• 92(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-04-18, 05:28)jrod10133 Wrote: hey how do i edit categories hub widget to genres or some else like the pic above

If you mean how to change it visually, there is an addon in the biggie repository that changes the icons of genres to look like that.

If you mean how to actually add genres in a hub, go to skin settings > configure shortcuts > and disable lock widgets in hubs. This will allow you to edit the widgets when you back out of settings.
(2019-04-17, 23:00)havokvalor Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 22:48)aahmyu Wrote: Hello, I'm not sure if someone reported this but in the wide view for TV shows the highlight background color is gray and the text color is white so it is kinda unreadable.

This happens also in the card view, you can check the back ground color from gray to a different color in skin settings > custom color setting > media library views, at the bottom there is Media listItem border focus color, I change that to a wine red and it looks quite nice =).

Thanks Smile
(2019-04-17, 20:41)cartman.dos Wrote: LOL. Maybe it's just me and my OCD but I'm regularly using Kodi and Netflix. and this were the main changes to make them almost identical.
Changes:
1) wider slim-menu
2) small adjustment to widget size (less width in total proportion)
3) few more px to the right for spotlight details and widgets
4) widget rows starts a bit higher
5) smaller clearlogo

To be honest, changes are much more noticeable on big screen tv... Smile

I noticed by few of the differences as well I say make the changes looks like you already put the work in might as well.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-04-18, 04:51)3500 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 17:13)cartman.dos Wrote: Quick question

This is current look of the Bingie layout:

This is an optional small change:

Small difference but closer to netflix GUI. Not sure if it's worth the trouble or not...

can you make the selection look like a netflix?
so the selection is not moving at all
just the landscape thumb that moving scrolling when we scroll

If you go into skin settings under Homescreen layout in Widgets enable fixed focus for vertical scrolling this will give you the smooth slide animation you are referring to that used to be one of the things that bothered me too.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD

hello @Cartman.dos, how can we remove this I have it disabled in settings but still it keeps coming out
Hi just some information about my build
Fire TV Stick 4k
Plexkodiconnect
Latest Kodi 18

It would seem that when I use Bingie episode view the seasons are in some type of order that I cannot understand. Has anyone ever experienced this?

https://imgur.com/a/rhUNzhj
(2019-04-16, 23:09)havokvalor Wrote: Currently all my auto played trailers on Home and Hub that are stored locally are playing fullscreen instead of windowed. In Media Views where it says default action for trailers I have it set to Play automatically in window. Know if any reason why this would play full screened? Is there an option that I am missing?
The setting you're referring only applies for when playing a trailer from within the info dialog screen. In Home/Hubs with auto-trailers ON it should always play windowed anyway.
So which is it, where are you trying to play windowed from?
Anyways, supply a debug log. I suspect it might be a kodi/pkc issue since I just send the command to kodi to play windowed, if something happens in the way it's probably due other stuff... but maybe debug log would show something regarding the issue.
(2019-04-17, 03:45)RKCRLR Wrote: I think I found another bug.  If I attempt to play a recording from the Live TV menu while music is playing Kodi will freeze and I have to force Kodi to restart from the OS (Android TV).  I don't have the problem if I play videos from other sources or even start the same recording using a widget from the Home screen.  I don't have problems playing a recording If I stop the music playback first.  
I don't have this problem in Estuary.
That's sounds like a weird issue indeed, but will need at least a debug log.
(2019-04-17, 11:21)scofield272 Wrote: Hi again Smile

is it possibe to get a clear logo in hebrew?
for most of my contents I have an English clear logo : https://imgur.com/a/PuM3gyZ    but for maybe 2 or 3 tvshows i getting clear logo in Hebrew : https://imgur.com/a/Jq4irwT , is there a configuration i can choose a primary language for the clear logos in the headlines ? or is it just due to a lack of clear logos in Hebrew in the scraper site that this is been taken from?

thanks!
Artwork beef pulls whatever you set it to and that it can find.
Obviously there aren't as many clearlogos for hebrew like there are for english.
This has nothing to do with the skin.
But you could configure artwork beef to ONLY pull hebrew stuff and scrape your library using a hebrew-based scraper so you'll always have clearlogo in your language (if found), otherwise the text would be in your language...
(2019-04-17, 12:35)3500 Wrote: when the next-update coming up?
No big changes are planned, it mostly maintenance and bug fixes. So I'm pushing updates whenever I've done a good amount of fixes/fix is very important...No rush here.
But you can always grab the latest from git regardless of what is on the repo, just keep in mind that it could be bugged because it's work-in-progress.
(2019-04-17, 15:55)djneil Wrote: A minor request:
Would it be possible that you could add that triangle Next-Up Skin from TITAN M O D? I really love the look of that one. 
While it doesn't require much to integrate, I don't think I will because having more than two layouts for the up-next seems over the top and I'm not willing to give up on any of them, although I will do some fine-tuning/polishing.
(2019-04-18, 00:35)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Hey, @cartman.dos , do you possibly have the skin widget playlists in a smart playlist format I could just throw into the kodi playlist folder? I'm using the Bingie skin but all of my devices are connected to a single Kodi device running as a UPNP server and the skin widget playlist don't work because of that but smart playlist on the server  side do and I was hoping to still be able to use the recommended/similar widget content. Hope that makes sense.

