Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic ratings?
(2018-02-17, 04:42)Edworld Wrote:
(2018-02-17, 04:37)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 20:25)olympia Wrote: Is any ListItem.Rating() working outside of the info dialog? I think some skins can display default rating outside, so there must be some ListItem thingy there. So not having the possibility for all ratings might be a missing feature.

I tested ListItem.Ratings() with "metacritic", "rottentomatoes", "themoviedb", and "imdb"
ListItem.Ratings(imdb) worked correctly both inside and outside info dialog.
All of the rest only worked inside the info dialog. Oddly, outside the info dialog they display "0.0" rather than simply an empty string. 
Rotten tomatoes, where you able to scrape audience score? does it show up 80% or 8.0?

Oops actually no, I wasn't able to get rottentomatoes at all through UMS. Looking at the db files, the ones being recorded in the ratings tag are tvdb, imdb, metacritic, and themoviedb.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
It will scrape RT ratings, but because of a bug introduced in Kodi core with the new addon settings, omdb api key needs to be added on the plot tab selecting RT consensus as plot outline.
Will figure out and push some workaround for this soon (I was hoping the bug will be addressed earlier on the core side, but...)

Edit: this should only be an issue on Leia. I think you are trying using Krypton? There should be no issue with RT rates scraping, given you entered you omdb api key in settings.
(2018-02-17, 21:52)olympia Wrote: It will scrape RT ratings, but because of a bug introduced in Kodi core with the new addon settings, omdb api key needs to be added on the plot tab selecting RT consensus as plot outline.
Will figure out and push some workaround for this soon (I was hoping the bug will be addressed earlier on the core side, but...)

Edit: this should only be an issue on Leia. I think you are trying using Krypton? There should be no issue with RT rates scraping, given you entered you omdb api key in settings.

Yes I'm on Krypton 17.6. Yes my omdb api key is set correctly. No I'm not getting RT. I just refreshed info for a movie and checked with my DB viewer to confirm. Only have imdb, metacritic, themoviedb ratings stored.

Jurialmunkey,

i hvent had success scraping RT, but just read Olympia's post on how to enter the omdb key through the plot tab.

BTW it is definetely good news that all the RT ratings are available again, we just need Marcel to come back and update skinhelper.
Nop.....info for json are same as before. [b]olympia[/b] in his UMS use xml, there is full info in OMDB api-
jurialmunkey I see different name for Krypton version ratings in your db.Here is mine for Leia,and same like you (all rating ) only work in DialogVideoInfo (Kodi limitation).

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2018-02-18, 02:22)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

i hvent had success scraping RT, but just read Olympia's post on how to enter the omdb key through the plot tab.

BTW it is definetely good news that all the RT ratings are available again, we just need Marcel to come back and update skinhelper.
This workaround is not needed on Krypton what jurialmunkey uses.@jurialmunkey are you setting the scrapers settings on the source or in addon manager?
I just pushed a scraper update yesterday working around the settings issue, but this unfortunately means you need to set omdb api key on both places (plot and ratings) separately if you want both to be fetched from RT. 

Btw guys, hammering the online data providers regularly for updating rates in my eyes is a non-fair, non-graceful use and some unnecessary burden on Kodi as well.
I set the settings in the addon manager.
(2018-02-18, 11:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: I set the settings in the addon manager.
 So set it on the source, because the addon manager you only amend the default settings what will be used when you create a new source, but adjusting setting there has no impact on already existing sources.
(2018-02-18, 11:15)olympia Wrote: Btw guys, hammering the online data providers regularly for updating rates in my eyes is a non-fair, non-graceful use and some unnecessary burden on Kodi as well.
If you are referring to skin helper, it doesn't work how you are suggesting. Skin helper caches all the ratings etc with simplecache and doesn't update them until a decent amount of time has passed (from memory I think it is 7 days). It also places a time delay on retrieving the ratings. Marcelveldt was in contact with the omdbapi creator and was actively working with him to ensure that skin helper wasn't placing unnecessary strain on omdb.

That being said, I would love a scraper solution which works outside of the info dialog.

(2018-02-18, 11:31)olympia Wrote:
(2018-02-18, 11:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: I set the settings in the addon manager.
 So set it on the source, because the addon manager you only amend the default settings what will be used when you create a new source, but adjusting setting there has no impact on already existing sources.

Ah, I had already set to download the ratings for each source, but didnt realise I needed to set the API key on each source individually also. Working now. Getting all four ratings - tomatometerallaudience, tomatometerallcritics, tomatometeravgaudience, and tomatometeravgcritics.
(2018-02-18, 13:25)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-02-18, 11:15)olympia Wrote: Btw guys, hammering the online data providers regularly for updating rates in my eyes is a non-fair, non-graceful use and some unnecessary burden on Kodi as well.
If you are referring to skin helper, it doesn't work how you are suggesting. Skin helper caches all the ratings etc with simplecache and doesn't update them until a decent amount of time has passed (from memory I think it is 7 days). It also places a time delay on retrieving the ratings. Marcelveldt was in contact with the omdbapi creator and was actively working with him to ensure that skin helper wasn't placing unnecessary strain on omdb.
I didn't mean to offend anyone with this, but imagine, if such service was default and millions of Kodi users would re-scrape their ratings for ALL their movies quite unnecessarily in every 7 days, then this would create a constant burden on the providers for very little gain. They would need to increase bandwidth and upscale their infrastructure. I appreciate this is not a default service, but this still, this is exactly what we need to keep in mind when designing solutions. We shouldn't pollute and creating waste. I mean it's a universal "green" comment, but to me the above approach is creating waste.
@olympia - No offence taken. Afaik, skin helper only downloads the ratings for the focused item - it isn't a scraper that scans your library, it is a service which looks up the current item. Also that is why you need to get a personal api key.

I get where you are coming from. However, I think it is far better that a conscientious developer (such as marcelveldt) is developing this rather than leaving it up to more dodgy plugin developers that will not put the same considerations into place. Having one central service that retrieves dynamic meta data is much more manageable (and consistent) than a different implementation for each plugin.

The fact is that content delivery is moving towards a mixture of local/static and remote/dynamic content, so new approaches are needed to retrieve the rich meta data that essentially separates a media centre from a file browser. In Leia there is now Netflix and Prime support. I personally use plugins for many of my country's catchup TV services. A standard scraper isn't going to cut it for these plugins because the content changes all the time.
Reading along in this thread and I think I've figured out some things but still a little stuck on a couple details.

First, I'm trying to re-recreate what skinhelper used to do by having the Rotten Tomatoes scores show as a % and to have the icons reflective of that %. Which scores should I be using, the total or average?

I believe I can use integers in a visible to get the icons to change so will experiment some more.

Also, is there an add-on that can re-scan your entire library and update all the RT and MC socres automatically? Not something that does multiple pulls frequently just a on-time update that can then have the scores exported to .nfos?

Thanks!
@jurialmunkey
@olympia

Any update for leia on allowing listitem.ratings for RT and metacritic to display outside of the info dialog?

Thanks
(2019-01-28, 16:04)the_bo Wrote: @jurialmunkey
@olympia

Any update for leia on allowing listitem.ratings for RT and metacritic to display outside of the info dialog?

Thanks
Not that I've heard
(2019-01-28, 22:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: Any update for leia on allowing listitem.ratings for RT and metacritic to display outside of the info dialog?

Thanks

Too bad. It would be a great feature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic ratings?0