• 12(current)
Release TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
The fact it works for some and not others, and also that it doesn't work also for Plex would perhaps seem to indicate it's an issue at their end (either traffic or they've done something again). If the former is the case then the solution is to wait, if it's the latter then changes in the scraper may be required (again).

One piece of background is that our API key has recently been migrated to a new account (at TVDB request). That may also perhaps be a clue in all this, however that would not of course trigger issues with Plex (unless they've been asked to do the same of course).

But we are aware of it and will start looking into it where possible.

Editted to add - this update from TVDB is probably relevant too - https://www.facebook.com/TheTVDB/posts/1...7091001041
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-10, 21:01)DarrenHill Wrote: The fact it works for some and not others, and also that it doesn't work also for Plex would perhaps seem to indicate it's an issue at their end (either traffic or they've done something again). If the former is the case then the solution is to wait, if it's the latter then changes in the scraper may be required (again).

One piece of background is that our API key has recently been migrated to a new account (at TVDB request). That may also perhaps be a clue in all this, however that would not of course trigger issues with Plex (unless they've been asked to do the same of course).

But we are aware of it and will start looking into it where possible.

Editted to add - this update from TVDB is probably relevant too - https://www.facebook.com/TheTVDB/posts/1...7091001041
Thank you for your work Smile
Just did some test scrapings and things are looking ok again. So fingers crossed it was just a transient glitch which has been resolved at their end.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-11, 10:33)DarrenHill Wrote: Just did some test scrapings and things are looking ok again. So fingers crossed it was just a transient glitch which has been resolved at their end.

I don't seem to be able to scrape entirely new shows. It got the new episodes of old shows but this last show isn't scraped or added to Kodi at all. Oh well. Guess I'll give it some time too.
(2020-01-11, 11:19)curael Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 10:33)DarrenHill Wrote: Just did some test scrapings and things are looking ok again. So fingers crossed it was just a transient glitch which has been resolved at their end.

I don't seem to be able to scrape entirely new shows. It got the new episodes of old shows but this last show isn't scraped or added to Kodi at all. Oh well. Guess I'll give it some time too. 
I have the same problem as curael
Seems to be working for me - I just completely nuked the database on one of my boxes and rebuilt it, and it's working fine as far as I can see.

At this point I think it's just a case of waiting until everything sorts itself out, as it could even be relating to specific shows/entries in their database.

But the problem is at the TVDB end rather than on Kodi or the scraper, so there's nothing more we can do other than wait and let them know of issues.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-11, 12:30)DarrenHill Wrote: Seems to be working for me - I just completely nuked the database on one of my boxes and rebuilt it, and it's working fine as far as I can see.

At this point I think it's just a case of waiting until everything sorts itself out, as it could even be relating to specific shows/entries in their database.

But the problem is at the TVDB end rather than on Kodi or the scraper, so there's nothing more we can do other than wait and let them know of issues.

I'm still not able to scrape any new entries into my library. Has TVDB made a statement about the issues anywhere since my last post? Are they aware this is happening? Is there anything I can try to fix it? I don't see anyone else chiming in on this so I'm starting to think I have to do something actively to make it work again. Or perhaps people are just very patient. ^^
@curael

You have not provided any info of use... not even the name of the shows you are having problems with. So provide a Debug Log which captures an update library, upload it to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.

You are forcing us down a path of pure guessing.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-11, 22:47)Karellen Wrote: @curael

You have not provided any info of use... not even the name of the shows you are having problems with. So provide a Debug Log which captures an update library, upload it to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.

You are forcing us down a path of pure guessing.
Of course.

https://paste.kodi.tv/alorebevoq.kodi - Here's the troublesome show. Along with some auth issues it seems.

I can send you the full debug log too but it's riddled with youtube and twitch addon failure gunk so I just took out the important part to start with.

I've tried with both English and Japanese name on the folder and filenames just to see if it was a naming issue but this didn't resolve it - and other shows have been scraping, existing ones - just not this one, which was not present in the first place.
Ok that is a known issue. When the original language of a show is not English, then for some shows the scraper has problems locating it.

You will need to use a Parsing NFO file and it will find the show... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-11, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: Ok that is a known issue. When the original language of a show is not English, then for some shows the scraper has problems locating it.

You will need to use a Parsing NFO file and it will find the show... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
tvshow.nfo did it. Thank you very much. I do notice that the title on the TVDB Chrome tab is in Japanese kanji-thingy. I imagine that'd be an issue, as you mentioned - didn't think about that. I appreciate the help.

Did anyone ever think of a manual match function, sort of like Plex has for finding shows if they don't match as they are supposed to? I guess that's a feature request, lol. 

Thanks again!
Great it has scraped.

I suppose the Parsing NFO file is our version of a manual (and direct) matching. Sure it is a bit tedious as it requires you to operate outside of Kodi, but it does work as you can see.
My Signature
(2020-01-12, 00:10)Karellen Wrote: Great it has scraped.

I suppose the Parsing NFO file is our version of a manual (and direct) matching. Sure it is a bit tedious as it requires you to operate outside of Kodi, but it does work as you can see.
That it do - and.. Well, usually when I realize these kinds of issues I'll just implement the fix into the RSS flow I have anyway. If I start a new season of a show, I have to create folder and an RSS feed anyway. If I have to make nfo creation a part of that flow, so be it. No biggie tbh. - I'd rather do that than sit down on my couch only to realize that my Kodi can't find what I was about to watch and then have to unpack the wireless keyboard. Wink
Hi

Just to report. Yesterday nothing worked. So I just left it for a day, tried again with a new season of a new show....and it worked! Just like before. No issues now from what I can tell Smile
For the last two weeks it seems when my library updates, some shows won’t scrape in new episodes and I have to delete the show and re add the whole series to get it to work. Specifically it’s Gold rush, ncis LA, shark tank, worst cooks in America, evil, and a few more I can’t remember. I’m using kodi 18.4 with updated tvdb scraper. Idk if it’s a kodi issue or tvdb issue. Anyone else have this happen?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML)1