• 548(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-02-16, 19:21)VectorZ Wrote: Hi. Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this. It is appreciated greatly.

Im running Leia 18.0.1 on a Shield and Ive just updated from your Git branch so I can have the video OSD at the top. Now though when I press OK to bring up the controls there is a very slight stutter in playback which Im sure wasnt there before.

It is consistent across all files ive tried and doesnt matter which position I set for the OSD.

Its no biggy but wondered if anybody else had noticed it?

I tried this on default skin but it doesn't stutter, only does it on Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO when a video is playing and you press OK to bring up the video OSD control.

Heres a clip to show it happening 
I've been away from Kodi for awhile but I've always used Aeon skins. I'm using Silvo now. Can someone explain to me how to get the rolling discs to show the disc art? I have the disc artwork in the movie folders but can'y find the setting in the skin to allow it. Thank you for any help.
(2019-02-19, 20:42)VectorZ Wrote: I tried this on default skin but it doesn't stutter, only does it on Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO when a video is playing and you press OK to bring up the video OSD control.

Do you have time to test swapping a file to see if it fixes the stutter?

Test file
(2019-02-19, 13:52)ribtin Wrote: Ok, I've tried to take a screenshot many times now. Here is the debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ahokakixun.kodi

All I get is this blank png, which only feature the subtitles and menu graphics (which I don't actually want to have in the screenshot anyway:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuex64bfn3wlmb...9.png?dl=0

Does the same thing happen if you use keyboard CNTRL + S?

I don't see any issues in the log.

(2019-02-19, 17:48)bluemartian Wrote: I'm running v6.1.8 on Leia v18.1. Something I've noticed on a couple of the views...

On TriPanel, the sideblade settings for the view have an option for Layout -- Default or Alternate. But I don't see any difference between the two. The view remains the same whichever one is selected.

On LowList, the sideblade settings for this view have a toggle option for Smaller List. Again, I don't see any difference whether this setting is on or off.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Everything is working fine here...

(2019-02-19, 18:08)tcerka Wrote: Hi all,
I'm having a problem getting Aeon Nox Silvo v6.1.8 up and running. The settings section with mother board background works good but when I switch to the main menu it is blank, just the top bar above an empty shaded gray bar. When I focus on the main menu the shadow for the submenu pops up but there is no content.

I'm running v18 Leia on a Mac Mini with Sierra v10.12.4. To complicate things I have no internet connection so must install addons from zip files.

You can either connect to internet and make sure you have all dependencies installed or you have to manually download and install them all.

(2019-02-20, 00:13)Stoneside22 Wrote: I've been away from Kodi for awhile but I've always used Aeon skins. I'm using Silvo now. Can someone explain to me how to get the rolling discs to show the disc art? I have the disc artwork in the movie folders but can'y find the setting in the skin to allow it. Thank you for any help.

All settings for views are in the sidemenu. Discart for sets uses Skin Info Service so that must be installed for those to appear. Having the artwork in the folder doesn't help if they are not added to Kodi's artwork DB.

(2019-02-15, 16:31)cyriltra Wrote: Hi Mike,

in your skin, how can I modify the below window for subtitles ? (which file is it)
I would like to:
- make the text smaller
- have the text to automatically scroll if length > label viewport

This way I can quickly check the subtitle extension and full name

Thank you

Turn on skin debug info in Skin setting > Help to see the filenames. Looks like it is DialogSelect.xml.

(2019-02-16, 02:23)awesomeultimate Wrote: Hello everyone,

Quick question, where I can pre-configure settings for the skin?

Now if I updated silvo to the latest one it will override my current settings. Thanks

Updates do not change or delete settings. Sometimes settings may have different names and just need to be re-enabled if I change them.

(2019-02-18, 16:23)Seanj99 Wrote: Hi all,
Have been using this skin for a few years now as the customisations are excellent for my personal needs, could somebody point me in the right xml files for me to lower the widget. Have lowered the main menu to the very bottom of the screen and am after widget 1 to sit just above it. Adding the code in krypton to the includes_widgets folder did the trick and in the betas of leia, but since a full release this code does not get the widget moving. Any help greatly appreciated thanks

Should be the same. Includes_Widgets.xml is where you should change position.

(2019-02-14, 15:48)flhthemi Wrote: Yippie!! Smile Been waiting a long time for this one buddy! Thanks!

That's the secret... Keep bugging me and eventually I'll get annoyed enough to change or add something Wink

Shhhh, lets keep that a secret between us though Tongue

(2019-02-15, 10:47)Element_Hg Wrote: Thank you for the everlasting, awesome support of this mod, really appreciate the time you take to answer every single question and fix everything that is just slightly reported. Also this new feature are awesome!
You are the best mike!!!

You're welcome and thanks Blush Big Grin
You must be right about my process being in error.  I have 2 NVidia Shields running Kodi 18 reacting the exact same way. I typically used Sources as my shortcut. When that gave me the extra folder stop I added the Sources as Smart playlists. That gives me just a ton of back arrows. I then tried shortcutting to Favorites. I don’t remember that result but it did not work either. I even did a fresh install of Kodi and added only Silvo Skin. I then posted for help on an NVidia page on FB. Suggestions were everything I tried. I then found this forum. It’s really weird but not too surprising. I am that one guy that always has a weird issue. As far as being missed on a reply. I don’t know any one person keeps this up to date as much as it is. Thanks for the reply anyway. May just have to go back Kodi 17.6. All my shortcuts work in it regardless of the used method.
Thanks for the reply but adding <animation effect="slide" end="0,87" condition="!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),$LOCALIZE[31994]) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation> to widget 1 is not changing its position in 18.1 using silvo 6.1.8
(2019-02-19, 17:48)bluemartian Wrote: I'm running v6.1.8 on Leia v18.1. Something I've noticed on a couple of the views...

