• 94(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
Is there a way to get the play next episode button in the information screen to create a playlist kind of like if you were to select the episode in it’s respected season?

If I play an episode from the information screen, the skip to next item starts to skip chapters instead and does not go to the next episode, thank you.
I found that especially on the home screen loading widgets takes a long time. Like 15 seconds.
I tried to reduce the amount of widgets and the amount of items per widgets. Also I did not enable automatic trailer playback.
I also enabled the mode for not perfomant hardware.
I am on Kodi 18.2 on Nvidia shieldTv.

Is there any chance to speed that up?
@havokvalor oh k thanks for your help Smile
why my pvr client hdhomerun take forever to start up and load up my channels i dont even have alot of channels only 50 i dont have this issue on my other 4 skins that i have
So after a whole lot of digging, I think I have finally been able to track down why the Bingie Episode view shows the seasons incorrectly with PKC and why Netflix Wide view on Titan Mod displays them correctly.

1st - Titan Mod's view is set at the season level not on the episode level.
2nd - The Bingie Episode view displays seasons in the order that they are placed in the Database.
3rd - PKC when scanning content into the MyVideos116.db doesn't scan them in order. It's kind of just doing a mad grab.

So this will cause the season view to display correctly but the Bingie episode view will display the order in which the seasons were written into the DB file.

Seasons Table
idSeason / idShow / season
8 / 2 / 5
9 / 2 / 3
10 / 2 / 6
18 / 2 / 4
19 / 2 / 1
20 / 2 / 2

https://imgur.com/PxZEr1i

So the question that I have is. Where would I go to change the way that the Bingie episode view displays seasons? I was looking through a bunch of .py files but could not find the code for the view. Would you be able to point me to the right file?
(2019-04-20, 17:34)djneil Wrote: I found that especially on the home screen loading widgets takes a long time. Like 15 seconds.
I tried to reduce the amount of widgets and the amount of items per widgets. Also I did not enable automatic trailer playback.

i disabled the Spotlights, it saves me couple of loading seconds...
(2019-04-20, 17:34)djneil Wrote: I found that especially on the home screen loading widgets takes a long time. Like 15 seconds.

Also you should make your own smart playlists and link your widgets directly to those avoiding going though skin helper altogether. I use a shield and my widgets with up to 100 items in each take only two sececonds to load on startup.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Would a smart playlist load quicker than PlexKodiConnect's On Deck?
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
(2019-04-20, 23:33)havokvalor Wrote: So after a whole lot of digging, I think I have finally been able to track down why the Bingie Episode view shows the seasons incorrectly with PKC and why Netflix Wide view on Titan Mod displays them correctly.

2nd - The Bingie Episode view displays seasons in the order that they are placed in the Database.
3rd - PKC when scanning content into the MyVideos116.db doesn't scan them in order. It's kind of just doing a mad grab.

So this will cause the season view to display correctly but the Bingie episode view will display the order in which the seasons were written into the DB file.

Seasons Table
8 / 2 / 5
9 / 2 / 3
10 / 2 / 6
18 / 2 / 4
19 / 2 / 1
20 / 2 / 2

So the question that I have is. Where would I go to change the way that the Bingie episode view displays seasons? I was looking through a bunch of .py files but could not find the code for the view. Would you be able to point me to the right file?

unsure, but an idea is to use sort / order tag

unsure if year is better than label as sort method, as seasons can have custom names but keeps the year

e.g.

<content target="video" sortby="label" sortorder="ascending">$VAR[View525SeasonsContent]</content>

in view_525_Bingie....xml (line 516)

append
https://codedocs.xyz/AlwinEsch/kodi/grou...ml#details
(2019-04-21, 13:38)mardukL Wrote: <content target="video" sortby="label" sortorder="ascending">$VAR[View525SeasonsContent]</content>

Holy crap I think that did it. You are the man! Where do I go to donate to you?
(2019-04-18, 21:36)havokvalor Wrote: So after a metric crap ton of testing I have found what is causing the trailers to go in full screen!
If you go into General skin settings > Splash Screen Settings and enable "Disable animated splash screen". This will cause local PKC related trailers to go full screen every time. I have disabled that setting and now my trailers are always windowed.

I have no clue what in the Titan skin's code is causing this weird interaction but it very interesting, cheers. 
 Sounds weird AF, it has nothing to do with trailers not even the same window... sheer luck? anyways probably a PKC-Kodi connection issue...
(2019-04-18, 21:40)havokvalor Wrote: So I installed the Titan Mod skin from marduk and tested the Netflix wide view that he has on there and it seems that the seasons are all lined up correctly next to the episodes. Also looked at pretty much every other view and all the other skins I have and could not reproduce this weird order that is happening on the Bingie Episode view. Is there anyway that I could import the Netflix wide view from Titan Mod to Bingie? 
Well, his seasons are taken from folder path itself afaik and I use kodi's native season-level library to fetch them. It's preferred that way, but this also means that your season should messed up globally... meaning, in every skin on season-level...
(2019-04-19, 00:24)jrod10133 Wrote: @havokvalor thanks for the reply im trying to edit categories like to genres i looked in edit menu shortcuts settings and i dont see nothing in where i could edit categories widget im getting this Image
You can't edit the categories, it is hardcoded, even if I wanted to make the feature of having it edit-able it wouldn't be easy using the current Titan frame-work...
(2019-04-19, 16:30)bluex12 Wrote: Hi all, 

I'm having a problem with Bingie where the search window keeps randomly popping up every few minutes.  I have no idea what caused this, and it only goes away after the second or third time that I "x" out of it.  Any suggestions ?
Paste a debug log.
(2019-04-19, 17:45)kodishu Wrote: @Cartman.dos do you planning to add more genre icons?

