• 135(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
Not sure whether this is a skin or a Kodi topic:

When I enter a TV Show page for the first time, then just the ".." entry is selected and the page remains mostly blank without fanart. Can this be changed so that by default the first episode is selected? At least the background fanart should still be shown if the ".." entry is selected.

Another thing I just realized -- in the screen shot above the title is "TV shows". I am using upper case "TV SHOWS" for the home menu entry. On entering the section, the menu entry moves upwards, still showing "TV SHOWS" (see below), which is then replaced with "TV shows" as shown above. The transition obviously is visually inconsistent.

Any way to synchronize the titles other than using your choice of "TV shows" in the home menu?

(2019-05-22, 21:40)thomasfl Wrote: Not sure whether this is a skin or a Kodi topic:

When I enter a TV Show page for the first time, then just the ".." entry is selected and the page remains mostly blank without fanart. Can this be changed so that by default the first episode is selected? At least the background fanart should still be shown if the ".." entry is selected.

You could hide the ".." altogether by going to "Settings -> Media Settings -> General". Untick "Show parent folder items".
Furthermore, if wanted, you could go to "Settings -> Media Settings -> Videos" and set "Select first unwatched TV show season / episode" to "always".
That way the next season or episode would automatically be selected/highlighted when entering a TV show or season Smile
(2019-05-12, 11:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 11:19)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: I have spotted a bug regarding aspect ratio.  When I highlight a movie with codec flags switched on, I see the icon for the aspect ratio of that movie, and with codec flags switched off, I see the aspect ratio listed, e.g. "2.40".

However, if I play the movie, then stop it to return to the movies list, the aspect ratio icon disappears (and so does the text version when codec flags is switched off).

I tried to replicate in Aura but it worked in that skin, so I think this must be a problem with A:Z2.
Hmmm. This is odd. Is it just the aspect ratio flag or do all the codec flag disappear? I'm not really sure what might cause this issue 

I have tested this in other skins and can confirm it is not a bug in Arctic: Zephyr 2.
Cinema: Epson EH-TW9300 | 125" scope fixed frame screen | Panasonic DMP-UB700 | Denon AVR-X4200W | AudioLab M-PWR | Monitor Audio Bronze 7.1.2 Atmos & DTS:X | Kodi (OSMC Vero 4K)
(2019-05-23, 15:37)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 11:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 11:19)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: I have spotted a bug regarding aspect ratio.  When I highlight a movie with codec flags switched on, I see the icon for the aspect ratio of that movie, and with codec flags switched off, I see the aspect ratio listed, e.g. "2.40".

However, if I play the movie, then stop it to return to the movies list, the aspect ratio icon disappears (and so does the text version when codec flags is switched off).

I tried to replicate in Aura but it worked in that skin, so I think this must be a problem with A:Z2.
Hmmm. This is odd. Is it just the aspect ratio flag or do all the codec flag disappear? I'm not really sure what might cause this issue   

I have tested this in other skins and can confirm it is not a bug in Arctic: Zephyr 2.  
I agree with this. I have also tried several skins and the same thing happens. When playing a movie, the "aspect ratio" icon disappears. If the information in the movie is refreshed, it comes back again.
Greetings.
My native language is not English. Sorry for my expressions.
(2019-05-23, 16:08)sito1961 Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 15:37)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 11:50)jurialmunkey Wrote: Hmmm. This is odd. Is it just the aspect ratio flag or do all the codec flag disappear? I'm not really sure what might cause this issue   

I agree with this. I have also tried several skins and the same thing happens. When playing a movie, the "aspect ratio" icon disappears. If the information in the movie is refreshed, it comes back again.
Greetings.  

That's exactly the scenario I have. I might have to submit a bug report to the Kodi team.
Cinema: Epson EH-TW9300 | 125" scope fixed frame screen | Panasonic DMP-UB700 | Denon AVR-X4200W | AudioLab M-PWR | Monitor Audio Bronze 7.1.2 Atmos & DTS:X | Kodi (OSMC Vero 4K)
(2019-05-23, 16:15)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 16:08)sito1961 Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 15:37)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: I have tested this in other skins and can confirm it is not a bug in Arctic: Zephyr 2.    
Greetings.  

