14, 17:45)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2018-11-11, 20:08)raven6679 Wrote: Hi, I've got a question. Does this speed up/down tempo feature (SUPER USEFUL!) work only in Windows version of Kodi?

I developed and tested this on Linux X11/Wayland and OSX. I see no reason why it should not work other platforms too, but, as said, I did not test myself. 
 Yesterday I bought nVidia Shield, Kodi 18 is already installed and tonight I will be testing this feature.
I will make a comment about it to let others know.
(2018-11-16, 12:53)raven6679 Wrote:
(2018-11-14, 17:45)FernetMenta Wrote:

Yesterday I bought nVidia Shield, Kodi 18 is already installed and tonight I will be testing this feature.
I will make a comment about it to let others know. 
It's working in Android Kodi (nVidia Shield)! Smile
(2018-11-15, 18:06)Av3nged Wrote: Are you using V18 of LibreElec because it was added 2017-07-13 and as far as I remember it worked.

I have two LibreELEC boxes and 4 remotes, none of them work correctly. Did not know this issue was supposed to be fixed in v18. I upgraded both boxes, and now one boots to a black screen while the other behaves exactly the same as on Krypton: the speed control still does not work. What did you see that made you believe its working on Leia? Do you know anything about the working configuration, such as:
  •  Which brand or model of remote control was used
  •  What does the keymap file look like
  •  Which keys on the remote were mapped to the playback speed control
  •  Are there any restrictions or disallowed keys that would be present on the front side of a typical remote
(2018-11-21, 06:19)MB32 Wrote:
  •  Which brand or model of remote control was used
I used the remote that came with my tv and had a custom IR mapping to have the buttons that I wanted.

Quote:
  •  What does the keymap file look like
Something along the lines of:
xml:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<red>PlayerControl(tempodown)</red>
<blue>PlayerControl(tempoup)</blue>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Quote:
  •  Which keys on the remote were mapped to the playback speed control
I used the red and blue buttons because they were not currently being used.

Quote:
  •  Are there any restrictions or disallowed keys that would be present on the front side of a typical remote
I would say as long as the key is not doing anything else it should work.

I will install libreelec onto my test machine and report back my findings this weekend.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11