• 8(current)
Deprecated Weatherbit.io
i haven't been able to reproduce the settings issue, still clueless on what could be the cause.

weatherbit.io v0.0.14 is available in the repo for kodi 18.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for all the trouble. I will try it on Leia, Win10 now. Cannot at the moment as I am unable to sign up in Weatherbit site. Mailed their support.
(2019-02-15, 11:48)ronie Wrote: weatherbit.io v0.0.14 is available in the repo for kodi 18.

Hi, @ronie , just installed it now (Win 10). It is working all right. Didn't test maps yet. Which skin should I use to get the maps? Mine just show a row with current data, a row with 16 daily forecasts and a row with hourly forecasts.

I found the same bug that exists on OpenWeatherMap Extended: we cannot look for cities with diacritics (á, é, ü etc.). The script actually converts Unicode strings typed to plain ASCII characters, removing all diacritics (a, e, u etc.). It should be ok, if the sites stored the cities names that way. But it is not true. For example, my city, Vitória, in Brazil is stored with "ó" in weather site's database (actually, there are 5 cities/places named Vitória, country Brazil there). But, if I type "Vitória", the scripts converts and searches for "Vitoria" (no diacritics). Well, there a 3 cities/places named "Vitoria", country Brazil in database. And those are different places than the other first five.

If I look for "Vitória", I get:

After patching it:
thanx for the report!

the coversion happens here:
python:
unicodedata.normalize('NFKD', unicode(locstr, 'utf-8')).encode('ascii','ignore')
i can remove this normalization if it's not needed.
is that what you changed at your end, or did you patch something else?

the estuary skin will show the weather maps, if you scroll down from the hourly forecasts.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well, I know you probably get a lot of bug correction/feature requests, so I will try to help you.

For the above issue, I just sent you a Merge Request to your project in GitLab. I've tested with Brazilians cities and they are all right. But I did not use other languages with different characters (not sure what would happen with Greek, Russian, Japanese names, for example.

I think it's the same problem found in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2813188 and the search for 'Ísafjörður'. As you can see below, the site does not accept indistinctively with ou without diacritics. What happens with the city (the same with Brazilian São Paulo) is that there are two records of two different places with one name each (Ísafjörður and Isafjoerdur). For those cities, openweathermap.org uses the same ID (3415667), so both are OK. For Vitória/Vitoria, they are two totally different places (IDs 3445026 and 3662761).

Ísafjörður (IS) - lat/lon:66.0727/-23.1194
Isafjoerdur (IS) - lat/lon:66.0755/-23.1241
great, thanx for the PR!
much appreciated :-)
(2019-03-01, 02:04)ronie Wrote: the coversion happens here:
unicodedata.normalize('NFKD', unicode(locstr, 'utf-8')).encode('ascii','ignore')
i can remove this normalization if it's not needed.
is that what you changed at your end, or did you patch something else?
Yes. Just removed that line and used the original loc variable.
(2019-03-01, 02:04)ronie Wrote: the estuary skin will show the weather maps, if you scroll down from the hourly forecasts.
I found it, after trying a lot Big Grin Thanks.
(2019-03-01, 02:51)ronie Wrote: great, thanx for the PR!

You're welcome. I really appreciate your work. If needed I'll try to help more.

The biggest problem with the PR was to discover that Pull Request is actually Merge Request in GitLab, and should be done from the destination project instead. But that's what help pages and Google are for!
Having same issue, Location1deg is not written into settings.xml. Have to enter it manually
Don't understand what's so difficult to write this data into settings.xml, because info is available (showing it in location menu)

But anyway, great thanks for your work @ronie
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
I apologize in advance if I'm hijacking this thread.  Didn't know where else to put this.  I'm having some trouble getting the OpenWeatherMap maps to display.  I have both the Weatherbit and OpenWeatherMap API keys inserted correctly, but when I go to view the maps, all I get are blank, black boxes.  All the other weather data is displaying like it's supposed to.  Just the maps aren't downloading.

Thanks for any help.  Smile
Sorry... forgot the log.

ulocibuqof.kodi (paste)
it crashes in one of the python modules shipped with kodi.
perhaps you could give kodi 18.1 a shot...
Hmmm... still no go.  Sad

ezadominac.kodi (paste)

I'm seeing this error:

"ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed"

Could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks again.
pretty sure this applies to your setup: https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...ed_add-ons
and it's not unlikely it's the cause of the issue you're experiencing.
I don't think it's any other add-ons that are causing yours to malfunction.  It's pretty obvious there are plenty of folks having trouble getting the maps to load.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weatherbit.io0