• 34(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
That’s brilliant. I only use the More Info option on my watchlist to help me identify movies without artwork when I’m in Icons mode, but from looking at your screen shots it looks like that’ll be sorted anyway as the Icons have the movie name under them. I think I’d like that on all my views but just out of curiosity will that be an option that can be toggled?
ALPHA RELEASE

Pleased to announce the Alpha release of Arctic Zephyr 2

See the first post of this thread for details
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339791
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Been messing around with the alpha and it's just perfect. Just curious if there is a way to make it so the skin auto selects the first item of a widget like az so there is the info and background showing while on the vertical view?
(2019-03-17, 06:29)Skittles9823 Wrote: Been messing around with the alpha and it's just perfect. Just curious if there is a way to make it so the skin auto selects the first item of a widget like az so there is the info and background showing while on the vertical view?

Big Grin

Not yet, but I'm working on it. The multiple widget setup makes things a bit more complex. Each widget has a different ID (versus simple home where the widget has a single ID), so I need to figure out a simple way to get the ID of the first widget in the list.
(2019-03-17, 07:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: Big Grin

Not yet, but I'm working on it. The multiple widget setup makes things a bit more complex. Each widget has a different ID (versus simple home where the widget has a single ID), so I need to figure out a simple way to get the ID of the first widget in the list.

I see. Yea that'd be a bit tricky then. Well I dunno whether to assume you know everything that's unthemed or not but the only thing I've seen that's not themed so far is the LibreELEC Configuration add-on. It was slightly themed in the AZ1 Leia builds on GitHub so I guess it'll be themed again here?

Now I have a hands on with the theme I'll try to come back to this thread with more ideas and what not. I'm hyped to see what'll come Big Grin
(2019-03-17, 07:22)Skittles9823 Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 07:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: Big Grin

I see. Yea that'd be a bit tricky then. Well I dunno whether to assume you know everything that's unthemed or not but the only thing I've seen that's not themed so far is the LibreELEC Configuration add-on. It was slightly themed in the AZ1 Leia builds on GitHub so I guess it'll be themed again here?

Now I have a hands on with the theme I'll try to come back to this thread with more ideas and what not. I'm hyped to see what'll come Big Grin
Yes, please report anything that isn't skinned if it isn't mentioned on the first page - i.e. I already know about globalsearch, nextaired and nextup.

The LibreELEC configuration is a nightmare to skin and I'm pretty keen to avoid it altogether. Rather than using template controls, the dialog has an individual control for every button, setting, and piece of text. It means having to individually define nearly everything in the dialog, plus if there are any changes to it in the future then it needs to be re-skinned! From a skinning perspective, it is surprisingly poorly designed.
I could ramble on all day about just how glorious this skin is. It's beautifully elegant in its design and use, well done man, well done.

I seem to have tracked down a small bug surrounding the miscellaneous option to "play a startup video or music playlist" option. Regardless of what type of file, stored locally or on the network - if I have anything loaded into this, on the next start of Kodi using this skin, kodi crashes.

I've had to delete the skin from the addons folder to go back to default, and reload it to troubleshoot, but with debugging on and replicating the above option, the last thing the log sees before kodi dissappearing is the below: Hopefully it means more to you, than me. OS is Windows 10, Kodi build 18.1 x64. Can test on nVidia shields also if need be. 
Quote:2019-03-17 15:54:16.552 T:19468   DEBUG: CIRServerSuite::Connect: connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ...
2019-03-17 15:54:20.450 T:19468   DEBUG: CIRServerSuite::Connect: failed to connect
2019-03-17 15:54:20.450 T:19468    INFO: CIRServerSuite:Tonguerocess: failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds
Can provide a full debug log if needed.

Thanks again for sharing your talent - all of your skins have a permanent place amongst my Media Centres.
OK am I missing something I can't get the 2 widgets on home screen just the one
(2019-03-17, 08:05)Mungo Wrote: I could ramble on all day about just how glorious this skin is. It's beautifully elegant in its design and use, well done man, well done.

I seem to have tracked down a small bug surrounding the miscellaneous option to "play a startup video or music playlist" option. Regardless of what type of file, stored locally or on the network - if I have anything loaded into this, on the next start of Kodi using this skin, kodi crashes.

I've had to delete the skin from the addons folder to go back to default, and reload it to troubleshoot, but with debugging on and replicating the above option, the last thing the log sees before kodi dissappearing is the below: Hopefully it means more to you, than me. OS is Windows 10, Kodi build 18.1 x64. Can test on nVidia shields also if need be. 
Quote:2019-03-17 15:54:16.552 T:19468   DEBUG: CIRServerSuite::Connect: connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ...
2019-03-17 15:54:20.450 T:19468   DEBUG: CIRServerSuite::Connect: failed to connect
2019-03-17 15:54:20.450 T:19468    INFO: CIRServerSuite:Tonguerocess: failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds
Can provide a full debug log if needed.

Thanks again for sharing your talent - all of your skins have a permanent place amongst my Media Centres.

Can you test latest git? I think I might've fixed the issue.
EDIT: Helps if I actually type my password correctly before pushing. Fix should be up now (v0.9.3)
(2019-03-17, 08:56)popeye2468 Wrote: OK am I missing something I can't get the 2 widgets on home screen just the one

Read the first post. Specifically, the part "Additional Widgets in Multi-Widget Layout".
@Skittles9823 - Info and fanart for first widget in multi-widget layout should be working now.
(2019-03-17, 09:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can you test latest git? I think I might've fixed the issue.

Cool beans - looks all good from this end JM Big Grin
congrats for really great work. 
can you consider to add extra two buttons in the Program Information of the PVR, that interacts with  IPTV Recorder add on:  IPTV Recorder button   and  Recordings button ? The buttons should show up only if add-on is installed

tia
(2019-03-17, 09:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Skittles9823 - Info and fanart for first widget in multi-widget layout should be working now.

Nice. I'll update and check it out.
Looks awesome everything looks super clean and minimalist top job as always 

quick question  for some reason when i open the spotify addon nothing is displayed > however it allows me to link content as a widget or a link if its pre set but it just wont let me view from opening via music addons ? / also Is there just the one theme for now ? I wanted to try out the dark theme but havent come across it yet Smile

Thanks for everything you do its appreciated
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226