• 176(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
that comes from addon you can disable bold font because the addon already has it

1) Can someone tell me how to remove the loading/buffering red ring circle from the splash screen? Or delay the time it starts so it doesnt overlap my custom video splash screen. My goal is for the intro video to play then when its done the buffer rings kicks in for the 2-3 seconds it takes to load the home screen.

2) The star ratings show only in landscape view but not in poster view unless you press "Info" "i" then you see them. Is there a way to edit the xml so the stars rating show always on the poster view? I think its a glitch because when you switch to landscape view and go back to poster view you can see the star ratings but after closing and restarting kodi or switching screens its like it resets back to default. 

3) Instead of the % watch number l, can it be changed to the red line on the bottom...to give it more of that authentic netflix "feel"?

4) On the home menu side bar, the home tab is always highlighted with a darker grey even if you highlight others like "movies" "tv shows" with the light silver/grey the home is always hightlighted on grey. Is there a way to change this. Ill include a picture for reference.  https://ibb.co/0hFWZPW
(2019-11-09, 20:55)ESCO1 Wrote: 1) Can someone tell me how to remove the loading/buffering red ring circle from the splash screen? Or delay the time it starts so it doesnt overlap my custom video splash screen. My goal is for the intro video to play then when its done the buffer rings kicks in for the 2-3 seconds it takes to load the home screen.

2) The star ratings show only in landscape view but not in poster view unless you press "Info" "i" then you see them. Is there a way to edit the xml so the stars rating show always on the poster view? I think its a glitch because when you switch to landscape view and go back to poster view you can see the star ratings but after closing and restarting kodi or switching screens its like it resets back to default. 

3) Instead of the % watch number l, can it be changed to the red line on the bottom...to give it more of that authentic netflix "feel"?

4) On the home menu side bar, the home tab is always highlighted with a darker grey even if you highlight others like "movies" "tv shows" with the light silver/grey the home is always hightlighted on grey. Is there a way to change this. Ill include a picture for reference.  https://ibb.co/0hFWZPW

Esco1 what are you running Kodi on? It kind of helps when you tell people if you are PC, Pi this that and the other.

I just looked at your picture you have not set this up properly and that is for sure. 

It sounds as if you are using low end hardware to have a buffering screen, especially from a splash screen.

You are totally a mess from seeing your picture, I don't mean that in a bad way, but your genre pictures with the text should not be happening, you need help and a lot of help setting this skin up correctly.

It is not an out of the box experience, to get the Netflix experience you need to adjust some settings.

You really need to take some screen grabs from your skin settings so someone can tell you what to turn on and turn off.

I can try and help you set this up properly but I am at a disadvantage at the moment as I have a lot of building work going on where I live at the moment, and my home cinema PC is only hooked up to the TV at the moment where before I had monitor and TV set up so I could either use the monitor for close up work, and the TV just for viewing.

However, it is going to help people to help you know what you are running on, I have custom splash and then intro video and I am fine and dandy
(2019-11-09, 20:55)ESCO1 Wrote: 4) On the home menu side bar, the home tab is always highlighted with a darker grey even if you highlight others like "movies" "tv shows" with the light silver/grey the home is always hightlighted on grey. Is there a way to change this. Ill include a picture for reference.  https://ibb.co/0hFWZPW

Thats basically telling you on which page you are right now, the way this skin works is that you set up "hubs" under each of those menu items, like a movies hub or tv shows hub etc, the home screen is a hub as well, so if you select movies, the light grey shade will highlight movies instead of home because youre in the movies hub instead of home. also dont forget that home screen widgets are detached from the categories side blade menu.
(2019-11-09, 13:26)RayDawGGG Wrote: Is it possible to change my poster art to 1:1 aspect ratio, instead of the 2:3 default ratio? My movie posters are squared like CD boxart versus rectangular cinema movie posters.

Ok... I figured it out. My question was worded incorrectly. It's possible to change the aspect ratio of poster art with any graphics program. That's not what i wanted to ask. My posters are being stretched to the 2:3 aspect ratio in the various views, instead of keeping the native 1:1 aspect ratio. I wanted to ask for assistance on stopping them from being stretched. The answer is... XML tag format
To have them not stretched, you have to change the aspect ratio in the various xml viewtypes from (example)  <aspectratio align="right" aligny="center">stretch</aspectratio> to <aspectratio align="right" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>
This fixed my issue. Thanks anyway.
(2019-11-10, 21:37)Video Titles Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 20:55)ESCO1 Wrote: 1) Can someone tell me how to remove the loading/buffering red ring circle from the splash screen? Or delay the time it starts so it doesnt overlap my custom video splash screen. My goal is for the intro video to play then when its done the buffer rings kicks in for the 2-3 seconds it takes to load the home screen.

Esco1 what are you running Kodi on? It kind of helps when you tell people if you are PC, Pi this that and the other.

I just looked at your picture you have not set this up properly and that is for sure. 

