• 18(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
(2019-06-19, 16:35)calexicoca Wrote: Is it just me but I cannot download from GitHub - it rolls "downloading..." but nothing happens?
@calexicoca , it might be something on your end.  I just tried downloading from GitHub and it worked.  I am using Windows.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Thanks to the invaluable help obtained from @Mr. V , I think I have been able to fix the main cause for lag with the widgets.  In order for this to work, you will have to go in and change something in your menu/widgets. It does not matter what you change, the important part is that you go into Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Menu and Shelves and then go back out.  Please test the latest from Git and let me know if you see any difference.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-19, 21:50)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Thanks to the invaluable help obtained from @Mr. V , I think I have been able to fix the main cause for lag with the widgets.  In order for this to work, you will have to go in and change something in your menu/widgets. It does not matter what you change, the important part is that you go into Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Menu and Shelves and then go back out.  Please test the latest from Git and let me know if you see any difference.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

WOW !!!

What a difference, they now load faster than I can move through the menu !

Great job Bart, you really pulled it out of the bag there.

Thanks to @Mr. V aswell
I have noticed a little bug on the "recently added episodes" widget that you modded for us.

I have added star trek season 3 recently

It shows on recently added as 1 item with the season 3 season poster and the season 3 label.

But when I click on it, instead of opening Season 3 it just starts playing the last episode of season 3.

Something you could fix ?

Thank you
@bsoriano 

Oh and by the way what happened to "a week or 2" lol.

How did you get it done so fast ? Not slept for 3 days ?

Appreciate you work Big Grin
(2019-06-19, 22:18)treboR2Robert Wrote: WOW !!!

Thanks to @Mr. V aswell 

This is running on my s912 device alongside PKC too, its pretty amazing how fast everything is, even the PKC widgets are rapid.

Thanks again
(2019-06-19, 22:25)treboR2Robert Wrote: I have noticed a little bug on the "recently added episodes" widget that you modded for us.

I have added star trek season 3 recently

It shows on recently added as 1 item with the season 3 season poster and the season 3 label.

But when I click on it, instead of opening Season 3 it just starts playing the last episode of season 3.

Something you could fix ?

Thank you

@treboR2Robert , I noticed this as well.  I have to investigate more to see if it is something I can control from the skin.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-19, 22:39)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2019-06-19, 22:18)treboR2Robert Wrote: WOW !!!

Thanks to @Mr. V aswell 

This is running on my s912 device alongside PKC too, its pretty amazing how fast everything is, even the PKC widgets are rapid.

Thanks again 

Excellent! Smile I am glad it's working better! Thank you for your patience and for testing.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-19, 22:36)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

Oh and by the way what happened to "a week or 2" lol.

How did you get it done so fast ? Not slept for 3 days ?

Appreciate you work Big Grin
Thanks!! Big Grin  I thought I was going to have to re-write all of the widget code, but it turned out that is was not necessary (after a patient hour from Mr. V explaining how skinshortcuts templates really work).

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart

Hello Bart,

Excellent job. It is so much smoother now. Thanks again for your work on Amber. My favourite skin is so much better now!  Big Grin
Someone was asking a while back about a way to transfer skin settings from one install to another. Not sure if it ever got answered but what I do is install skin.amber32 on the new box and not change the skin just yet. Then I go to the Userdata folder on the box I have all ready configured Amber Skinshortcuts on and copy the skin.amber32 folder to the Userdata folder on the new box. Then go to the script.skinshortcuts folder and copy all the entries that start with skin.amber32* to the script.skinshortcuts folder on the new box and reboot the box and change the skin to amber skinshortcuts and voila. It works for me. 