That's exactly the scenario I have. I might have to submit a bug report to the Kodi team.
Thanks for looking into this issue and confirming that it's not a skin issue.

Yes, please report it as a bug on the kodi github issues page if it hasn't already been reported.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
jurialmunkey , Thanks for your work ... I would like to know if there is a spare time, I would like to pay attention to PVR. I like the side menu during channel playback. Where I can also navigate the groups by simply placing them to the right and left sides.
(2019-05-24, 02:52)iorifly Wrote: jurialmunkey , Thanks for your work ... I would like to know if there is a spare time, I would like to pay attention to PVR. I like the side menu during channel playback. Where I can also navigate the groups by simply placing them to the right and left sides.
Yes some work will be done on pvr soon. I've just been very busy last few weeks, so not much time for skinning
(2019-05-24, 05:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 02:52)iorifly Wrote: jurialmunkey , Thanks for your work ... I would like to know if there is a spare time, I would like to pay attention to PVR. I like the side menu during channel playback. Where I can also navigate the groups by simply placing them to the right and left sides.
Yes some work will be done on pvr soon. I've just been very busy last few weeks, so not much time for skinning 
OK thank you! I'll be waiting. Once again. Thank you!
Jurialmunkey,

Recently bought a vero 4k+ (linux) and noticed a couple of things:

1) if you select to use poster for blurring purposes, in poster showcase view it will use the poster instead of fanart for background.

2) I can't get the ratings to show up using skinhelper

thanks
(2019-05-25, 20:43)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

1) if you select to use poster for blurring purposes, in poster showcase view it will use the poster instead of fanart for background.

thanks
1. Isn't that what's supposed to happen? Or is this with the option to blur only on info dialog? There's a similar bug on basic home with those options that I need to fix, so it's probably related.

2. Can't really offer much other than follow the instructions in first post - SH works fine for me.
(2019-05-26, 01:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-25, 20:43)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

thanks
1. Isn't that what's supposed to happen? Or is this with the option to blur only on info dialog? There's a similar bug on basic home with those options that I need to fix, so it's probably related.

2. Can't really offer much other than follow the instructions in first post - SH works fine for me.  
I hope this helps...

In background settings - check on fanart, blur background, only blur info dialog, prefer poster image for blur

With these options selected, I get poster as my background instead of fanart when I scroll through my movies

https://imgur.com/a/vNHPc4H
(2019-05-21, 15:43)7Eleven Wrote: Hi,

First of all. I absolutely love this skin. Don't think I'll ever use another one again.

There is one thing I want added to it, but if its not possible? That's OK to.

That is, when using the 'Last Played Channels' widget with the skin called Mimic. If you've got an EPG loaded, the channel names would change in to the live TV show that was playing at the moment, on that channel.

Example: instead of 'CBS HD' it would say 'Late Show with Stephen Colbert'.

I hope you could look into it. Thanks for your hard work.

I guess not Huh
(2019-05-26, 03:35)7Eleven Wrote:
(2019-05-21, 15:43)7Eleven Wrote: Hi,

First of all. I absolutely love this skin. Don't think I'll ever use another one again.

There is one thing I want added to it, but if its not possible? That's OK to.

That is, when using the 'Last Played Channels' widget with the skin called Mimic. If you've got an EPG loaded, the channel names would change in to the live TV show that was playing at the moment, on that channel.

Example: instead of 'CBS HD' it would say 'Late Show with Stephen Colbert'.

I hope you could look into it. Thanks for your hard work.

I guess not Huh

Literally only a few posts up I said I will be doing some work on PVR soon. I'm in the middle of moving house, so I've been extremely busy and I haven't had any time for skinning.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2856546
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226