• 70(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-03-27, 13:47)Desperados Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 13:36)FlashOne Wrote: Maybe you missed one important thing: TMDB and Trakt sections inside Skin helper service widgets only show movies or tv shows which are already inside your library and puts them in certain categories. So, if you don't have any movie or tv show that could populate a specific section, it will be empty.
To achieve what you're looking the easiest imho is to create a widget using Extended info add-on entries
Thanks for your answer. But I do use library integration with Kodi, that makes this skin so much better! So that's not the problem unfortunately.. I do have the extended info mod (OpenInfo) installed, I don't know if that could be the issue? 
I don't think since I use that mod too and everything is working fine on my setup with Bingie v1
(2019-03-27, 22:46)LukeHansford Wrote: Is there an option or way to disable the red new episodes that show on addon TV show widgets?

I can see you can change the colour which is default to red but how can you disable them from showing?
I was going to ask if there's a chance to show that label even in home page widgets rather than hide it!
I think you could just set none in Bingie view Custom colors, even if New episodes label will stay there.
It's funny how one of the nicest new addition is a bless for some users while it's a problem for others lol! I guess it's impossible to please everyone!
(2019-03-28, 12:56)FlashOne Wrote: I don't think since I use that mod too and everything is working fine on my setup with Bingie v1
Thanks for telling me. I have no idea then why it's not working.. The widget tmdb - popular movies from the skin helper widgets is working fine on your end then, just checking?
(2019-03-28, 19:13)Desperados Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 12:56)FlashOne Wrote: I don't think since I use that mod too and everything is working fine on my setup with Bingie v1
Thanks for telling me. I have no idea then why it's not working.. The widget tmdb - popular movies from the skin helper widgets is working fine on your end then, just checking?  
Actually it is empty (but I suspect it's because I don't have any movies belonging to that category); same equivalent entry for tv shows (tmdb - popular tv shows) is showing a few titles, pointing directly to my library entries

EDIT: maybe I need to agree with you that something is wrong because also Trakt entries (both movies and tv shows) inside my skin helper widgets are empty, which has no sense because I'm sure that at least some categories should be populated by my items. So I guess you're right, there's some issue within skin helper widget. And the proof is that same entries are working fine in other addons using same voices.
(2019-03-28, 19:43)FlashOne Wrote: EDIT: maybe I need to agree with you that something is wrong because also Trakt entries (both movies and tv shows) inside my skin helper widgets are empty, which has no sense because I'm sure that at least some categories should be populated by my items. So I guess you're right, there's some issue within skin helper widget. And the proof is that same entries are working fine in other addons using same voices.
Thanks for testing it! I'm glad it's not just a problem on my end..
(2019-03-28, 21:08)Desperados Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 19:43)FlashOne Wrote: EDIT: maybe I need to agree with you that something is wrong because also Trakt entries (both movies and tv shows) inside my skin helper widgets are empty, which has no sense because I'm sure that at least some categories should be populated by my items. So I guess you're right, there's some issue within skin helper widget. And the proof is that same entries are working fine in other addons using same voices.
Thanks for testing it! I'm glad it's not just a problem on my end.. 

I think I'm having the same issue. The widgets with TMDB and Trakt selections rarely populate. If I change something in the widgets settings they all work for a little bit and then stop populating.
Ok, I created a widget through my video library which separates my movies by year, as I did not see a "Year" category within Skinn Service Widgets.  I was wondering if there was any possible way to have them appear on my homescreen with the same green background that is used for genres.  As it stands, the years only show as grey landscape boxes.
(2019-03-29, 02:08)tmlfan1977 Wrote: Ok, I created a widget through my video library which separates my movies by year, as I did not see a "Year" category within Skinn Service Widgets.  I was wondering if there was any possible way to have them appear on my homescreen with the same green background that is used for genres.  As it stands, the years only show as grey landscape boxes.

