• 596(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I started to add a preset white theme independent of the color customization and it is the very early stages but I want to gauge the interest in it before I committed to it any further.

It needs some work but here is what I got so far:

If interested in an all white theme or have any feedback on it let me know.

If anybody can assist with some image adjusting/making, if this progresses, then please let me know.
(2019-09-12, 20:20)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I started to add a preset white theme independent of the color customization and it is the very early stages but I want to gauge the interest in it before I committed to it any further.

If anybody can assist with some image adjusting/making, if this progresses, then please let me know.

Not something that would interest me Mike.
(2019-09-12, 20:50)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 20:20)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I started to add a preset white theme independent of the color customization and it is the very early stages but I want to gauge the interest in it before I committed to it any further.

Not something that would interest me Mike. 

I agree not a fan of white, most people use a darker theme, i know some will like it, but it is harder to see things on a white back ground and some TV's just don't do white that great so each TV may look different some bright and some grayed out.

It looks really nice, just need to pay attention not to hurt the eyes and that's it.

Something else, I noticed that when playing UHD HDR movies, sometimes when I stop the movie the HDR colors are still present, and without reboot / playing another HDR movie and stop it again, the colors persist and it looks bad.

I'm on nVidia Shield + Kodi 18.4

Do you have any suggestions?

Since you asked for opinions - I prefer darker themes. I feel that white will get boring real fast once the novelty wears off.

I don’t know how you find the time to be working on all these things - requests, bugs, fixes, updates Huh . But if you are looking to change things up a bit maybe look into implementing a flat UI. By flat I mean straight lines, no gradients, no accents, etc. Some other skins already have that but I am too comfortable with this skin to switch lol.
My two cents - Nah. I'm OLD. White is too bright and nearly blinds me...like snow blind! I suppose there are some that will like it though and it is your skin. Since I can always change it to something else it really doesn't matter too much other than it would be kind of hard to deal with as a default.
(2019-09-13, 12:31)guandms Wrote: It looks really nice, just need to pay attention not to hurt the eyes and that's it.

Something else, I noticed that when playing UHD HDR movies, sometimes when I stop the movie the HDR colors are still present, and without reboot / playing another HDR movie and stop it again, the colors persist and it looks bad.

I'm on nVidia Shield + Kodi 18.4

Do you have any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to ask in a more appropriate section of the forum cause the skin has no control over what and how Kodi plays content it is only the "Look & Feel".

I don't have an HDR TV yet so I don't know anything about how Kodi displays HDR content.

(2019-09-13, 13:10)monisriz Wrote: Since you asked for opinions - I prefer darker themes. I feel that white will get boring real fast once the novelty wears off.

I don’t know how you find the time to be working on all these things - requests, bugs, fixes, updates Huh . But if you are looking to change things up a bit maybe look into implementing a flat UI. By flat I mean straight lines, no gradients, no accents, etc. Some other skins already have that but I am too comfortable with this skin to switch lol.

The skin already is Dark so it's good you prefer that Tongue

Do you have examples of the gradients and where elements would benefit from a Flat UI?

(2019-09-13, 14:45)flhthemi Wrote: My two cents - Nah. I'm OLD. White is too bright and nearly blinds me...like snow blind! I suppose there are some that will like it though and it is your skin. Since I can always change it to something else it really doesn't matter too much other than it would be kind of hard to deal with as a default.

Wouldn't be default, just an option. It would take a lot of work to implement a white theme so I'm only gonna add it if there is enough interest in it but so far there doesn't seem to be... Undecided

