• 8(current)
Release Catch-Up TV & More
Hello,

I'd like to report a little bug :

I watch French TV with Catchup Tv and More.
It's 25fps. I like to dezoom the size of image when I watch it.

In fullscreen, zoom=1.00, it's fluid, and is displayed at 25fps (shown in debug informations)
When I reduce the size, it stays fluid... till I reach the value of 0.65 (it's very precise)

A this value and below, kodi tries to go to 50Hz, I suppose, but reaches about 38fps and stutters.

It does this EVEN IF I REMOVE 50HZ in my whitelist.

And the most strange is that if I hit O to display the informations, the fps goes immediately to 25 and the video is fluid.

Whats is happening ?
I'm using the 18.2 version, and it's been always like that with the 18 versions.

Thanks !
Hi,

It's seems to be a very specific bug! Are you sure that this bug is related to our plugin or it's a global Kodi bug?

Can you try to reproduce with another addon (Youtube?) or with a local video?

Thank you.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
Hi @badsheep,

thank you to report this behavior.

The purpose of this add-on (and most of others video add-on) is to grab information's from API, website, etc ... (title, picture, ... and video content). After that, all information's are sent to Kodi. Kodi can play the video content and show information's related to this content.
This add-on get video content from different sources (I mean different channel website) so it means the video content might be different (container (mdp, mp4, m3u8, ..), quality (480p, 720p, 1080p, ...), 25 fps (maybe other cases), ....)
We don't transform or adapt this video content. It is directly provide to Kodi.

Regarding the shuttering, with RPI3 I experienced something similar. I can play without issue a video in fullscreen mode but I have some shuttering if I pass the video in window mode.

So the test proposed by @sy6sy2 is good ! You can also test different Catch-up French TV of this add-on to see if you have different behaviors.

Thanks,
Wwark
Hello wwark and sy6sy2,

You're both are absolutely right, I was able to reproduce the issue with the Youtube addon.

So it's not a Catchup issue, but really a Kodi issue.

Thanks for your answers !
Matthieu
You are welcome.

If you think that this issue need to be fixed or to be known by the kodi team you can open an issue here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues ;-)
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
Mainly use this addon for UKTV Play.  Wondering if there was a way to show all available shows all at once instead of by alpha?  Or even better, is there a way list the shows by category?
Hi @Cangeoboy,

Yes I think it possible to add categories for UKTV Play.
We put it in the TODO. You can also raise an issue in our github to follow it or verify next release if it is present.

Thanks,
Wwark
Co-developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on: GitHub catchuptvandmore, Website
Hi

Thanks for the great plugin that i have just discovered, so I can watch DRM protected TV shows from UK TV Play.

My question is ... is it possible to download the streams?  There is mention of "Set up downloads" in the installation guide for the settings, but i cant find this setting in your plugin, or am i missing something?

Thanks i advance
Hi @bluemoon4ever,

Thank You !

It is not possible to download stream protected by DRM. Only content not protected by DRM can be download in this addon.

Wwark
Co-developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on: GitHub catchuptvandmore, Website
(2019-05-04, 09:50)wwark Wrote: Hi @bluemoon4ever,

Thank You !

It is not possible to download stream protected by DRM. Only content not protected by DRM can be download in this addon.

Wwark
thanks for the prompt reply and info, appreciated
Hi @Cangeoboy,

The beta version (0.2.7~beta04) of this add-on will have the categories feature for UKTVPlay. I think it is a great improvement !
This version will be available around 23:00 (CET) time today.

Thanks for your test,
Wwark.
(2019-05-08, 12:12)wwark Wrote: Hi @Cangeoboy,

The beta version (0.2.7~beta04) of this add-on will have the categories feature for UKTVPlay. I think it is a great improvement !
This version will be available around 23:00 (CET) time today.

Thanks for your test,
Wwark.
Installed.   Works great thanks for this update.
Hi,

For information, we add lives tv of UKTVPlay in this add-on (Drama, Dave, Yesterday, Really) Cool
They are available in this beta version (0.2.7~beta05)

Thanks,
Wwark
Pardon my ignorance, but where do we get the beta version, I've looked around github. for 0.2.7
(2019-05-13, 19:30)barney63 Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but where do we get the beta version, I've looked around github. for 0.2.7

Follow the instructions here
Make sure you select the Leia repository listed Beta in the list .
Once the beta repo is installed, just select the new version of the video addon from the newly installed repo.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Catch-Up TV & More1