• 135(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-07-10, 04:15)cartman.dos Wrote: Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1
THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES, PLEASE BE AWARE!

This update is pretty massive, as it includes massive rewrites of complete sections in the skin or code, added features, bug fixing and so on.
Due to the extensive work that has been done from v1.02,
It'll be great if you guys could try this release candidate and report about bugs that/if you've noticed and I may have missed (with detailed description, please).
You may also give your feedback on the new stuff/cosmetics/performance, I always try to listen to your requests but note that at this point I only intend to address bugs and such to support the release.

Skin Helper Widgets
I've also released an update for skin helper widgets, that adds a new widget that is now used by default in bingie (if you're not installing fresh you have to reset menu to default or set the widget manually via skin helper widgets node). This widget is 'Continue Watching Episodes' and it comes to replace the use of 'Next Episodes'.
The change is delicate but important - it will fetch the last played episodes and will return them for you to continue or the next episode after the last one you watched. Difference is that 'Next Episodes' is returning episodes only for unwatched tvshows (so no re-watch) AND it returns the next UNWATCHED episode, so if you've fallen asleep and tv kept going or your gf want to watch a different episode or you just want to re-watch the series you won't be able with 'Next episodes'. In sum, it's like the continue watching widget for netflix.

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES
I'm not going to list ALL the changes (I honestly don't even remember at this point), but I'll list the main ones that come to mind and will update whenever I think of one that I've forgot about:
- Bingie home complete rewrite including the spotlight
- Most of the default widgets are now library-based/built-in for FASTER widget loading (Built-in 'Categories', 'My List' widgets have been added to widget choice dialog).
- Fixed Vertical movement redesigned and improved
- 2 new viewtypes - Bingie Main Landscape & Bingie Main Poster
- New: Categories Hub, used with the BUILT-IN categories widgets
- New Video buttons layout, OSD panel and functionality, also supports live tv (Bingie Video OSD in settings), new seek indicators
- OSD new functionality features: Rated mpaa pop-up right after playing, auto-close osd (transitioned from sh based to built in), auto pause when osd shows.
- New Hub: PVR Hub, with widgets for last played, channels, recordings and 'categories'. New layouts for information to channels and option to auto-preview channels (under general settings->trailers->allow pvr preview)
- New episodes tag supported in posters as well
- Improved 'Watch X now' logic, will now show 'Watch Season [last added season] Now' for tv show that has new episodes.
- REMOVED: forced views has been removed (it's a buggy mess), also some skin helper functions has either been removed or replaced with built-in skin to improve functionality and performance

This are mostly the new stuff, at least the ones that I can think of now,
beside that there has been major cosmetic changes, bug fixes, improvements, etc...

Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1
Skin Helper Widgets v1.1.2 (it's also on the official repo)

Nice digging it so far. The OSD and spotlight having its own widget row are the only changes I have noticed from my previous setup but welcome additions. I was hoping the new Netflix style showcase widget veiwtype with the expanding trailers would be included but cant find it. Are you waiting for the stop refresh pull request to be implemented to kodi or an i just missing it somewhere?
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-07-10, 14:45)cscott1 Wrote:

This update is pretty massive, as it includes massive rewrites of complete sections in the skin or code, added features, bug fixing and so on.
It'll be great if you guys could try this release candidate and report about bugs that/if you've noticed and I may have missed (with detailed description, please).
You may also give your feedback on the new stuff/cosmetics/performance, I always try to listen to your requests but note that at this point I only intend to address bugs and such to support the release.

Skin Helper Widgets
I've also released an update for skin helper widgets, that adds a new widget that is now used by default in bingie (if you're not installing fresh you have to reset menu to default or set the widget manually via skin helper widgets node). This widget is 'Continue Watching Episodes' and it comes to replace the use of 'Next Episodes'.
The change is delicate but important - it will fetch the last played episodes and will return them for you to continue or the next episode after the last one you watched. Difference is that 'Next Episodes' is returning episodes only for unwatched tvshows (so no re-watch) AND it returns the next UNWATCHED episode, so if you've fallen asleep and tv kept going or your gf want to watch a different episode or you just want to re-watch the series you won't be able with 'Next episodes'. In sum, it's like the continue watching widget for netflix.

