• 531(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2018-11-09, 10:08)martinconroy Wrote: Hi @mikeSiLVO,

Thanks for your continuous improvements to Live TV. Can I request a tweak to the widget for recently watched channels please?

The list of recent channels at the bottom is brilliant - really useful - but when you mouse over the logo gets stretched. Minor thing, but would be great if it could not do this Smile

As far as I know this should be working as expected. PVR widgets default to square which should keep the aspect ratio. Can you post a copy of your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml so I can take a look? Please be aware of the forum rules.

Thanks.

(2018-11-15, 19:36)M_zidan Wrote: i can't able to update Aeon nox silvo last update gives error with leia beta unable to failed to install from zip file and i have error with movie trailler when i click it kodi freezes and exist my log file https://paste.kodi.tv/cahinezone
(2018-11-15, 20:37)brazen1 Wrote: It has failed to update for the last 3 for me too. (since 1st usage and install of this skin it's never auto updated for me) Delete the existing one in the addons folder and unzip the new one to replace it. You will find the new zip that fails to install in addons/packages. I think it fails because it doesn't delete or at least change the name for the new version to replace the old version with the same name.

Thank you Mike Silvo for fixing status in those views I mentioned earlier. Makes things much easier now.

There seems to be an issue for Windows where certain anti-virus, or whatever programs, lock access to the skin folder during updates and therefore cause said update to fail. I cannot do anything about that unless a Kodi Dev can verify/suggest anything I can change in the skin to prevent this from happening. The only info I can find about it is HERE and HERE.
Although other add-ons in KODI update automatically, I will turn off AV and VPN to see if this skin will update next time and report result here.  Fwiw, I don't mind manually installing.  It takes all of 30 secs to do.  At least KODI notifies there is one.  I'm just thankful you continue to update and provide us a great skin that works with v.18 especially for external player users.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hi,

Appologies in case this issue has been discussed by anyone already but its a very long thread. I just jumped from LibreElec over to CoreElec which uses Kodi 18 Leia Beta 5. Everything was smooth with the exception of one issue i am having. Some of my menu items used skin shortcuts such as Anime which directed that menu item to my Anime Video Library folder. Since the switch to this latest Kodi version these types of links are broken. I enter my Anime menu and instead of taking me to my Anime series folder with the appropriate TV show view setup i see a screen with skin shortcuts where there are 2 of each type of shortcuts i created. When i press on either Anime in this list i go to the view and folder where i should land if i pressed on my Anime menu from the main menu. The same thing happens with all of my skin shortcut created menus as can be seen with my custom Movie shortcut etc. 

I have tried to delete all shortcuts and create new ones, also removed the skin shortcut add-on and reinstalled and recreated the shortcuts but each time i get the same error. This is highly annoying. I have not found any mention of this behaviour online so far but i cannot believe that it is only me who has encountered this.

In the below pics you see how it works now but it should work (as it did in the past) with me pressing the menu in pic 1 and then landing on the view in pic 3 without the step that now comes up in pic2.

Any idea what is causing this or how i can work around this issue?

Thanks in Advance

@CaptainHero

Here's what I did to workaround this bug/issue:

1) You have a Playlists folder in the userdata folder
2) When you created those sources skinshortcuts created an .xsp file for the source in the userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts folder. Mine was named 1.xsp yours could be something else. Open it/yours with your favorite text editor and IF the path to the source is correct for your desired menu option that's the file you want to use. Lets just say for example it was named as mine is, 1.xsp.
3) Copy that file to userdata\playlists\video folder. You can rename it if you want just remember the name of it.
4) Now start Kodi again and open the skin settings menu customizer and create/edit the desired menu item.
a. Choose Item for Menu - Select the "Video Library then "Playlist" (NOT PLAYLISTS) and it displays your .xsp file! Select it now.
b. Select "Display" When asked what to do with the playlist and you're pretty much done. You may need to sort the list once you've opened your new menu item using the sort options on the side blade menu.

I don't know why things changed but I know they changed around V.18 nightlies approximately in March this year. I also don't know that this is an acceptable workaround but it's been working great for me since then.
Thanks for the tip. funnily enough i basically did the exact same workaround myself. I realized that basically the skin shortcuts are nothing more then playlists so i thought i'd try to delete the ones the skin created and created manually ones myself and pointed the menu towards them in the settings and this worked exactly as i hoped and as you also described.
Hello,

I just made a fresh install of KODI 18 Beta 5 with AEON NOX 5: SiLVO skin. All works perfectly, but one major thing.

When trying to download subtitles Kodi downloads them, but doesn't put them next to video / or in video folder. It puts them in KODI folder instead ( Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.bsplayer\temp ) and does not change the sub file name as the video file name. Yes, the check is marked to put subtitles next to video.
When file is stopped and played again no subs are shown and have to be downloaded again, and again - after every playback stop.

Is there something I am not doing correctly? Assistance would be much appreciated.

I am coming form Kodi 15 Isengard with AEON NOX 5 and did not have such problems.

Thank you in advance for the support.

