• 16(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-01-14, 12:35)jogal Wrote: Version 1.7.5
Updated at 14-01-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Updated with latest master branch commits. Fix some crashes due recent libraries updates.
No changes in HDR code.

This week I will not have much free time for this. Probably do not make any more updates in a few days.
Thanks Jogal, all working fine here.
Kodi 19.0 -> Intel NUC7i5BNK (Iris Plus Graphics 640), Windows 10 -> Arcam AVR550 -> LG Oled C8
Still stuttering, just stuttering in HDR video. all of HDR no matter full or not screen........ with Nvdia 1060

But fandangos's fork every thing is good. why !?why !?why !?
(2020-01-14, 12:35)jogal Wrote: Version 1.7.5
Updated at 14-01-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Updated with latest master branch commits. Fix some crashes due recent libraries updates.
No changes in HDR code.

This week I will not have much free time for this. Probably do not make any more updates in a few days.
Perfect Work here on Pixel Shaders mode for HDR to SDR.
DXVA is still too dark but i think it's AMD driver issues.

Thank you very much for your work.
Philips 65OLED804 (4K HDR10+/Dolby Vision) / Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro with Kodi 20 Nexus Marven for DV / Onkyo TX-NR474 + Jamo 809 Pack 5.0 + Sub Jamo 912
(2020-01-15, 14:33)pklinqi Wrote: Still stuttering, just stuttering in HDR video. all of HDR no matter full or not screen........ with Nvdia 1060

You have stuttering or choppy playback (Like tearing)? I'm asking because maybe is the same I'm experiencing and I have described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044
I do not give any type of support or guarantee when using AUTOHDR.exe with my fork.

All messages that talk about problems related to refresh rate issues, etc. and that have to do with
AUTOHDR.exe I will completely ignore them.
(2020-01-15, 21:52)larsete Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 14:33)pklinqi Wrote: Still stuttering, just stuttering in HDR video. all of HDR no matter full or not screen........ with Nvdia 1060

You have stuttering or choppy playback (Like tearing)? I'm asking because maybe is the same I'm experiencing and I have described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044 
I'm having the same issue.  Only on HDR content in HDR mode, and only when full screen.  Nvidia GTX 1070.  For me, the bottom 10% of the screen experiences tearing.  If I switch to window mode, then back to full screen that often seems to fix it.  This issue did not exist on fandango's fork.

On both forks though, I get content stuttering.  Probably on issue on the main branch as well but haven't tested.
HDR content is high bandwidth demanding (1GB LAN or media file in local HDD).

Even a file in USB or external HDD can cause stuttering because not enough bandwidth. I assume that this is taken into account and everyone knows it.

The typical effect is that the image stops every few seconds or the audio cuts and returns.
(2020-01-14, 22:55)Statler1978 Wrote: Encountered a small glitch when using a second screen in extended monitor setup. This is not a hdr capable tv, just a secondary monitor to tinker with the system without hogging the main screen. When using this, Kodi does not display sdr correctly anymore (whitewashed). Hdr is ok. Kodi log says display is not hdr capable, unplugging the monitor enables hdr recognition again.switching main screen in win10, etc, didn't work either.
Looks like when in extended mode 1 of the screens is not hdr, it won't work regardless if the screen Kodi is running on is .
​​hdr capable. checking dxdiag confirms the tv is still working as it should.
Maybe when multiple screens involved, put a check in place to only use data from the screen Kodi is displayed on?

This really interests me. I would like to know more details of the setup.

Is system with two graphics cards?   or two TV's connected at different HDMI ports at same graphic card? 

two HDMI   or  one HDMI other DisplayPort?

It probably has (relatively) easy solution Smile
(2020-01-16, 02:11)jogal Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 22:55)Statler1978 Wrote: Encountered a small glitch when using a second screen in extended monitor setup. This is not a hdr capable tv, just a secondary monitor to tinker with the system without hogging the main screen. When using this, Kodi does not display sdr correctly anymore (whitewashed). Hdr is ok. Kodi log says display is not hdr capable, unplugging the monitor enables hdr recognition again.switching main screen in win10, etc, didn't work either.
Looks like when in extended mode 1 of the screens is not hdr, it won't work regardless if the screen Kodi is running on is .
Maybe when multiple screens involved, put a check in place to only use data from the screen Kodi is displayed on?

Is system with two graphics cards?   or two TV's connected at different HDMI ports at same graphic card? 

Hi, I have some problem. I have one GPU (AMD RX580) and primary display is connected by Displayport cable (DP to HDMI) to my TV (HDR supported QLED TV) and my second display is connected by displayport (DP to HDMI) too directly to my AV reciever to recive audio passthrough DTS etc.
And Kodi dosnt recognize HDR support by primary display.
Thank you for help
(2020-01-16, 02:06)jogal Wrote: HDR content is high bandwidth demanding (1GB LAN or media file in local HDD).