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES
I'm not going to list ALL the changes (I honestly don't even remember at this point), but I'll list the main ones that come to mind and will update whenever I think of one that I've forgot about:
- Most of the default widgets are now library-based/built-in for FASTER widget loading (Built-in 'Categories', 'My List' widgets have been added to widget choice dialog).
- New Video buttons layout, OSD panel and functionality, also supports live tv (Bingie Video OSD in settings), new seek indicators
- OSD new functionality features: Rated mpaa pop-up right after playing, auto-close osd (transitioned from sh based to built in), auto pause when osd shows.
- New Hub: PVR Hub, with widgets for last played, channels, recordings and 'categories'. New layouts for information to channels and option to auto-preview channels (under general settings->trailers->allow pvr preview)
- Improved 'Watch X now' logic, will now show 'Watch Season [last added season] Now' for tv show that has new episodes.
- REMOVED: forced views has been removed (it's a buggy mess), also some skin helper functions has either been removed or replaced with built-in skin to improve functionality and performance

beside that there has been major cosmetic changes, bug fixes, improvements, etc...

Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1

Nice digging it so far. The OSD and spotlight having its own widget row are the only changes I have noticed from my previous setup but welcome additions. I was hoping the new Netflix style showcase widget veiwtype with the expanding trailers would be included but cant find it. Are you waiting for the stop refresh pull request to be implemented to kodi or an i just missing it somewhere?

If you've upgraded from v1.02 I'm surprised that this is all you notice, especially as I thought we're sharing the same ocd. Smile

The new widget layout is actually hidden in the code, not available to use and not 100% ready. Two big issues with it caused me to drop it at least temporarily:
1) only users using a compiled version of Kodi with my pr can enjoy it, others (99%) will have a huge buggy mess or just couldn't use the auto trailer part which is making this layout almost useless.
2) for it to work I must know the position ahead of time or force a position, both are not possible in current widget structure.

I will probably start working now on separating from titan and becoming independent skin and independent of sh. Then I could change some of the core stuff, like widget config structure but if the pr won't go through then trailer playing will never work properly and will be too buggy for users.
(2019-07-10, 15:03)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 14:45)cscott1 Wrote:

Skin Helper Widgets

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES

Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1

If you've upgraded from v1.02 I'm surprised that this is all you notice, especially as I thought we're sharing the same ocd. Smile

The new widget layout is actually hidden in the code, not available to use and not 100% ready. Two big issues with it caused me to drop it at least temporarily:
1) only users using a compiled version of Kodi with my pr can enjoy it, others (99%) will have a huge buggy mess or just couldn't use the auto trailer part which is making this layout almost useless.
2) for it to work I must know the position ahead of time or force a position, both are not possible in current widget structure.

I will probably start working now on separating from titan and becoming independent skin and independent of sh. Then I could change some of the core stuff, like widget config structure but if the pr won't go through then trailer playing will never work properly and will be too buggy for users.

I had upgraded as far as i could with the git stuff without going into the 1.3 WIP as you said it wasnt stable and you had went another direction on some things. I havent spent a lot of time with the .3 RC yet im sure ill discover more in the days to come. Thanks for the update will report anything I come across.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-07-10, 15:47)cscott1 Wrote: I had upgraded as far as i could with the git stuff without going into the 1.3 WIP as you said it wasnt stable and you had went another direction on some things. I havent spent a lot of time with the .3 RC yet im sure ill discover more in the days to come. Thanks for the update will report anything I come across. 

Sure, btw, the categories start from where they should (first) don't know if you noticed. and now up to 50 widgets supported with fixed vertical if you want to add more...
(2019-07-10, 04:15)cartman.dos Wrote: Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES, PLEASE BE AWARE!

Skin Helper Widgets

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES

watch gallery
Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1Skin Helper Widgets v1.1.2 (it's also on the official repo)
Does this mean you have to copy the files over for the textures file?

I know you said PVR hub requires fixed frame on, can you still get the PVR widgets on the homescreen without fixed frame? I don't turn it on so I can get landscape TV widgets.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
(2019-07-10, 16:38)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Does this mean you have to copy the files over for the textures file?