P.S. Problem found.
When "Play next video automaticaly" is activated, the subs are not downloaded in the video folder and with the name of the video file.
Disableling that function fixes the bug.
Hi @mikeSiLVO
Hoping you might be able to give some guidance/advice on something.
I just discovered quite by accident a couple of days ago that pressing the '0' key on the keyboard/remote control keypad while watching Live TV will swap channels between the current channel and the previous one you were watching. It's a feature I quite like and was wanting to create a button on my live TV OSD that would replicate this same key press function, but I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to establish if this is even possible?

Think I've read in the past that you don't have/use the PVR section, so maybe you won't be able to assist, but on the other hand you may know how to map a key press function to a 'Onclick' function on a button?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Arabic subtitle flag went to Argentina flag in the last lia update
I'm starting fresh with Leia Beta 5 - and wondered if there is a way I can transfer my aeon nox silvo settings from 17.6? Anyone know if this is possible - tried copying aeon shortcuts folder and it didnt work. At present i have bothe spmc 17.6 and kodi leia 5 on my shield. Thanks
you can do this with the "skin helper service skin backup" - what a name
Hi, apologies if this has been asked but I can't find it via a search of the thread.

In Shift view, I see the audio/video/aspect ratio flags appear to be below the name/year/rating/time of movies. As far as I can recall, this is a relatively recent change, as they used to be to the right of that info, rather than below. 

The problem is that now there's very little room to actually see the background fanart for each movie, because there's now that extra line of A/V/aspect flags below the name.

Is there any way to revert to having all the flags on one "line", and move everything lower, so that there's a little more of the background fanart showing?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
@mikeSiLVO 
A few more FR:
1. Add Plot/Description/Episodename for Recordings like in Movies, TVShows
add PVR.IsPlayingRecording to line 116 in DialogFullscreenInfo.xml

2. Add Thumbnail for Youtube videos
you can have a look at the changes here: https://pastebin.com/0atgZ4Zh

3. Rename "EPG" to "Guide" in the sideblade menu
Everywhere else it is "Guide", not "EPG" - should be consistent

4. move "Actions" in Live-TV sideblade menu upwards, so you don't have to go over all the other entries like channelgroup, View, ...
--> Guide (EPG), Recordings, Timer, ... should be on the top
How about putting it on the top in a icon-row, like the player-controls if something is playing

5. Add more info (Time, etc.) about Timeshifting (already requested)

6. Add "Gameflix" support
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332708
in Kodi 18 Retroplayer is ready and there are many different views for Movies/TVShows. I think GameFlix should be added for games Wink

6. Add "NextUp" for LiveTV, like this:
https://github.com/Guilouz/repository.gu...NextUp.xml

Like always, these are FR to improve the skin from my point of view Cool
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hey Solo, i love your mod!
Can you make this also for Aeon Madnox?
At least the pvr mod?

Mike update it for Kodi 18.
https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeo.../tree/leia

Thanks!
(2018-11-21, 13:29)Dumyat Wrote: Hi @mikeSiLVO
Hoping you might be able to give some guidance/advice on something.
I just discovered quite by accident a couple of days ago that pressing the '0' key on the keyboard/remote control keypad while watching Live TV will swap channels between the current channel and the previous one you were watching. It's a feature I quite like and was wanting to create a button on my live TV OSD that would replicate this same key press function, but I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to establish if this is even possible?

Think I've read in the past that you don't have/use the PVR section, so maybe you won't be able to assist, but on the other hand you may know how to map a key press function to a 'Onclick' function on a button?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers

I cannot test this but setting the onclick to Number0 should work.

(2018-11-21, 18:01)M_zidan Wrote: Arabic subtitle flag went to Argentina flag in the last lia update

I have not changed anything in regards to this. Do you know the correct code for Argentina?

(2018-11-23, 21:26)canadave Wrote: Hi, apologies if this has been asked but I can't find it via a search of the thread.

In Shift view, I see the audio/video/aspect ratio flags appear to be below the name/year/rating/time of movies. As far as I can recall, this is a relatively recent change, as they used to be to the right of that info, rather than below.

The problem is that now there's very little room to actually see the background fanart for each movie, because there's now that extra line of A/V/aspect flags below the name.

Is there any way to revert to having all the flags on one "line", and move everything lower, so that there's a little more of the background fanart showing?

It's only 45 pixels... I can shrink the current size to accommodate but 45 pixels seemed like a decent compromise to me. I changed it to have parity between views.

-------------------------------

@Solo0815 Will look into it when I have the chance but perhaps where it says Guide I should change to EPG instead of vice versa. Also GameFlix is better left as a mod ATM but I will add support for games when Kodi has a Game library.
(2018-11-26, 08:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote: It's only 45 pixels... I can shrink the current size to accommodate but 45 pixels seemed like a decent compromise to me. I changed it to have parity between views.
I see. I don't know...it just looks a little off to me as well, alignment-wise. Like, for instance, when browsing through TV shows in Shift view, the top and bottom of the text on the left (the title and number of episodes) is not aligned at all with the top and bottom of the elements on the right (the studio and TV rating). To my eye, it would look better if the items on the left were "brought down" (along with the TV show poster art row) to be aligned top/bottom with the studio and TV rating (i.e. the height of the TV rating equals the height of the TV show title and episode count text combined); but I fully understand that's your aesthetic choice to make, not mine Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
  • 531(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55