• 4(current)
v18 Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
(2019-03-10, 08:18)astlouis44 Wrote: Hey Rufoo so just following up about DigiPlay, the browser-based gaming service I'm developing. I was wondering if you could help me make a forked native version of Kodi that launches from the splash screen straight to the games launcher. We'll be adding our custom thumbnails for our games, as well as our logo. There's also an old Citris skin I really liked, that maybe you could do a redesign for in Lyrebird. Then once it's built, we'll port it over to the web using wasm/WebGL to act as our games GUI. We're on a mission to bring a new era of games to the web, which will be showcased by this revolutionary new GUI (thanks to your work!)
 Hey bud, I accidently killed the window which had our chat on Discord. As I was just using the token you'd set as an invite I can't get back in, but as said before, I solely used it to chat to you so I have no need to return there on a permanent basis. I can lend more of a hand to your project after I move towards 1.0 of Lyrebird. I need to get this badboy out properly before the month is out. I like what you're doing and can be of more aid once Lyrebird is ready to go properly. Once things are being tidied up, afterwards I can create a fork of the skin and tailor it a bit more to your needs.

Ha! Funny you mentioned Citris, you do know that was me as well? It was supposed to be a successor to Cirrus Extended but Cirrus came with too much baggage in the end and I stopped working on it. The process stopped being fun. Sad

Also, I tried to PM you on the forum here but it claims you have that function disabled. Might make it easier to exchange thoughts and ideas that way if you can get it going.
It's an absolutely great looking skin with cool options! I like it!
(2019-03-12, 09:34)beatmasterrs Wrote: It's an absolutely great looking skin with cool options! I like it!
 Thanks for the kind words and the upvote. Smile

Hope you continue to enjoy.
Preparations for 0.90 are going well and was blessed with a bit of extra time, so ANOTHER view will be joining the upcoming release. The view is Keibertz, the name is derived from the original designer who created the initial view as a forgotten MOD for Cirrus Extended. I picked it up and massively enhanced it for the defunct Citris skin and have now ported that across to Lyrebird. Shame to let such a treasure go to waste. Here is a preview shot of it with the box shape set for PSP Slim cases.

This is the ABSOLUTE LAST view to be added before going live with 0.90 which can be expected somepoint between now and next weekend. Once 0.90 is released, the focus will be on addressing all bugs and fixes over the following days to advance it to 1.0 and go live on the Kodi repo! No more new views until after 1.0 is done. But with 6 new views to play with (Arcade, Rightlist, Steam Thumbs, Sauna, Varia, and Keibertz) across Media and Games, plus the default Mimic views, there should be plenty to keep people occupied! 0.90 will also be the first version that completely does away with the traditional Mimic page header / top bar as the Cirrus style one now operates skin wide.

Watch this space. Big Grin
First of all, thanks for continuing Mimic as Lyrebird. Really liking what you've done so far!

I've got one bug to report, and a suggestion for a feature/fix.

First, the bug report: The new gaming views need to be added to the "Configure Views" panel so they can be turned on or off. At the moment, only the original mimic views are listed.

Second, the suggested feature/fix: I'm in Australia, and like to use the Australian ratings classification symbols. They're in the mimic textures, but don't seem to display until I modified variables.xml. I had to add some lines of code in two places in variables.xml

variables.xml, replace line 365 with these five lines.
Code:
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,Australia:G)">flags/mpaa/australia_G.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,Australia:MA)">flags/mpaa/australia_MA.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,Australia:M)">flags/mpaa/australia_M.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,Australia:PG)">flags/mpaa/australia_PG.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,Australia:R)">flags/mpaa/australia_R.png</value>

variables.xml, add these five lines above line 406.
Code:
<value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Australia:G)">flags/mpaa/australia_G.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Australia:MA)">flags/mpaa/australia_MA.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Australia:M)">flags/mpaa/australia_M.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Australia:PG)">flags/mpaa/australia_PG.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Australia:R)">flags/mpaa/australia_R.png</value>

I hope I've helped with the bug report, and give consideration to my request.

