• 595(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
After the latest update when watching live TV with simple IPTV client i cant go to the menu bar anymore. So meaning if its on a channel and i click OK with the remote to let the menu come up i cant select anything. Im running Kodi on a Shield all the latest updates. TV remote navigation brings up/down to the next channel. Left and right usually could navigate in the menu but now cant. 
(2019-09-08, 15:50)darksnake Wrote: After the latest update when watching live TV with simple IPTV client i cant go to the menu bar anymore. So meaning if its on a channel and i click OK with the remote to let the menu come up i cant select anything. Im running Kodi on a Shield all the latest updates. TV remote navigation brings up/down to the next channel. Left and right usually could navigate in the menu but now cant. 

Same here, CoreElec 9.0.3 and 9.1 nightly, the buttons show up but are inaccessible. I had to downgrade to the latest version in Silvo Repo to get the functionality back but then I lost description in movie collections.
@darksnake
@flyboysek

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2882965
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-08, 22:42)Karellen Wrote: @darksnake
@flyboysek

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2882965

thx
Hi All,

Just bought an nVidia Shield and I cannot get my already previously worked Fanart for my music o work at all on Kodi 18.4.

I tried searching for the issue and I've encountered that there were some changes in the extended artwork, and I wanted to ask what is the guide I should follow to configure Artist Slideshow?

And if there is anything else (except adding the fanart folder in the skin as well) that I should do for my local artwork to work again.

P.S - Lyrics are not working either for some reason...
@guandms

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341179

But if you are asking specifically about Artist Slideshow, your question is better asked in the add-on thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is it possible to remove clearart from the pause screen while retaining the Netflix style overlay?  I've not been able to find a solution via searching the forum.  Thanks for any advice.

Also, the viewtype for my movies collection changes back to listview by itself fairly regularly and needs to be reset.  I've switched off all the viewtypes except MyFlix but its still happening.  Any ideas how to rectify this and make a specific viewtype stick?
Is it possible to change the 'Startup Intro' video in the 'Extras' options, without having to modify the skin, so that a replacement video doesn't get overwritten on a skin update?
Not sure if this is an intentional change, but since upgrading to 7.0.6, I have lost the End Time on the seekbar when pressing Info while playing a full-screen video:

In the above, the previous version would show "9:27 AM [11:11 AM]".

However, when pausing a full screen video, the seekbar shows the End Time:

I know the End Time on the Info screen is also shown above the seekbar, but I find it easier to see it on the seekbar if quickly switching to the Info page. I can't find a setting that may enable this, but I could have missed it. The End Time was definitely there on the last release. Anyway to reinstate this? Thanks.
(2019-09-09, 15:32)stovies Wrote: Is it possible to remove clearart from the pause screen while retaining the Netflix style overlay?  I've not been able to find a solution via searching the forum.  Thanks for any advice.

Also, the viewtype for my movies collection changes back to listview by itself fairly regularly and needs to be reset.  I've switched off all the viewtypes except MyFlix but its still happening.  Any ideas how to rectify this and make a specific viewtype stick?

Well anything is possible if you put your mind to it Wink You'd have to mod the skin to remove it.

If you're using one of those shitty add-ons then you have to change the settings for it regarding forcing a view mode.

If you are using the Kodi library then after changing a view mode once it sets it for all of the same type but if you open a new collection and change it you are just changing it for that collection overriding the one you set for all the first time you changed it. Not sure if I explained that well enough...

If you delete the ViewModes6.db file in your userdata (wiki)/Database folder and re-select the option you want then it should stick for all the others as well until you change it again. I try to always change it for the same item when choosing a different view so it changes it for all instead of just that one item. You can also edit the db file yourself using something like DB Browser for SQLite.

(2019-09-09, 21:52)Jeffers24 Wrote: Is it possible to change the 'Startup Intro' video in the 'Extras' options, without having to modify the skin, so that a replacement video doesn't get overwritten on a skin update?

No cause the implementation requires a specific length to the video or manually changing the milliseconds in Startup.xml.

If you want to mod the skin and keep updates then I suggest to start using a program like SmartGit to keep your local changes and rebase them on top of mine. It will also help with learning skinning by showing you conflicts that may need to be resolved and you can compare the differences between the code changes.

(2019-09-10, 10:55)renzz Wrote: Not sure if this is an intentional change, but since upgrading to 7.0.6, I have lost the End Time on the seekbar when pressing Info while playing a full-screen video:

In the above, the previous version would show "9:27 AM [11:11 AM]".

However, when pausing a full screen video, the seekbar shows the End Time:

I know the End Time on the Info screen is also shown above the seekbar, but I find it easier to see it on the seekbar if quickly switching to the Info page. I can't find a setting that may enable this, but I could have missed it. The End Time was definitely there on the last release. Anyway to reinstate this? Thanks.

It has been this way for awhile so doubtful it worked with last release. It looks like you're using a modified skin that's adding a black border around the info screen elements and it is impossible for me to know what else has been changed.

That could be why you thought it worked previously but like I said it has been that way for awhile now.