On TriPanel, the sideblade settings for the view have an option for Layout -- Default or Alternate. But I don't see any difference between the two. The view remains the same whichever one is selected.

On LowList, the sideblade settings for this view have a toggle option for Smaller List. Again, I don't see any difference whether this setting is on or off.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

(2019-02-20, 01:35)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Everything is working fine here...  

Here is what I see. BTW, just to be extra sure, I took these screenshots after doing a clean install of Kodi 18.1 and your skin 6.1.8.

LowList - smaller list off:

LowList - smaller list on:

TriPanel - default layout:

TriPanel - alternate layout:

As you can see, there is no change in either case.

Thanks for your screenshots. They are the first time I've seen what the different views are supposed to be. I've installed this skin quite a few times on different platforms (linux, windows, android tv/nvidia shield, raspberry pi)...those two options on those two views have never worked for me.

I do notice in your screenshots that you are viewing video-related material and I'm viewing music. Could that make a difference? I don't have any video content in my library, as I use Kodi for music only.

Anyway, I'm still a huge fan of this skin. I've tried every skin I can lay my hands on, and keep coming back to yours. Clean and minimal. Great work.
(2019-02-20, 01:35)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 13:52)ribtin Wrote: Ok, I've tried to take a screenshot many times now. Here is the debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ahokakixun.kodi

All I get is this blank png, which only feature the subtitles and menu graphics (which I don't actually want to have in the screenshot anyway:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuex64bfn3wlmb...9.png?dl=0

Does the same thing happen if you use keyboard CNTRL + S?

I don't see any issues in the log. 
 Yep, just tried CTRL+S and same thing happened.
(2019-02-20, 02:26)Seanj99 Wrote: Thanks for the reply but adding <animation effect="slide" end="0,87" condition="!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),$LOCALIZE[31994]) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation> to widget 1 is not changing its position in 18.1 using silvo 6.1.8

There is no skin setting named "lowermainmenu" anymore. It is centermainmenu cause lower menu is now default.
So changing:
xml:
Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)
to
xml:
!Skin.HasSetting(centermainmenu)
should work.
(2019-02-20, 02:35)bluemartian Wrote: Here is what I see. BTW, just to be extra sure, I took these screenshots after doing a clean install of Kodi 18.1 and your skin 6.1.8.

LowList - smaller list off:

LowList - smaller list on:

TriPanel - default layout:

TriPanel - alternate layout:

As you can see, there is no change in either case.

Thanks for your screenshots. They are the first time I've seen what the different views are supposed to be. I've installed this skin quite a few times on different platforms (linux, windows, android tv/nvidia shield, raspberry pi)...those two options on those two views have never worked for me.

I do notice in your screenshots that you are viewing video-related material and I'm viewing music. Could that make a difference? I don't have any video content in my library, as I use Kodi for music only.

Anyway, I'm still a huge fan of this skin. I've tried every skin I can lay my hands on, and keep coming back to yours. Clean and minimal. Great work.

Yes music makes a difference. Their is no different size lowlist for music and alternate layout in tripanel was never implemented. I will fix the buttons showing when not supposed to...

You can thank @BigNoid for the skin design. He is the mastermind behind it Wink

(2019-02-20, 02:37)ribtin Wrote: Yep, just tried CTRL+S and same thing happened.

Then that is Kodi issue. Is the content DRM protected or something? I have no idea why a screenshot wouldn't display what your watching...
(2019-02-20, 00:21)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 20:42)VectorZ Wrote: I tried this on default skin but it doesn't stutter, only does it on Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO when a video is playing and you press OK to bring up the video OSD control.

Do you have time to test swapping a file to see if it fixes the stutter?

Test file 
 hi. i swapped this with the original in the 16x9 folder and restarted but it didn't make any difference.it still stutters slightly.
(2019-02-20, 02:47)VectorZ Wrote:  hi. i swapped this with the original in the 16x9 folder and restarted but it didn't make any difference.it still stutters slightly.

Can you post a debug log (wiki)?

Please restart after enabling debugging so you have a fresh log and just play any video where this occurs, exit Kodi or use Kodi Log Uploader, then paste link to the log here.
Brilliant mikeSILVO, thank you very much as will try that when done at work🤞
(2019-02-20, 02:37)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 02:26)Seanj99 Wrote: Thanks for the reply but adding <animation effect="slide" end="0,87" condition="!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),$LOCALIZE[31994]) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation> to widget 1 is not changing its position in 18.1 using silvo 6.1.8

There is no skin setting named "lowermainmenu" anymore. It is centermainmenu cause lower menu is now default.
So changing:
xml:
Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)
to
xml:
!Skin.HasSetting(centermainmenu)
should work.

Thankyou kindly sir, worked a treat👌
@VectorZ

I have removed your posts. I explained why here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2825396

Please abide by our Forum Rules.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 548(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55