Thx again btw!
Well I'm not sure that I understand what's causing this issue but similar/recommended are created by skin helper widgets and cannot be replaced by smartplaylist. this is pretty much the situation with all widgets from the mixed media node in skin helper widgets.
However there is a good bunch of pre-made smartplaylist in this skin that you could use. they're located inside the skindir/playlists/
(2019-04-18, 02:47)tantrum080 Wrote: From watching this video https://youtu.be/g46uMnmizv4 (3:24) I realised the new Disney+ service coming soon has basically the same yo as Netflix, they seem to use the same options of "continue watching" "recommended for you" etc, with a minor change to bingie could we achieved this? Like an option to change the layout a bit to be more like this - so we could switch between the two "bingie look or Disney+ look" just an idea...

I only suggested this as we have most of these options already as you've provided with bingie so thought it may not take much work to accomplish
I didn't see any of the disney+ ui in the vid you linked but seen a short demo somewhere else and yes it's a close mimic of netflix ui...but a poor one (from what i've seen at least).
Making another layout, say 'disney layout', is gonna' take a few hundreds of code line. moreover, since bingie already got a TON of layouts/cusomizable options, adding this would just be making bigger. and I don't want to do that. If anything, if I had the time for it I'd make BINGIE Skin from scratch with pretty much just the bingie layout and maybe options for touch layout/mouse-based layout, etc...then I won't have to rely on legacy code stuff, and could do stuff I can't right now (because it require huge changes/break other stuff), have it work better and faster, much faster probably...and maybe even discard the use of skin helper service which is the root of all slowness/memory hog. BUT, this requires tons of free time which I don't see myself having anytime soon.
(2019-04-18, 13:35)Jooode Wrote: Image

hello @Cartman.dos, how can we remove this I have it disabled in settings but still it keeps coming out
I guess you mean settings&exit? Well, it's hardcoded and can't be removed. BUT, if you look here I put the code for this buttons to dervice from powermenu, this means that with that alteration you can customize this buttons/disable them.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2845790

(2019-04-18, 13:53)havokvalor Wrote: Hi just some information about my build
Fire TV Stick 4k
Plexkodiconnect
Latest Kodi 18

It would seem that when I use Bingie episode view the seasons are in some type of order that I cannot understand. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Imagehttps://imgur.com/a/rhUNzhj
Do you get that on different skins as well when on season-level? Kodi's season level ordering is always by season number and could either be ascending/descending. But in your picture it seems like a total mess. So check estuary for example to see if order stays the same I'd suspect it might have something to do with PKC.
(2019-04-18, 15:11)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 23:09)havokvalor Wrote: I think I found another bug.  If I attempt to play a recording from the Live TV menu while music is playing Kodi will freeze and I have to force Kodi to restart from the OS (Android TV).  I don't have the problem if I play videos from other sources or even start the same recording using a widget from the Home screen.  I don't have problems playing a recording If I stop the music playback first.  

Kodi debug log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ixanokixoq.kodi

Upon further testing this problem is similar to the first problem I had with Live TV and videos stopping.  However this appears to be isolated to the Recordings menu:
* If I'm playing a recording that I've started from the Live TV Recordings menu and select "More episodes" from a widget menu the recording will stop playing. 
* If I 'm playing the same recording as above but started it from a widget menu everything works as expected when I select "More episodes".  
* If I'm playing music and attempt to start a recording from the Recordings menu Kodi will freeze and I have to force Kodi to stop from the OS and then restart Kodi. 
* If I start the same recording as above from a widget menu while playing music everything works as expected.  
* If I stop playing music before starting a recording from the Recordings menu everything works as expected.  
* I tried deleting lines 9 & 10 from VideoFullScreen.xml but still had the problem.  

Thanks for your help
(2019-04-18, 17:15)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 23:09)havokvalor Wrote: I think I found another bug.  If I attempt to play a recording from the Live TV menu while music is playing Kodi will freeze and I have to force Kodi to restart from the OS (Android TV).  I don't have the problem if I play videos from other sources or even start the same recording using a widget from the Home screen.  I don't have problems playing a recording If I stop the music playback first.  