It sounds as if you are using low end hardware to have a buffering screen, especially from a splash screen.

You are totally a mess from seeing your picture, I don't mean that in a bad way, but your genre pictures with the text should not be happening, you need help and a lot of help setting this skin up correctly.

It is not an out of the box experience, to get the Netflix experience you need to adjust some settings.

You really need to take some screen grabs from your skin settings so someone can tell you what to turn on and turn off.

I can try and help you set this up properly but I am at a disadvantage at the moment as I have a lot of building work going on where I live at the moment, and my home cinema PC is only hooked up to the TV at the moment where before I had monitor and TV set up so I could either use the monitor for close up work, and the TV just for viewing.

However, it is going to help people to help you know what you are running on, I have custom splash and then intro video and I am fine and dandy 

Hey @Video Titles,
Here are my specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz,  4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: Z170I PRO GAMING
32.0 GB RAM
GTX1070i

Now I know it may not be the most high end hardware but i don't think its the worse either. I do graphics, after effects editing and run some high end pc games and emulators smoothly. I been using kodi for years now and I never had an issue with a skin because my pc was "too slow" The red buffering ring is part of the skin for the splash intro but I just want to be able to remove it or delay when it starts so that it doesnt overlap my video intro. As far as the home menu being always highlighted i think its a glitch because i can select movies,tv,etc and the darker grey box around home is always there. I don't know what you mean about the genre icons and everything being setup wrong!Huh? You got all this from one screenshot? The same way you assume my pc was crap? Please don't assume anything. Am here to find help from the community not to get bashed. So if you are willing to help then please do so but if you don't have the time then why even bother posting your comment? "I cant help you" but your pc is low end and so is your kodi setupHuh? Thanks!Huh??
(2019-11-12, 00:56)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 13:26)RayDawGGG Wrote: Is it possible to change my poster art to 1:1 aspect ratio, instead of the 2:3 default ratio? My movie posters are squared like CD boxart versus rectangular cinema movie posters.

Ok... I figured it out. My question was worded incorrectly. It's possible to change the aspect ratio of poster art with any graphics program. That's not what i wanted to ask. My posters are being stretched to the 2:3 aspect ratio in the various views, instead of keeping the native 1:1 aspect ratio. I wanted to ask for assistance on stopping them from being stretched. The answer is... XML tag format
To have them not stretched, you have to change the aspect ratio in the various xml viewtypes from (example)  <aspectratio align="right" aligny="center">stretch</aspectratio> to <aspectratio align="right" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>

Sorry I couldnt help you because am a noob at editing and finding which and what part to tweak on xml....at the end of the day youre better off figuring things out on your own.
(2019-11-13, 00:12)ESCO1 Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 00:56)RayDawGGG Wrote:

Sorry I couldnt help you because am a noob at editing and finding which and what part to tweak on xml....at the end of the day youre better off figuring things out on your own. 
Thanks for responding!. I'm still struggling to figure out what xml does what. It fixed my issue.. now i have to figure out how to adjust the background shadow behind my posters smh.. the saga continues...
(2019-11-12, 18:53)ESCO1 Wrote:

Hey @Video Titles,
Here are my specs:
32.0 GB RAM
GTX1070i

Now I know it may not be the most high end hardware but i don't think its the worse either. I do graphics, after effects editing and run some high end pc games and emulators smoothly. I been using kodi for years now and I never had an issue with a skin because my pc was "too slow" The red buffering ring is part of the skin for the splash intro but I just want to be able to remove it or delay when it starts so that it doesnt overlap my video intro. As far as the home menu being always highlighted i think its a glitch because i can select movies,tv,etc and the darker grey box around home is always there. I don't know what you mean about the genre icons and everything being setup wrong!Huh? You got all this from one screenshot? The same way you assume my pc was crap? Please don't assume anything. Am here to find help from the community not to get bashed. So if you are willing to help then please do so but if you don't have the time then why even bother posting your comment? "I cant help you" but your pc is low end and so is your kodi setupHuh? Thanks!Huh?? 
Cisco your PC is more than powerful enough in fact it is more powerful than my home cinema set up. However, the only time that I have a ring is when it is updating, so it sounds as if possibly you have your library auto updating as soon as kodi is loaded.

You would need to turn auto update off.

The skin itself is not fully optimised and really is not even completed yet, there are still bugs that have to be sorted out. However, I am not sure what has happened to the development of this skin as the skin producer has not commented for quite a few weeks now.

However, I would check your attitude if you want people to help you. Firstly I never said ANYWHERE that your system was CRAP. I asked you what you was running this on, a PC, a PI etc so people had a better idea of why your system might be slow. 

If you was running on a low end system such as a PI, then that would explain any buffering as it can be slow even on a PC let alone an under powered single board PI.

The screen grab that you provided shows that you have not set this up properly, and having your genres showing as text files shows that it is not set up properly. When I boot up my home cinema PC later on tonight, I will take a screen grab of my set up, and you can compare it to yours.

