• 205(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-11-16, 07:31)SierraNevada Wrote: Can someone give me instructions on how to setup a submenu hub that would function like the screenshot below?

I followed the instructions from the original post and thought I had it working but something got messed up and I can't figure it out. The submenu hub shows up at the bottom of the screen for me and I can't get the widget to show the content of the selected submenu item underneath.

I am a newbie to Kodi, so please assume I am a dummy when you are responding.

(2019-01-27, 11:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: Submenu Hubs
Arctic Zephyr 2 also provides automatically generated submenu hubs. These hubs contain shortcuts to your submenu items. If a submenu item has a widget set, highlighting the submenu shortcut will display the widget underneath the submenu.
To enable submenu hubs, select Skin Settings > Home > Press DIRECTION to access submenu hub.
Submenu hubs can also be set to the onclick action for individual menu items by setting the Action of the shortcut to “Common > Submenu Hub”.

Submenu hub

Click down one more time after you see the submenu hub. Also this is the default behavior for non-Basic home layouts.
(2019-11-17, 02:06)drinfernoo Wrote: Click down one more time after you see the submenu hub. Also this is the default behavior for non-Basic home layouts.

Can't click or move down any further. The menu is at the very bottom of the page.
(2019-11-17, 02:23)SierraNevada Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 02:06)drinfernoo Wrote: Click down one more time after you see the submenu hub. Also this is the default behavior for non-Basic home layouts.

Can't click or move down any further. The menu is at the very bottom of the page.

Then you haven't set up any widgets for your submenu.
(2019-11-17, 03:04)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 02:23)SierraNevada Wrote:

I am new to Kodi, so you probably are correct. Can you guide me how to setup it correctly?

This is what my screen looks like: https://imgur.com/AbKF44u

And this is what I have the sub-menu setup as: https://i.imgur.com/dLCCCpW.png

What I would like to have is to have the movie nodes (recently added, genres, directors, etc.) at the top of the screen and the items within each menu item to show below it. How do I setup it to do that?
(2019-11-17, 03:57)SierraNevada Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 03:04)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 02:23)SierraNevada Wrote: Can't click or move down any further. The menu is at the very bottom of the page. 

I am new to Kodi, so you probably are correct. Can you guide me how to setup it correctly?

This is what my screen looks like: https://imgur.com/AbKF44u

And this is what I have the sub-menu setup as: https://i.imgur.com/dLCCCpW.png

What I would like to have is to have the movie nodes (recently added, genres, directors, etc.) at the top of the screen and the items within each menu item to show below it. How do I setup it to do that? 

Nevermind. I think I got it working.

I was thinking that if I selected "Movie Nodes" for my sub-menu, it would automatically create the hub with the display underneath. Instead, I had to create each item I want in the sub-menu (recently added, genres, etc.) and then point the sub-menu widget to it.
Hello,

@"marcelveldt" Is it possible to restrict  the "Recommended Movies" portion of the Skins Helper Service Widget widget to a playlist?
@jurialmunkey Now the development of the Skin Helper Service Widgets has stopped, what will you use in the future?

Thanks,

TD
(2019-11-17, 18:06)Tired Dad Wrote: Hello,

@"marcelveldt" Is it possible to restrict  the "Recommended Movies" portion of the Skins Helper Service Widget widget to a playlist?
@jurialmunkey Now the development of the Skin Helper Service Widgets has stopped, what will you use in the future?

Thanks,

TD

No it isn't possible directly with skinhelper. However, unless you have specifically turned on the "experimental" setting in Skin Helper Widgets, all the "Recommended" widget does is returns unwatched movies with a rating higher than 7 - you can easily recreate those rules with a smart playlist.

Also, AZ2 doesn't use skinhelper for widgets by default - all the widgets in the "Default Widgets" section are smart playlists NOT skinhelper. Smart playlists have faster load times. I never use skinhelper widgets as nearly all of them can be recreated with smart playlist rules. The only ones that can't afaik are the similar widget, the experimental version of recommended, and the mixed-media ones (e.g. tv and movies).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I'm finally taking the plunge and am working my way off the default Estuary skin in Kodi.

I'm loving this one so far, but am struggling with artwork in the PVR Guide. I use TVHeadend for my backend and it is associating artwork with each guide item - I'm able to see them in the guide in Estuary. I'm struggling to get the artwork to show up in the guide in AZ2. I've seen fanart show up for movies in the guidein AZ2, but that's not coming from TVHeadend. Am I missing something obvious to get the backend artwork to show up?

Here's an image as to what I'm talking about.
https://imgur.com/wlUmDut
So I set up the clearlogos feature and it's pretty cool but just get some of them... Even very new movies do not show the clearlogos.. Am I missing something?
(2019-11-18, 02:44)Japangelo Wrote: So I set up the clearlogos feature and it's pretty cool but just get some of them... Even very new movies do not show the clearlogos.. Am I missing something?

You have to "supply" the artwork yourself if they're local files. This could be via scraper, Artwork Beef, or by manually placing images in your library folders. In any case, if your content is fed by an add-on, the add-on determines what artwork is shown.
(2019-11-18, 01:24)NNate Wrote: I'm finally taking the plunge and am working my way off the default Estuary skin in Kodi.

I'm loving this one so far, but am struggling with artwork in the PVR Guide. I use TVHeadend for my backend and it is associating artwork with each guide item - I'm able to see them in the guide in Estuary. I'm struggling to get the artwork to show up in the guide in AZ2. I've seen fanart show up for movies in the guidein AZ2, but that's not coming from TVHeadend. Am I missing something obvious to get the backend artwork to show up?

Here's an image as to what I'm talking about.
https://imgur.com/wlUmDut

The skin doesn't support PVR artwork currently.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-11-16, 04:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-11-15, 08:28)Happy Devil Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, the AZ2 Skin is just great, it looks really awesome.
I have a question, in the options I have activated that in the header the clearlogo to be displayed (list view) and in the seekbar (OSD) the clearart, with films that works perfectly, but not with TV shows.
This is a bug or do I have to adjust something else?
The graphics are available in the respective directories.

P.S. Sorry for the english, it has been Google translated.

Works fine for me.

Might need to manually add it.
Find the tvshow and open info dialog.
Choose "Manage" > "Select Art (Kodi)" > "Clearlogo" > "Browse" > "*Item Folder" > Your Artwork.

I cannot find "manage".. Where is it?
(2019-11-18, 09:18)Japangelo Wrote:
(2019-11-16, 04:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-11-15, 08:28)Happy Devil Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, the AZ2 Skin is just great, it looks really awesome.
I have a question, in the options I have activated that in the header the clearlogo to be displayed (list view) and in the seekbar (OSD) the clearart, with films that works perfectly, but not with TV shows.
This is a bug or do I have to adjust something else?
The graphics are available in the respective directories.

P.S. Sorry for the english, it has been Google translated.

Works fine for me.

Choose "Manage" > "Select Art (Kodi)" > "Clearlogo" > "Browse" > "*Item Folder" > Your Artwork. 

Open the Information from the movie or series.
In this screen you can see some icons at the bottom, the gear is "Manage"
(2019-11-18, 10:45)Happy Devil Wrote:
(2019-11-18, 09:18)Japangelo Wrote:
(2019-11-16, 04:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: Works fine for me.

Open the Information from the movie or series.
In this screen you can see some icons at the bottom, the gear is "Manage"

OK thanks, 😉
Bear in mind that Manage only shows up for library items.
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226