Not positive but it seems like the genre boxes were made by hand in something like affinity designer. I would assume you need to do that for each year and then add them wherever the genre photos are..
(2019-03-28, 01:02)SohoFire Wrote: Hi

Firstly praise due for creating such a beautiful thing. I have been watching Bingie evolve over the last few years and I’m so impressed. It’s truly a work of art.

I do have a slight problem with running the new skin on my setup though and can’t use it with ease.

I have had no such issues with your previous skin (v 0.3) on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ running LibreELEC. It Ran like a dream.

To explain, all my movies and shows  are  in the cloud and my Kodi library talks to a HTTPS Apache web Server. Each directory on the HTTPS web server is protected from unauthorised access by a USER NAME and a PASSWORD. This server then serves up a .STRM file for each series, movie what have you. The .STRM file directs Kodi to my independent cloud storage (where the actual video files are stored) and the file plays.

So to confirm the Kodi source is the HTTPS web server. This pulls all the metadata into the library and the .STRM file directs the video player to the cloud server and the video plays.

As I say on the old build of the skin this worked beautifully. However on the new skin in certain circumstances the file will not play.

To explain:

If I select a TV Show to watch from a widget I get the screen asking if I want to  for example, PLAY EPISODE 1 SERIES 1 or WATCH OTHER EPISODES.

If I select the top option  PLAY EPISODE 1 SERIES 1 the file will NOT play and there is an error message.

However if i select WATCH OTHER EPISODES and select the episode manually the file plays as expected. I have pulled the logs on both instances and i think I have identified the problem but I am not sure if this is an issue with your skin or Kodi and would really appreciate your advice.

Looking at the logs, when I select the top option PLAY EPISODE 1 SERIES 1 Kodi tries to pull the file from my HTTPS server but it does not parse the USERNAME and PASSWORD of the protected directory that the file is in and thus it fails to play.

Here is a snippet of the log:

019-03-27 21:57:48.165 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...peer=false
2019-03-27 21:57:48.247 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 401
2019-03-27 21:57:48.247 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 401 for https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...01E01.strm:
2019-03-27 21:57:48.247 T:1936896016   ERROR: Open - failed to open source <https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/After%20Life%20(2019)/S01E01.strm|verifypeer=false>
2019-03-27 21:57:48.494 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 401
2019-03-27 21:57:48.495 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 401 for https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...01E01.strm:
2019-03-27 21:57:48.495 T:1936896016   ERROR: GetDirectory - Unable to get http directory (https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...peer=false)
2019-03-27 21:57:48.497 T:1936896016   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...peer=false
2019-03-27 21:57:48.977 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...peer=false
2019-03-27 21:57:49.232 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 401
2019-03-27 21:57:49.232 T:1936896016   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 401 for https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...01E01.strm:
2019-03-27 21:57:49.236 T:1936896016   ERROR: Open - failed to open source <https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/After%20Life%20(2019)/S01E01.strm|verifypeer=false>
2019-03-27 21:57:49.242 T:1936896016   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [https://178.###.###.247:443/shows/en/Aft...peer=false]

When I compare it to the log where the file does open (when I select the episode manually) it does send the USERNAME and the PASSWORD of the protected directory and so it plays the file. As shown below:

2019-03-27 21:50:59.162 T:1936896016  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@178.###.###.24...peer=false
2019-03-27 21:50:59.177 T:965145456  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2019-03-27 21:50:59.643 T:965145456  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
2019-03-27 21:50:59.679 T:965145456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
2019-03-27 21:50:59.679 T:965145456  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 173
2019-03-27 21:50:59.679 T:965145456   ERROR: CMMALVideo::Open : Video codec unknown: ad
2019-03-27 21:50:59.679 T:965145456  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: HEVC (rpi)
2019-03-27 21:50:59.718 T:965145456  NOTICE: Creating video thread
2019-03-27 21:50:59.718 T:1124066160  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
2019-03-27 21:50:59.719 T:965145456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256

i

So my question is is this a fault with the code in your skin or is this something I need to talk to Kodi  / LibreELEC about?

I appreciate that this is quite a complex problem to explain  but I hope I have explained it clearly enough. If there is anything i can do to clarify please let me know.