If you want to show it again then simply delete this line:
xml:

<value condition="[Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + [VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos)]] | [Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.AddonInfo) + ![VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording | VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos)]] | [Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.RecordingInfo) + Pvr.IsPlayingRecording]">$INFO[System.Time]</value>
From the SeekLabelVar in Variables.xml
xml:

<variable name="SeekLabelVar">
<value condition="Player.IsTempo">[COLOR $VAR[ThemeLabelColor]]$LOCALIZE[224]:[/COLOR]$INFO[Player.Playspeed, ]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekStepSize)">[COLOR $VAR[ThemeLabelColor]]$LOCALIZE[31046][/COLOR]$INFO[Player.SeekStepSize, ]</value>
<value condition="Player.Caching + Integer.IsGreater(Player.CacheLevel,5)">$INFO[Player.CacheLevel,$LOCALIZE[15107] ,%]</value>
<value condition="[Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + [VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos)]] | [Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.AddonInfo) + ![VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording | VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos)]] | [Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.RecordingInfo) + Pvr.IsPlayingRecording]">$INFO[System.Time]</value>
<value>$INFO[System.Time]$INFO[Player.FinishTime, [,]]</value>
</variable>
(2019-09-10, 16:11)mikeSiLVO Wrote: It has been this way for awhile so doubtful it worked with last release. It looks like you're using a modified skin that's adding a black border around the info screen elements and it is impossible for me to know what else has been changed.

That could be why you thought it worked previously but like I said it has been that way for awhile now.

If you want to show it again then simply delete this line:
xml:

From the SeekLabelVar in Variables.xml
xml:

<variable name="SeekLabelVar">
<value condition="Player.IsTempo">[COLOR $VAR[ThemeLabelColor]]$LOCALIZE[224]:[/COLOR]$INFO[Player.Playspeed, ]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekStepSize)">[COLOR $VAR[ThemeLabelColor]]$LOCALIZE[31046][/COLOR]$INFO[Player.SeekStepSize, ]</value>
<value condition="Player.Caching + Integer.IsGreater(Player.CacheLevel,5)">$INFO[Player.CacheLevel,$LOCALIZE[15107] ,%]</value>
<value>$INFO[System.Time]$INFO[Player.FinishTime, [,]]</value>
</variable>

It's the bog-standard skin but it looks odd in the screenshots as these were of a VNC session into a different box where I run Kodi. I'm sure the End Time was there on the last release but I seem to recall it wasn't on the release before that.

Anyway, I made the change suggested and that has brought it back. Perhaps I could ask it be formally reinstated at the next release, or possibly an option to enable it if required?

Thanks again.
(2019-09-10, 16:11)mikeSiLVO Wrote: If you delete the ViewModes6.db file in your userdata (wiki)/Database folder and re-select the option you want then it should stick for all the others as well until you change it again. I try to always change it for the same item when choosing a different view so it changes it for all instead of just that one item. You can also edit the db file yourself using something like DB Browser for SQLite.
(2019-09-09, 21:52)Jeffers24 Wrote:  
Cheers!  That worked Smile

One final request.  Currently, on the information page, the video information text gets the focus.  I wondered if it might be better if the play button was the initial focus?  I almost always move up to play.  Just a thought.  It's a fab skin.  Nothing else comes close.  Thanks again for making it.
(2019-09-10, 18:52)stovies Wrote: Cheers!  That worked Smile

One final request.  Currently, on the information page, the video information text gets the focus.  I wondered if it might be better if the play button was the initial focus?  I almost always move up to play.  Just a thought.  It's a fab skin.  Nothing else comes close.  Thanks again for making it.

Nope.
Play button is always focused unless you have CinemaVision installed and enabled the option to replace the play button with it or on the home window and it is a TV Show cause then it focuses on the Browse button.
Am i doing something wrong?

Form a main menu item, i set widget1 to call up video addons and to sort them in last played order and descending. It seem the order is always alphabetical but the Ascending or Descending works OK.

It seems depending on what i point the widget to this sort order work for some and not other like Addons.
Do i need to change some settings or need a skin helper or is it just something about the Addons list.

I may be answering my own question, but while testing i noticed if i call up Video Addons in kodi and try to sort that list it only gives two option, Name and Date added. So maybe it is limited just for Addons lists.

Kodi 18.4
Latest Silvo
(2019-09-11, 04:49)Rainey222 Wrote: Am i doing something wrong?

Form a main menu item, i set widget1 to call up video addons and to sort them in last played order and descending. It seem the order is always alphabetical but the Ascending or Descending works OK.

It seems depending on what i point the widget to this sort order work for some and not other like Addons.
Do i need to change some settings or need a skin helper or is it just something about the Addons list.

I may be answering my own question, but while testing i noticed if i call up Video Addons in kodi and try to sort that list it only gives two option, Name and Date added. So maybe it is limited just for Addons lists.

Kodi 18.4
Latest Silvo

Nothing to change. As you figured out yourself some of them allow sorting and others do not.
That's why I wanted to remove those from the Widget customizer but some found it useful for the ones where it does work. I never knew which ones it didn't work for but it does for playlists and other limited types...
  • 595(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55