Even a file in USB or external HDD can cause stuttering because not enough bandwidth. I assume that this is taken into account and everyone knows it.

The typical effect is that the image stops every few seconds or the audio cuts and returns.

Actually for me it's specific to the Windows API build (I'm on most recent but the tearing was present for prior builds). When I play an HDR video on the Windows API build, I get tearing. When I play the exact same video using Fandango's last build with Nvidia Private API enabled and every other setting exactly the same, the video plays perfectly. Happy to provide a debug log from both or either build if it would be helpful.

BTW the two different builds are in two different directories running in portable mode, so there's no shared addons, settings, etc.
(2020-01-16, 19:39)mobamoba Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 02:06)jogal Wrote: HDR content is high bandwidth demanding (1GB LAN or media file in local HDD).

Actually for me it's specific to the Windows API build (I'm on most recent but the tearing was present for prior builds). When I play an HDR video on the Windows API build, I get tearing. When I play the exact same video using Fandango's last build with Nvidia Private API enabled and every other setting exactly the same, the video plays perfectly. Happy to provide a debug log from both or either build if it would be helpful.

BTW the two different builds are in two different directories running in portable mode, so there's no shared addons, settings, etc. 
Yes, in my case at least it's not related with the source/network or system power, as I can correctly play HDR files in other players or Kodi builds. I think it relies on the way nVidia behaves when using the Windows API (it follows the swapchain, so the switch to HDR mode is really done after the refresh rate change and only when the video is already playing). All of it was covered in fandangos thread, and the discussion is referenced in this answer: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044
(2020-01-16, 14:54)Rumlik Wrote:

Hi, I have some problem. I have one GPU (AMD RX580) and primary display is connected by Displayport cable (DP to HDMI) to my TV (HDR supported QLED TV) and my second display is connected by displayport (DP to HDMI) too directly to my AV reciever to recive audio passthrough DTS etc.
Thank you for help  
I'm afraid you might need to disable one of the displays for the HDR switch to show up in Kodi for now.
(2020-01-16, 19:49)larsete Wrote: Yes, in my case at least it's not related with the source/network or system power, as I can correctly play HDR files in other players or Kodi builds. I think it relies on the way nVidia behaves when using the Windows API (it follows the swapchain, so the switch to HDR mode is really done after the refresh rate change and only when the video is already playing). All of it was covered in fandangos thread, and the discussion is referenced in this answer: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044 
Is this branch still hoping to be merged into official Kodi because last I skimmed through the Matrix git, it looked like it wasn't. So if not, perhaps there's a way to combine Fandangos Private API work into this branch so the end user could use either Nvidia's API or the Windows API, whichever worked better on their system? I understand that wouldn't be an option if this is at some point going to be official Kodi but if making it official isn't the plan then offering both Windows and Private, perhaps via an Advance Settings switch, would likely solve most problems for most people.
(2020-01-16, 14:54)Rumlik Wrote:

Thank you for help 

This setup is incorrect.

The correct setup is like this:

Also take into account that DisplayPort only supports HDR10 in v1.4 specification

AVR needs to be HDR compatible too.

HDMI to HDMI cables are more "safe"  for HDR good performance.
(2020-01-16, 20:15)mobamoba Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 19:49)larsete Wrote: Yes, in my case at least it's not related with the source/network or system power, as I can correctly play HDR files in other players or Kodi builds. I think it relies on the way nVidia behaves when using the Windows API (it follows the swapchain, so the switch to HDR mode is really done after the refresh rate change and only when the video is already playing). All of it was covered in fandangos thread, and the discussion is referenced in this answer: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916044 
Is this branch still hoping to be merged into official Kodi because last I skimmed through the Matrix git, it looked like it wasn't. So if not, perhaps there's a way to combine Fandangos Private API work into this branch so the end user could use either Nvidia's API or the Windows API, whichever worked better on their system? I understand that wouldn't be an option if this is at some point going to be official Kodi but if making it official isn't the plan then offering both Windows and Private, perhaps via an Advance Settings switch, would likely solve most problems for most people.   

These users and linked post and YouTube video they refer to the use of a third-party launcher for Kodi "AUTOHDR.exe" that causes or may cause multiple problems. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2916044

Just to mention things:

Do not pass the parameters to Kodi.exe  -p (portable mode)

It does not take into account the time it takes for the display to switch.

It does not take into account that the user may not choose to Quit Kodi. What about the restart option? hibernate? power off system?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2