I know you said PVR hub requires fixed frame on, can you still get the PVR widgets on the homescreen without fixed frame? I don't turn it on so I can get landscape TV widgets. 

Nope. Just install the zip.
About PVR hub - Should work either way, if not, let me know Smile
(2019-07-10, 16:36)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 15:47)cscott1 Wrote: I had upgraded as far as i could with the git stuff without going into the 1.3 WIP as you said it wasnt stable and you had went another direction on some things. I havent spent a lot of time with the .3 RC yet im sure ill discover more in the days to come. Thanks for the update will report anything I come across. 

Sure, btw, the categories start from where they should (first) don't know if you noticed. and now up to 50 widgets supported with fixed vertical if you want to add more...

I had noticed categoris fix just forgot to mention it thanks for that...not sure if i can come up with more netflix like widgets than i have already 33 or so but ill try lol.
(2019-07-10, 16:44)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 16:38)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Does this mean you have to copy the files over for the textures file?

Nope. Just install the zip.
About PVR hub - Should work either way, if not, let me know Smile 

Just updated and my PlexKodiConnect On Deck widget (for tv shows) has changed to the 1st image https://imgur.com/a/7cdkPq3 but it used to look (2nd image https://imgur.com/a/7cdkPq3) the same as my smart playlist widgers.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
(2019-07-10, 17:04)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Just updated and my PlexKodiConnect On Deck widget (for tv shows) has changed to the 1st image https://imgur.com/a/7cdkPq3 but it used to look (2nd image https://imgur.com/a/7cdkPq3) the same as my smart playlist widgers. 

Well, since both images are the same one I'd say it hasn't changed at all Big Grin
(2019-07-10, 17:09)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:04)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Just updated and my PlexKodiConnect On Deck widget (for tv shows) has changed to the 1st image https://imgur.com/a/7cdkPq3 but it used to look (2nd image https://imgur.com/a/7cdkPq3) the same as my smart playlist widgers. 

Well, since both images are the same one I'd say it hasn't changed at all Big Grin 

The plot info has disappeared and the info was at the far top.
(2019-07-10, 17:12)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:09)cartman.dos Wrote:

That's the episode layout, if skin detects item as episode that's what you're gonna see. no more option to add more info to episode layout. if you want to see more info then you'll have to click on it to enter info dialog.
(2019-07-10, 17:15)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:12)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:09)cartman.dos Wrote: Well, since both images are the same one I'd say it hasn't changed at all Big Grin  

That's the episode layout, if skin detects item as episode that's what you're gonna see. no more option to add more info to episode layout. if you want to see more info then you'll have to click on it to enter info dialog. 

Ah, is that a change in the .RC?
(2019-07-10, 17:22)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:15)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:12)louisefindlay23 Wrote: The plot info has disappeared and the info was at the far top.  

change from v1.0.2, was also in the last version you tested.
(2019-07-10, 04:15)cartman.dos Wrote: Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES, PLEASE BE AWARE!

Skin Helper Widgets

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES

watch gallery
Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1Skin Helper Widgets v1.1.2 (it's also on the official repo)
Hi Cartman
great stuff, one thing i do noticed is that the Fanart in Bingie 1.03 has too much Zoom-In in Bingie view, here is 2 examples how movies's Fanart looks on 1.02 VS 1.03 (for some Movie's Fanarts this is critical) :

In Order of disappearance
https://ibb.co/VMWPLLX 1.03
https://ibb.co/T8F47wM  1.02

US
https://ibb.co/1MxXCc7 1.03
https://ibb.co/hsZWdCD 1.02
(2019-07-10, 17:26)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:22)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:15)cartman.dos Wrote: That's the episode layout, if skin detects item as episode that's what you're gonna see. no more option to add more info to episode layout. if you want to see more info then you'll have to click on it to enter info dialog.  

change from v1.0.2, was also in the last version you tested. 

Aww, Sad. That's one of my favourite parts on the Next Episodes widgets. I can decide which episode to play depending on how exciting the plot sounds.
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26