FYI to PVR users.
Latest changes on GitHub have an updated Group Manager adding icons and the latest skin engine changes for Matrix.
If anybody cares enough to test it out and report any issues, that'd be swell... Wink
Mike, while you have that white build snapshot up...
The artwork of the motherboard in the background behind the settings window...
I'd like to replace that artwork with just a simple solid color.  I have a jpg.  Where do I navigate to locate that artwork?  I assume the other settings windows can have their backgrounds replaced also.  If not, is there an opacity adjustment I can change?  Tbh, when dealing with adjustments, those backgrounds distract me and look too busy for my taste.  Seeking more of a vanilla look.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-13, 16:15)brazen1 Wrote: Mike, while you have that white build snapshot up...
The artwork of the motherboard in the background behind the settings window...
I'd like to replace that artwork with just a simple solid color.  I have a jpg.  Where do I navigate to locate that artwork?  I assume the other settings windows can have their backgrounds replaced also.  If not, is there an opacity adjustment I can change?  Tbh, when dealing with adjustments, those backgrounds distract me and look too busy for my taste.  Seeking more of a vanilla look.

Anywhere related to settings where you can open the SideMenu:

Including Skin Settings:

Man... you are quick and efficient.  Thank you.  I'll give it a go.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-13, 16:26)brazen1 Wrote: Man... you are quick and efficient.  Thank you.  I'll give it a go.

You're welcome. Another tip is to look for the menu indicator icon in the top bar to know when you can open the sidemenu for additional settings:
It's the hamburger lookin button thingy Wink
Yep.  Just as you pointed out.  I set one background, and it took care of the all the others.  Never even noticed the hamburger icon to access instead sidebar.  Very nice as usual.  Thanks again.

(2019-09-13, 16:13)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 13:10)monisriz Wrote: Since you asked for opinions - I prefer darker themes. I feel that white will get boring real fast once the novelty wears off.

The skin already is Dark so it's good you prefer that Tongue

Do you have examples of the gradients and where elements would benefit from a Flat UI?

I am not sure if gradients is the right word but I can give you one example off the top of my head. In MyFlix view, the fanart is pushed towards the right top of the screen and the left side of the fanart is sort of covered by a "gradient" or some sort of overlay with blurring/fading effect. This transition area where the left "info" area meets the fanart looks a bit rough and it's not a smooth transition. It looks fine if the fanart is of a dark color but on a white or light colored fanart it looks a bit jarring.. I can confirm that this only happens when this overlay/gradient is in place and this effect goes away when I press down a couple of times to view the full screen fanart. I hope I was able to explain it in words.. below is a screenshot to illustrate the point and the actual image. The image itself doesn't have any banding..

https://imgur.com/a/2Yz2SaY

Similar gradient related banding is visible in a few other places as well. I think BigFan view uses it too if I remember correctly..
Also I don't believe this banding issue has anything to do with the display as I don't see it in any of the demo videos or test patterns or solid colors images - I have tested it thoroughly.

I know it's not a huge thing and I am probably nitpicking Laugh .
Thanks for being awesome!
(2019-09-13, 21:05)monisriz Wrote: I am not sure if gradients is the right word but I can give you one example off the top of my head. In MyFlix view, the fanart is pushed towards the right top of the screen and the left side of the fanart is sort of covered by a "gradient" or some sort of overlay with blurring/fading effect. This transition area where the left "info" area meets the fanart looks a bit rough and it's not a smooth transition. It looks fine if the fanart is of a dark color but on a white or light colored fanart it looks a bit jarring.. I can confirm that this only happens when this overlay/gradient is in place and this effect goes away when I press down a couple of times to view the full screen fanart. I hope I was able to explain it in words.. below is a screenshot to illustrate the point and the actual image. The image itself doesn't have any banding..

https://imgur.com/a/2Yz2SaY

Similar gradient related banding is visible in a few other places as well. I think BigFan view uses it too if I remember correctly..
Also I don't believe this banding issue has anything to do with the display as I don't see it in any of the demo videos or test patterns or solid colors images - I have tested it thoroughly.

I know it's not a huge thing and I am probably nitpicking Laugh .
Thanks for being awesome!

Ah, you mean the diffused image. It is like that cause a regular ol' image would look stupid so it blends it away to black instead of just the straight lines.

VS.

Not sure how best to adjust the image to eliminate that "banding" though...

I would like to see it happen, white is simple and clean. If you decide not to do it, would love a copy of what you've done
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
  • 596(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55