• 24(current)
Eurosport Player
(2019-10-15, 17:14)JinJin Wrote: Hi,
yes, the addon will break once they shut down the old api. It will definitely require a complete rewrite.
If anyone is interested in, feel free to do so. Im not maintaining my addons anymore, sorry.

Sad to hear that. Bonus archives not updating since tuesday. Only live TV and E1 - E2 Archives are available it seems.
I hope someone updates Sad
yes, the addon will break once they shut down the old api. It will definitely require a complete rewrite.
If anyone is interested in, feel free to do so. Im not maintaining my addons anymore, sorry.

Very sad.. Kodi addons is my only way to watch eurosport player...
I don't think that i could rewrite it alone, but if someone else want to try, i'm happy to help in my (not so much) free time.
Do you already have some info about the changes in the api or it's required a complete reverse engineering?
The eurosportplayer addon suddenly shows only the tv channels (eurosport 1 and 2) and none of the parallel live streams

could anybody please help with a solution to that?
(2019-10-20, 20:06)michalo Wrote: The eurosportplayer addon suddenly shows only the tv channels (eurosport 1 and 2) and none of the parallel live streams

could anybody please help with a solution to that?

The addon uses the old API and it is clearly being phased out. No solution because the dev just above said he has stopped working on the addon.

Currently not even E1 and E2 plays. I can still play some ondemand videos (bonus feeds) from Sunday though.
(2019-10-19, 00:32)ivanobrunet Wrote:

I don't think that i could rewrite it alone, but if someone else want to try, i'm happy to help in my (not so much) free time.
Do you already have some info about the changes in the api or it's required a complete reverse engineering?  

Complete rewrite sounds likely, the website (and mobile apps, I assume) now uses DASH (instead of HLS) streaming. An xml file mentions this regarding DRM: 
Code:
<ContentProtection schemeIdUri="urn:mpeg:dash:mp4protection:2011" value="cenc"/>

Is it even doable considering above?

That same xml file lists the media qualities. Highest quality's resolution has been upped to 1080p, but framerate downgraded to 25 fps. Pretty dumb move for 100% sports content.
(2019-10-22, 05:57)wfcd Wrote:
(2019-10-19, 00:32)ivanobrunet Wrote:

Complete rewrite sounds likely, the website (and mobile apps, I assume) now uses DASH (instead of HLS) streaming. An xml file mentions this regarding DRM: 
Code:
<ContentProtection schemeIdUri="urn:mpeg:dash:mp4protection:2011" value="cenc"/>

That same xml file lists the media qualities. Highest quality's resolution has been upped to 1080p, but framerate downgraded to 25 fps. Pretty dumb move for 100% sports content. 

Yes, agree 100%
the web version have recaptcha too that make things more complicated even in the logon fase.. The ps4 app have no captcha, but it's very difficult to track, don't tried the android version yet.
(2019-10-22, 20:29)ivanobrunet Wrote:
(2019-10-22, 05:57)wfcd Wrote:
(2019-10-19, 00:32)ivanobrunet Wrote: Very sad.. Kodi addons is my only way to watch eurosport player...

Code:

Yes, agree 100%
the web version have recaptcha too that make things more complicated even in the logon fase.. The ps4 app have no captcha, but it's very difficult to track, don't tried the android version yet. 

Android mobile login as captcha too (login page is a web app page). The Android generally looks similar to the web site, so I assume it uses the new API too. I just wonder if it is using DASH too or are there hidden mobile versions of the streams.
Yes complete rewrite is necessary due to the new api.
Captcha is indeed annoying but there is code for kodi already somewhere (look up github).
Also it shouldn't be a problem to play the dash streams within kodi using inputstream adaptive.
(2019-10-24, 16:00)JinJin Wrote: Yes complete rewrite is necessary due to the new api.
Captcha is indeed annoying but there is code for kodi already somewhere (look up github).
Also it shouldn't be a problem to play the dash streams within kodi using inputstream adaptive.

thanks, i'll search for captcha code 
I've noticed that from http://www.eurosport.com is possible to start stream with only login and password without captcha request (only for live stream, not archived..)

@wfcd:
launching stream from the same url i've seen this json:
{
      "streaming" : {
        "hls" : {
          "url" : "https://eurosport-dlvr-ott.akamaized.net/.../index.m3u8?..."
        },
        "dash" : {
          "url" : "https://eurosport-dlvr-ott.akamaized.net/.../index.mpd?.."
        },
        "mss" : {
          "url" : "https://eurosport-dlvr-ott.akamaized.net/.../index.ism..."
        }

I don't know how much difficult is dash, but it seems that hls stream is yet present..
@ivanobrunet , are you rewriting the plugin from scratch or trying to fix existing code? Is there a way to collaborate?
I've put together a proof-of-concept addon for the new Eurosport Player API:

https://github.com/jamesremuscat/plugin....eurosport2

It's quick-and-dirty and I mostly wrote it because I wanted to watch something last night without plugging my laptop into the TV; I'm not sure if I'm going to develop it much further, but wanted to share it in case someone else wanted to.

(Note: I've completely sidestepped the login-requires-captcha issue by requiring the authentication token to be entered into the addon settings. It's not very user-friendly - like I say, quick and dirty!)

For clarity: much like the original, you'll need a valid Eurosport Player subscription to use this.
(2020-02-24, 15:02)jamesremuscat Wrote: I've put together a proof-of-concept addon for the new Eurosport Player API:

It's quick-and-dirty and I mostly wrote it because I wanted to watch something last night without plugging my laptop into the TV; I'm not sure if I'm going to develop it much further, but wanted to share it in case someone else wanted to.

(Note: I've completely sidestepped the login-requires-captcha issue by requiring the authentication token to be entered into the addon settings. It's not very user-friendly - like I say, quick and dirty!)

For clarity: much like the original, you'll need a valid Eurosport Player subscription to use this.

Good work. A full schedule/previous on-demands would be nice, in case you end up working on this a bit more.
(2020-02-24, 15:02)jamesremuscat Wrote: I've put together a proof-of-concept addon for the new Eurosport Player API:

Thank you for the add-on. but I can't find my login token. Not even according to the github instructions.
cant seem to find token in dev tools

1. Log in to Eurosport Player
  2. Press F12 to open Dev Tools (in Chrome; your browser may vary)
  3. Locate the "st" cookie as per https://imgur.com/a/nTuZC7Z:
    • Go to "Application" tab
    • Find "https://www.eurosportplayer.com" under "Cookies"
    • Find the "st" cookie
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eurosport Player5