There is only:
Thriller
Horror
Fantasy
Western
Sci-Fi
There are around 25 genres..but maybe your genres are scraped by different names...
Also depends where you see this genres because in categories/genres from mixed media node in Skin helper widgets it ONLY takes the genres that are available BOTH in MOVIES & TVSHOWS. for all others genres you need to have widget for only movies/tvshows.
(2019-04-20, 04:08)3500 Wrote: i want to ask,
can you show me how to speed up the spotlight changing?
Don't know what you mean by 'speed up the spotlight changing'...
(2019-04-20, 15:18)Jooode Wrote: hello @Cartman.dos , I had a failure, after watching an episode of a series saved in the video library and return to the list of episodes BINGIE, the screen is left with nothing only you see the fanart and to be able to see the episodes again to restart KODI and I have seen that it is not only with the chapters it also happens with watching series and movies, it could be solved thanks or it is my fault.
I'm sorry but i don't understand what the issue is.
Can you supply steps-to-reproduce? debug log?

(2019-04-20, 17:22)havokvalor Wrote: Is there a way to get the play next episode button in the information screen to create a playlist kind of like if you were to select the episode in it’s respected season?

If I play an episode from the information screen, the skip to next item starts to skip chapters instead and does not go to the next episode, thank you.
This is handled by kodi and not the skin itself so it's more of a kodi-feature ask. To do this for the skin it'll probably need a script/add-on for that, so not possible atm...
(2019-04-18, 21:36)havokvalor Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 15:11)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 23:09)havokvalor Wrote: Currently all my auto played trailers on Home and Hub that are stored locally are playing fullscreen instead of windowed. In Media Views where it says default action for trailers I have it set to Play automatically in window. Know if any reason why this would play full screened? Is there an option that I am missing?
The setting you're referring only applies for when playing a trailer from within the info dialog screen. In Home/Hubs with auto-trailers ON it should always play windowed anyway.
So which is it, where are you trying to play windowed from?
Anyways, supply a debug log. I suspect it might be a kodi/pkc issue since I just send the command to kodi to play windowed, if something happens in the way it's probably due other stuff... but maybe debug log would show something regarding the issue. 

So after a metric crap ton of testing I have found what is causing the trailers to go in full screen!
If you go into General skin settings > Splash Screen Settings and enable "Disable animated splash screen". This will cause local PKC related trailers to go full screen every time. I have disabled that setting and now my trailers are always windowed.

I have no clue what in the Titan skin's code is causing this weird interaction but it very interesting, cheers. 
Just found that having footers enabled can also cause trailers to go full screen, just a heads up for anyone else using PKC with this skin.
(2019-04-20, 23:33)havokvalor Wrote: So after a whole lot of digging, I think I have finally been able to track down why the Bingie Episode view shows the seasons incorrectly with PKC and why Netflix Wide view on Titan Mod displays them correctly.

Seasons Table
8 / 2 / 5
9 / 2 / 3
10 / 2 / 6
18 / 2 / 4
19 / 2 / 1
20 / 2 / 2

That's interesting, I don't know if I can do something about it....
this is episode's view code:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...isodes.xml

this is the path used for the content of the seasons:
videodb://tvshows/titles/<TVSHOWID>/

EDIT: Seen you added a sortby tag to the season's container, did it solved the issue?
@Cartman.dos :  Is there any way you could add a button or the " stop scanning " option on the home screen submenu . On my Shield where I have added library items through a smb share , the library on startup keeps adding /looking for new stuff , even tough I have disabled the library on startup etc. This stops any media playback especially if streaming. In other skins , if i go into the menu option from within a library I can find the stop scanning option. This is really a bane in my life ATM and does keep me using the fabulous skin.
(2019-04-21, 17:41)shaktoo Wrote: @Cartman.dos :  Is there any way you could add a button or the " stop scanning " option on the home screen submenu . On my Shield where I have added library items through a smb share , the library on startup keeps adding /looking for new stuff , even tough I have disabled the library on startup etc. This stops any media playback especially if streaming. In other skins , if i go into the menu option from within a library I can find the stop scanning option. This is really a bane in my life ATM and does keep me using the fabulous skin.

Well if you use the code from here, that i may incorporate in next update, then you can control the items in the lower mainmenu (settings, exit, etc...)
and of course add the command to stop scanning from editing the powermenu.
in fact, right now from configure shortcuts tab, you can edit the powermenu and add the command to stop scanning, and then longpress back from anywhere will pop-up the powermenu and you could click that.
but i think you should look to disable that auto-scan. if it's not in kodi settings then you probably have an addon like watchdog that does it on startup...
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26