Thanks so much for your time and help.
Hi, if I understand correctly. From the video info window, you have the button to 'play season xx: episode xx' which causes trouble, but when entering 'more episodes' then from library there are no issues?
If so, then it would be interesting to test if v0.3 STILL works in order to isolate the problem. if it does, then it is likely a skin issue. However, since the core functioning of that specific buttons had not changed from v0.3 to v1 I tend to be skeptic of pointing it as a v1 issue... both skins just runs the filenameandpath value that is supplied by kodi api.
Another thing to test is to check which value are you getting from $INFO[ListItem.Filenameandpath] inside 5050 container in infodialog, if it lacks user & pass then it will likely not pass these params toward. but then, it should not work on v0.3 either...
(2019-03-28, 04:46)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I'm having really slow load times using the "similar" "recommended" and "top picks" widgets on my Shield and, albeit wayyy less, on my gaming rig with a 6 core xeon.. which is kind of impressive depending on how you look at it  Eek
The 3 widgets you mentioned are exactly the 3 slowest widgets due to the fact all three are using a reference based comparison algorithm. That's what makes them 'smarter' and giving a pretty much good profiling recommendations. It should be noted that there's a tiny difference than was in previous skin helper widgets version, which 'experimental score' was off by default then using recommended was in-effect returning a 'top rated'. I separated the methods so recommended use the algorithm and is really recommendation and the old 'top rated' is available as 'top rated'/'critically acclaimed'. On your hardware, I'm guessing the implementation doesn't maximize the threading power, as the algorithm itself is 'fine' in terms of optimization.
(2019-03-28, 12:38)louisefindlay23 Wrote: I did that along with a fresh install but I'm still getting this. Image
Image url is n/a.
(2019-03-28, 12:48)FlashOne Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 13:42)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 15:05)FlashOne Wrote: Perfect, now all old widget layouts and displays are back to their places, thx!

Finally Slim OSD has a time bar! Now we only miss Remaining time and Total Lenght. EDIT: forgot to say that it also miss and Channel Name and Now airing above OSD buttons, which are well present in Non-Slim OSD.
Haven't noticed any change in others OSD styles (besides automatic resize of buttons layout according to what is in playing, really amazing!)

About thumb/channel icon fallback: it works almost fine but, imho, it's not useful like older behavior to show channel logo. I'll try to explain better: when surfing through channels, I think it's easier to find something I'm looking for if I came across a well known logo. An epg thumb isn't often so quick to understand at a glance. While it's not an issue in guide or channel list view, epg thumbs don't look as good as channel logos do when OSD pop up. Had same thoughts speaking with mardukL and he was agree too; best solution would be like in above posted picture (channel logo in low position and EPG preview when infos are on) but, if it's something impossible to achieve, channels logos should have priority over epg thumbs 
Is remaining time and total length working for you in Marduk's mod? because we use pretty much the same info but maybe i miss something and can compare for reference.
channel name and number not supposed to appear on other osds, but you can see them when you showinfo, right?
but i'm guessing there's a logic in adding them for pvr...
about logos/icons/etc, it's really a guessing game for me, i think it'd be best if you just play with the var here, erase the condition="..." part and just replace each one to be the first and look what you get, then you can tell me which order seems logical because i've got zero idea honestly.
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan....xml#L3052
(2019-03-26, 19:09)FlashOne Wrote: They also works in tv shows (TVDB scraper) but here I got a different trouble: I can't set boxed info status (like renewed show, ended etc...) anymore; tried a quick downgrade to 0.3beta and everything works fine there. EDIT: "downgrading" to proper repository skin version resolved the issue.
@cartman.dos Is there an easy way to import 523 view from oldest beta and use it on actual 1.0.0?
Yep, both remaining time and total length labels are now working fine on mardukL mod OSDs (it just has some other little bug); also channel logos vs. epg thumbs question has been already resolved on there, you should definitely take a look for a comparison.
Also, found other two new little glitches in pvr osd:
- when you switch channel using number input, framed left space you introduced some time ago is empty while the small number appear in upper right position.
- channel logo in Slim OSD style is a little bit "compressed" in its size (I'm referring to new github updated file version)