Kodi debug log here:

Upon further testing this problem is similar to the first problem I had with Live TV and videos stopping.  However this appears to be isolated to the Recordings menu:
* If I'm playing a recording that I've started from the Live TV Recordings menu and select "More episodes" from a widget menu the recording will stop playing. 
* If I 'm playing the same recording as above but started it from a widget menu everything works as expected when I select "More episodes".  
* If I'm playing music and attempt to start a recording from the Recordings menu Kodi will freeze and I have to force Kodi to stop from the OS and then restart Kodi. 
* If I start the same recording as above from a widget menu while playing music everything works as expected.  
* If I stop playing music before starting a recording from the Recordings menu everything works as expected.  
* I tried deleting lines 9 & 10 from VideoFullScreen.xml but still had the problem.  

Thanks for your help 

Do you still have these expressions adjusted as I suggested here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2843741
if not then edit them and test issue regarding stopping recording.

Music issue seems to be a separate issue, that I can't think of why it happens...I think it might have to do with either Kodi / Skin Helper Service.
Try to disable skin helper service, just for the test and see if music issue persists.
@Cartman.dos yeah I agree with you there, it does seem like a bad copy of Netflix UI and fair enough if it's gonna take that much just to make this, it's not worth it - what you've done with bingie is incredible esp with all the features you have gave us with this absolutely beautiful skin. Thank you again!!
(2019-04-18, 18:21)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 17:15)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 15:11)cartman.dos Wrote: That's sounds like a weird issue indeed, but will need at least a debug log. 

Kodi debug log here:

Thanks for your help   

Do you still have these expressions adjusted as I suggested here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2843741
if not then edit them and test issue regarding stopping recording.

Music issue seems to be a separate issue, that I can't think of why it happens...I think it might have to do with either Kodi / Skin Helper Service.
Try to disable skin helper service, just for the test and see if music issue persists.  

Well, something screwy is going on.  I didn't intentionally change the settings back to the original values but the changes to the Includes.xml file had been lost when I checked.  I reincorporated the changes and the problems with the recordings stopping wen't away.  I did do a Kodi update so maybe that had something to do with it.  

Kodi wouldn't let me disable (or uninstall) the Skin Helper Service.  It says it is required by Bingie.  I tried disabling in both Bingie and Estuary.  But when I was in Estuary I tried playing a recording while music was playing and Kodi froze.  I could swear I had previously tried this and everything worked fine (perhaps this is related to the Kodi update).  So I'll go over to the Kodi support forum to see if I can get some help there.  

Does Estuary use the Skin Helper service if it is installed?

Thanks again!
(2019-04-17, 14:50)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 12:45)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 11:26)cscott1 Wrote: you use the back arrow. Honesty though this skin isn't the most phone/tablet friendly skin it's much easier to navigate on a device for your TV like an Nvidia shield. 

I don't see the back arrow. Is there a setting I should enable? 

its not in the skin its whatever button you use to navigate back in android.

I'm using iOS though.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
(2019-04-18, 20:06)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 14:50)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 12:45)louisefindlay23 Wrote: I don't see the back arrow. Is there a setting I should enable? 

its not in the skin its whatever button you use to navigate back in android.

I'm using iOS though.

I'm so sorry I feel bad for you. Lol JK sort of.
(2019-04-18, 20:47)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 20:06)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 14:50)cscott1 Wrote: its not in the skin its whatever button you use to navigate back in android.

I'm using iOS though.

I'm so sorry I feel bad for you. Lol JK sort of.

Figured it out. A two finger swipe to the left is hard coded into all Kodi touchscreen skin support to go back.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
(2019-04-16, 23:09)havokvalor Wrote: Currently all my auto played trailers on Home and Hub that are stored locally are playing fullscreen instead of windowed. In Media Views where it says default action for trailers I have it set to Play automatically in window. Know if any reason why this would play full screened? Is there an option that I am missing?
The setting you're referring only applies for when playing a trailer from within the info dialog screen. In Home/Hubs with auto-trailers ON it should always play windowed anyway.
So which is it, where are you trying to play windowed from?
Anyways, supply a debug log. I suspect it might be a kodi/pkc issue since I just send the command to kodi to play windowed, if something happens in the way it's probably due other stuff... but maybe debug log would show something regarding the issue.

So after a metric crap ton of testing I have found what is causing the trailers to go in full screen!
If you go into General skin settings > Splash Screen Settings and enable "Disable animated splash screen". This will cause local PKC related trailers to go full screen every time. I have disabled that setting and now my trailers are always windowed.

I have no clue what in the Titan skin's code is causing this weird interaction but it very interesting, cheers.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26