I am pretty sure that you will notice a total difference between yours and mine, there are certain settings that you have to apply to get this as Netflix as possible.

Also there are certain things that you need to turn off, such as hubs where you have your genres in text, pre loaded play lists and recommended movies etc slow any system down. 

However, I am going to read my message to you, and make sure that I never said that your system was CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2019-11-12, 18:53)ESCO1 Wrote:

Hey @Video Titles,
Here are my specs:
32.0 GB RAM
GTX1070i

I don't know what you mean about the genre icons and everything being setup wrong!Huh? You got all this from one screenshot? The same way you assume my pc was crap? Please don't assume anything. Am here to find help from the community not to get bashed. So if you are willing to help then please do so but if you don't have the time then why even bother posting your comment? "I cant help you" but your pc is low end and so is your kodi setupHuh? Thanks!Huh?? 

Yep I have checked what I said to you, and I never once said that your system was CRAP!!!!!! I also never said that I CAN'T HELP YOU. I also have not BASHED YOU. I have also NEVER said that your PC IS LOW END. 

Your attitude STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yes now I am not going to go out of my way to help YOU, because your attitude STINKS!!!!!!! Why should I take time to take screen shots for you now.

As I said before, you need to check your attitude, because it STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2019-11-13, 13:30)Video Titles Wrote: Your attitude STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yes now I am not going to go out of my way to help YOU, because your attitude STINKS!!!!!!! Why should I take time to take screen shots for you now.
As I said before, you need to check your attitude, because it STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tone it down right now, or we start handing out long-lasting free vacations away from the forum.
Firstly I would like to apologise for using to many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shocked that the mod sat there and counted them Wink

Secondly even though I read it, for about three times while I was on my office PC, and I still stand by what I said that I never said that your PC was CRAP. I did however say this, and I will quote myself

"It sounds as if you are using low end hardware to have a buffering screen, especially from a splash screen."

However, I can potentially see where you in your own mind would think that I might have called your system CRAP, to which I do apologise.

The red ring as I have said before comes from Kodi scanning the library because you have it on scan on start up, to which you need to turn off.

I cannot see why you would be having a buffering screen loading up Kodi on a splash screen, so you might possibly be running into the scan library before anything else can load.

I was going to take a screen shot, but as I had said previously due to building work, I have had to change everything around, my set up is not the same as it was, I had a monitor and TV hooked up, now I only have a TV and a wireless keyboard to which I am sat a few feet away from, with my old age and bad vision, I cannot find a print screen on this keyboard. i just installed OBS Studio, so during the day time, I will do a video to show you what a proper set up of Bingie loads like and also looks like when you have set things up.

Once more I will apologise for saying low end hardware, but I never said CRAP though. However, you might have your terminology wrong by saying buffer screen, as buffer screen usually means low end hardware or internet connection if you are streaming.
(2019-11-13, 00:26)RayDawGGG Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 00:12)ESCO1 Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 00:56)RayDawGGG Wrote: Ok... I figured it out. My question was worded incorrectly. It's possible to change the aspect ratio of poster art with any graphics program. That's not what i wanted to ask. My posters are being stretched to the 2:3 aspect ratio in the various views, instead of keeping the native 1:1 aspect ratio. I wanted to ask for assistance on stopping them from being stretched. The answer is... XML tag format

Thanks for responding!. I'm still struggling to figure out what xml does what. It fixed my issue.. now i have to figure out how to adjust the background shadow behind my posters smh.. the saga continues... 

Send me some screenshots of what you are trying to accomplish or what the issue is and I will try to help you as well. 2 MINDS ARE BETTER THAN 1!!! after all!!!!!
Am assuming we are all grown ups here lol....So you're right @Video Titles no need for an attitude. I apologize if i came off rude...I obviously misread your replies and misinterpret your tone. It was in fact not condescending at all. I would still appreciate if you can shed some light on your setup and we can compare builds. I know the skin is not perfect and they're a few bugs still in development. I hope the dev does not abandon the project because i believe this is the best skin I have ever used for kodi all these years. Its clean and minimalist...easy to navigate plus I love that fact that looks like the netflix interface. We are a community after all and we should be able to help each other and treat each other with respect. So once again i am sorry and i hope we can move forward and hug it out lol. Thanks!!!! I love to see your cinema setup. One day i hope to have my man cave with my home theatre setup for now i gotta work with what i have.
@Video Titles As far as the loading/buffering red ring on the splash screen you're right that must be due to updating library through the emby addon. I don't wish to disable the auto update because titles are always being added but am sure there is a way to hide it. I looked through as many xml to find it but couldnt' find it so i can disable the code. I looked at "startup" "home" etc xml and didnt' come across. Maybe you or someone else can help out. I tried to pm the skinner and its been weeks with no reply so yo no se lol.
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26