Quote:"cartman.dos Wrote:

It's not that, it's probably because you must disable the 'additional info' line to show media flags both in home and view523. because otherwise there's a good chance of overlapping that can't go together. you can just edit the xml itself to remove the condition to show media flags if you want to 'take the chance'
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...n.xml#L241
(note that this is if you're using latest git, which in it i separated the option of disabling additional info from home tab options to context-menu.
in other words, make sure footer is enabled for media library views, go to view523, open context menu, disable additional info. close the window and reopen, it should now appear. 
That's exactly what I did first time I configured 1.0.0: in fact the warning pop up appearing when enabling both additional info and media codec info was pretty clear and everything went right but, after manual update to newest git version, it seems that doesn't works anymore, additional info can't be disabled in favor of media codec ones. I was asking to revert to 0.3beta Binge view because everything used to works perfectly for me, I guess because of a different additional info management on my settings. For the moment I'll stay on official repository build where at least media codec info/status works fine.
Infinities thx for your patience and help!    
About media flags, you didn't mentioned if you tried opening context-menu... do you have there an option to disable 'additional info'? did you try that? (context-menu from within the library itself)

About other osd/pvr related, I set a reminder to self to go over these stuff you mentioned.
(2019-03-29, 02:08)tmlfan1977 Wrote: Ok, I created a widget through my video library which separates my movies by year, as I did not see a "Year" category within Skinn Service Widgets.  I was wondering if there was any possible way to have them appear on my homescreen with the same green background that is used for genres.  As it stands, the years only show as grey landscape boxes.
I did use at first a empty green brick with text written by kodi, this was great because then i wouldn't need to have a resource and it could also be localized (translated to your language) automatically. however, this can cause scaling issues, is hard coded in skin-code and cannot be used as a resource...so the texts on the bricks are actually images now.
To have a custom bricks for years you'll have to manually create them and identify a unique property in them that can be used to assign them with these images...kodi doesn't allow 'year-based-resource' so there's no easy way of doing this for the user.
To get you started, assuming you want a landscape based image, then you need to add a value to this variable:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...e.xml#L301
since you don't get any image then it could pretty much be in any place of this var but would be better if in one of the last lines of the variable.
to identify the years widgets you can use this conditions 'String.StartsWith(ListItem.FolderPath, videodb://movies/years/)' I believe this will work to identify the year paths of the widgets.
Than you need to point it to a folder that contains images by year names, so '1957'.png/jpg and use 'ListItem.Label' to pass this value.

Let's say for example that you put a folder named 'years' insides ../skin/extras/ with images named by year ending with .jpg
then all you need to do is add inside the variable i pointed above this line:
Code:
<value condition="String.StartsWith(ListItem.FolderPath, videodb://movies/years/)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/years/,.jpg]</value>

@FlashOne , @Desperados , @Seattle2Nashville  - About TMDB/Trakt widgets from Skin Helper Widgets, I did just tested them and they work on my end.
Please test first from running extended info -> enter the corresponding entry you're trying to populate as widget, does it include items that are available in YOUR library?
If there are items, this items should be populated in the widget.
The issue with pulling data from extended info is that it has a small limit size, of around 25 (don't recall exactly) so there's a big chance of having just a very few items from this list.
It would be better to have a bigger pool source to compare items with or having skin helper widget read directly from trakt/tmdb, but we're not there yet.
Hello. Just wanted to install Titan on Leia and found this new Bingie theme. Great work. I use it on my shield. But i didn't find my amazon prime, netflix video addons, which i integraged to kodi. Regards
(2019-03-29, 09:34)cartman.dos Wrote: About media flags, you didn't mentioned if you tried opening context-menu... do you have there an option to disable 'additional info'? did you try that? (context-menu from within the library itself)

About other osd/pvr related, I set a reminder to self to go over these stuff you mentioned.
Oh I'm sorry, misunderstood what you previously wrote but now I can confirm that additional info toggle in context menu is working fine in 523 view after latest github manual update! Brilliant job!