Sean
(2019-06-20, 04:41)Draega Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Hello Bart,

Excellent job. It is so much smoother now. Thanks again for your work on Amber. My favourite skin is so much better now!  Big Grin
Someone was asking a while back about a way to transfer skin settings from one install to another. Not sure if it ever got answered but what I do is install skin.amber32 on the new box and not change the skin just yet. Then I go to the Userdata folder on the box I have all ready configured Amber Skinshortcuts on and copy the skin.amber32 folder to the Userdata folder on the new box. Then go to the script.skinshortcuts folder and copy all the entries that start with skin.amber32* to the script.skinshortcuts folder on the new box and reboot the box and change the skin to amber skinshortcuts and voila. It works for me. 

Sean  
@Draega , thank you! I have not implemented a skin settings backup option yet.  I will be doing that with skin helper service backup, since it backs up your menu/widget configuration (skinshortcuts) as well as your skin settings.  The only quirk it has is that it backs up the complete folder from userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortctus, so it will backup the skinshortctus configuration for all of the skins you have installed that use skinshortcuts.

Your backup/restore process is great.  You could try also copying the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file in the skin's 1080i folder to the new box (put it the skin's 1080i folder in that box), besides the skin settings.  That file has your menu/submenu/widget configuration as well.  I have not tried it (yet), but I think that way you don't have to copy anything from the script.skinshortcuts folder from the userdata\addon_data folder.

Regards,

Bart
Hi!
Congratulations for your work with widgets!

I noticed that when you enable show double row shelves you can't switch between shelves, they only show 1 shelf.

I'm the only one to experience a little delay to load cast when open the video info?

You were able to reproduce that issue I said about poster in video info? (this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2861688)

Could you align the space of buttons between the infos and cast?

Thanks!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
Hello all,

I have just added a new set of options in Amber Settings: Backup/Restore.  This allows you to backup your skin configuration (including menu/submenu/widget configuration), restore your skin configuration from a backup, choose where your backups are stored, and also reset your skin configuration completely, including menu/submenu/widget configuration.

This is all done using the addon skin helper service backup.  Please test the latest from Git and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

I am getting close to merging this with current Amber.  There are two more tasks (along with fixing any bugs that show up) I will be working on before that:

1. Implementing a faster Next Aired shelf (episodes airing today).
2. Implementing random movie/tv show fanart as background without addons.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-20, 15:27)edjalmo Wrote: Hi!
Congratulations for your work with widgets!

I noticed that when you enable show double row shelves you can't switch between shelves, they only show 1 shelf.

I'm the only one to experience a little delay to load cast when open the video info?

You were able to reproduce that issue I said about poster in video info? (this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2861688)

Could you align the space of buttons between the infos and cast?

Thanks!
@edjalmo , thanks! 

I cannot reproduce the poster issue you mention, and I do not have any other platforms other than PC running Windows to test.

I understand you have the latest from Git, correct? I don't see a navigation issue when double row shelves are enabled, I can navigate between shelves correctly, both using horizontal and vertical menu.  Please let me know exactly what you are doing to see if I can reproduce.  Please remember that to switch between shelves you have to press Up.

I am not experiencing delay with the cast.  I will look into the spacing between the buttons row and the infos above and below it.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-20, 01:10)bsoriano Wrote: @treboR2Robert , I noticed this as well.  I have to investigate more to see if it is something I can control from the skin.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

Cool, that will be good if you can work something out with the widget..

That was lucky about not having to redo all the code, I noticed yesterday that on Aeon Nox Silvo @Mr. V is credited as doing the widgets.
Nice of him to help you out with amber too.

What you just said about random fanart is already working for me I think.
I just select one of the PKC playlists as the background for each menu item.

I have noticed since I reinstalled everything on my s912 that I am no longer getting a poster for the osd when playing movies. It displays a small fanart pic that I don't know where it came from. (not from my plex)
I think it may be because this time when I installed PKC I selected yes when it asked about getting extra fanart.
Just thought maybe you could add an option to select what to display.
Or not, it's not really a problem I'll just do a fresh install again and press NO this time.

Thanks Rob
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1