Thanks again for the skin, and thanks for your time!

~Jondar
@Jondar 

Thanks for that. I'll incorporate that into Lyrebird for 0.90. I'm in Australia too, so you've made my job easier. Smile

And yeah, the views aren't in the view selector menu in the currently downloadable version but this is fixed in the upcoming 0.90. Keep any bug reports coming where and when you find them and I'll do my best to stamp them out promptly.

Havagoodweekend. Big Grin
Hey Rufoo, 

This is my favorite design out of all the ones you've done, so the redesign I'd like to be inspired by it. Especially love the gameplay picture that occupies the entire background, but one improvement I have in mind is for the image to actually be a short gameplay video, that gives displays a game preview for each title when selected. Our games will be laid out horizontally though, with the wide case views like the Steam Thumbnails. And yeah sorry I will enable messaging so that we can PM each other! Smile

(2019-03-15, 23:58)astlouis44 Wrote: Hey Rufoo, 

This is my favorite design out of all the ones you've done, so the redesign I'd like to be inspired by it. Especially love the gameplay picture that occupies the entire background, but one improvement I have in mind is for the image to actually be a short gameplay video, that gives displays a game preview for each title when selected. Our games will be laid out horizontally though, with the wide case views like the Steam Thumbnails. And yeah sorry I will enable messaging so that we can PM each other! Smile

Hehehe! Well, I got some bad news for you. That view isn't one of mine. Wink

I remember seeing from way back. Think it's a view somebody made for Nox. Dunno who the original author is.
Lol we're in luck! I found the original thread, the view is called GamesFlix (fitting) and the author is UsefulG! Here's a link to that thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234477
is there a way to save views per platform eg: n64- wide view, megadrive- poster
(2019-03-19, 09:04)kpop Wrote: is there a way to save views per platform eg: n64- wide view, megadrive- poster
 No. The view like Arcade is a prototype in the currently available build. I'm currently tinkering with views that automatically adapt to the system type, the ability to specify shapes will simply be a fixed override. So the views will automatically guess the correct shape based on the system type. You'll have to wait for the next build.
Hi Rufoo,
Thanks a lot for your work!
I upgraded from Krypton+Mimic, ended up using Lyrebird. Had some glitches, so I reset menu items to default. Can you please help me how to add/remove main menu items? I'm OK with editing configuration files.
Thank you
Nevermind I figured out, edited .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/mainmenu.DATA.xml
(2019-03-19, 11:43)Rufoo Wrote:
(2019-03-19, 09:04)kpop Wrote: is there a way to save views per platform eg: n64- wide view, megadrive- poster
 No. The view like Arcade is a prototype in the currently available build. I'm currently tinkering with views that automatically adapt to the system type, the ability to specify shapes will simply be a fixed override. So the views will automatically guess the correct shape based on the system type. You'll have to wait for the next build. 
how skin options was handled in cirus/citrus was good. iirc. ill have to mess around with 0.9 and list bugs/requests once its out. and make compares to Cirus/Citrus as needed.
Hi Rufoo,
I want to first say thank you for this wonderful mod and all the work you have done so far to keep everything up to date. I was hoping to ask you 2 questions.

1.) You said you will be going Live soon with Lyrebird 0.90. Are you still planning on doing that by this weekend sometime and will it be in the Official Kodi Skins? Also, how long roughly do you think it'll go to a 1.0 Version after you work out any bugs?

2.) Not sure if you could help with this question, but since your skin has such great game Views I thought I'd ask. I'm using Kodi 18.1 on an Amazon Fire TV Cube and my roms I'm going to be using are on a Hard Drive which is attached to my Asus Router. What exactly do I need to install for Addons within Kodi to get them up and running and look like the screens with your Lyrebird Skin?

Thanks again for everything!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)2