About other osd/pvr related: really thanks for your time, much appreciated. FYI in the mean time I'm using a "dirty merge" from mardukL mod (IncludesOSD and IncludesOSDDialogs files) and seems to works pretty well. As I previously said, it still has few bugs too but so far looks pretty stable.

Quote:@FlashOne , @Desperados , @Seattle2Nashville  - About TMDB/Trakt widgets from Skin Helper Widgets, I did just tested them and they work on my end.
Please test first from running extended info -> enter the corresponding entry you're trying to populate as widget, does it include items that are available in YOUR library?
If there are items, this items should be populated in the widget.
The issue with pulling data from extended info is that it has a small limit size, of around 25 (don't recall exactly) so there's a big chance of having just a very few items from this list.
It would be better to have a bigger pool source to compare items with or having skin helper widget read directly from trakt/tmdb, but we're not there yet.

That was the test I made to check why I had blank TMDB/Trakt widgets, entries inside Skin Helper Widgets add-on were/are empty as expected. Only TMDB - Popular Tv shows voice shows me a few titles.

Also, I found another Skin Helper Widgets related bug: maybe you never had the chance to test it but PVR Channels Group entries aren't handled very well (at least on my setup); when you enter i.e. in Entertainment channels group, it opens up correctly BUT when you open another channel group, (Sports for example) it shows entries from the previous one, like it wasn't capable to refresh, even if I obviously checked to have aggressive widget refresh option enabled.

EDIT: forgot to ask, maybe you missed my previous post but I was curious: is New episodes label supposed to appear on home page widgets or it only pop ups after you enter inside tv shows hub? Because for me it works only in this second case (tried with both Vertical big and Bingie home page) but imho would be nice to have it in home page too.
OK so maybe I'm dense but for the life of me I can't find where to make tags and smart playlists in Bingie. I was hoping to edit some of the pre-built ones that Cartman created trying to change the order from random to Sort title. Whenever the widgets refresh the random order drives me kind of bananas because it changes it to where the slim menu is no longer visible on the left.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Another thing having trouble with is I have disabled studio icons everywhere in skin settings still they are showing up on the Bingie info dialog screen. My OCD says Netflix doesn't have them so I don't want them lol. Are they hard-coded in or something? I even tried deleting the studio icon add-on wouldn't let me won't let me disable either.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-03-29, 14:41)cscott1 Wrote: Another thing having trouble with is I have disabled studio icons everywhere in skin settings still they are showing up on the Bingie info dialog screen. My OCD says Netflix doesn't have them so I don't want them lol. Are they hard-coded in or something? I even tried deleting the studio icon add-on wouldn't let me won't let me disable either.
delete this control:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan....xml#L1533
(2019-03-29, 14:10)cscott1 Wrote: OK so maybe I'm dense but for the life of me I can't find where to make tags and smart playlists in Bingie. I was hoping to edit some of the pre-built ones that Cartman created trying to change the order from random to Sort title. Whenever the widgets refresh the random order drives me kind of bananas because it changes it to where the slim menu is no longer visible on the left.
What are you trying to do exactly? First you can set them to order by using built-in-skin helper widgets playlists -> choose playlist ...->choose order
smartlists dialogs are same as previous version
and lastly playlists are inside skindir/playlists and some under extras/widgetplaylists

(2019-03-29, 13:39)Highfield Wrote: Hello. Just wanted to install Titan on Leia and found this new Bingie theme. Great work. I use it on my shield. But i didn't find my amazon prime, netflix video addons, which i integraged to kodi. Regards
You should be able to add them in configure shortcuts->edit shortcuts then add a menu entry and look for 'Android apps', this should add a menu entry for these apps.
Does this skin also have Multi Image support for more artwork types than extrafanart as ArtworkBeef already support it?
Similar to Aeon MQ7 mod? Multi Image Characterart sideshow for TvShows, Multi Image Poster/Keyart Sideshow for Movies?
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26