• 45(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2020-04-16, 18:39)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 13:07)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 23:20)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi @__db , thanks for your post.

Unfortunately the debug log you provided doesn't help me so much. Please try it again having enabled the logging in Kodi... Anyway, I see difficult to solve the issue since I can not reply the bug properly on my machine. Is that something that just suddenly started to happen?

Cheers!   

I've tried to recreate this issue this morning and have the kodi log. Unfortunately due to the size of the log I've only been able to paste it by truncating it. Hopefully this contains enough to show you what is going on. xayaxuxodi.kodi (paste)

I scheduled the script to run at 05:30 this morning. I enabled debug logging 10 minutes before and rebooted to start a fresh log. The script ran OK as scheduled and when I returned to the box and pressed OK at the prompt telling me that there were some errors (which are down to matching IMDb IDs in the update.log) the script started running again a few moments later. This repeated 3 times before I disabled it again, turned debugging logging off and rebooted to stop it.

The full kodi.log is around 2MB in size - if you need it, let me know how I can get it to you as the paste services tell me it's too long/big.  
Hi @__db , thanks a lot for providing the log. Would you be so kind to send me also the add-on log you can find under userdata\addon_data?

I will try to figure out what is going on...even if it will be difficult...

Cheers! 

Yep, here is the update.log from this morning. ugokaricin (paste)
(2020-04-16, 18:37)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 05:01)Cinephile Wrote: Is this add-on python 3-compatible by any chance?
Hi @Cinephile , at the moment there is no work in that direction since my free time is reduced at the minimum and my priority will be to merge the two current versions into one. Once Matrix will be in a more mature phase, of course I will make Light IMDb Ratings Update compatible with Python 3.

Have a great day! 
You legend, thanks for your continued efforts!
(2020-04-16, 18:32)axlt2002 Wrote: Well, even if understand your point of view, the request is really going in the direction of "hacking" the library parameters used by Kodi; in general, I really prefer to stick with the "roles" that said parameters have. Maybe you could instead ask for a new feature to the Kodi developers in that sense.

Hope I haven't disappointed you with this answer...  Angel

No problem, I had a look at the database and while RATING has its own table, MYRATING is stored with each item. It's probably not that easy after all, I understand if that user option is beyond what you can do. Cheers and thanks for your great component!
(2020-04-16, 18:37)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 05:01)Cinephile Wrote: Is this add-on python 3-compatible by any chance?
Hi @Cinephile , at the moment there is no work in that direction since my free time is reduced at the minimum and my priority will be to merge the two current versions into one. Once Matrix will be in a more mature phase, of course I will make Light IMDb Ratings Update compatible with Python 3.

Have a great day! 
What is the difference between both versions?
That was answered some posts earlier, I'm sure you'll find it straight away.
(2020-04-16, 19:03)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 18:39)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 13:07)__db Wrote: I've tried to recreate this issue this morning and have the kodi log. Unfortunately due to the size of the log I've only been able to paste it by truncating it. Hopefully this contains enough to show you what is going on. xayaxuxodi.kodi (paste)

I scheduled the script to run at 05:30 this morning. I enabled debug logging 10 minutes before and rebooted to start a fresh log. The script ran OK as scheduled and when I returned to the box and pressed OK at the prompt telling me that there were some errors (which are down to matching IMDb IDs in the update.log) the script started running again a few moments later. This repeated 3 times before I disabled it again, turned debugging logging off and rebooted to stop it.

The full kodi.log is around 2MB in size - if you need it, let me know how I can get it to you as the paste services tell me it's too long/big.  
Hi @__db , thanks a lot for providing the log. Would you be so kind to send me also the add-on log you can find under userdata\addon_data?

Cheers!   

Hi @__db , thanks a lot for the log.

Well, to be honest, it really looks a weird behavior...it seems that the first time that the add-on runs, the next scheduling time is updated accordingly
Code:
Next scheduled update: 2020-04-23 at 05:30
but, for a reason that I don't understand, this is ignored and therefore the update starts again. I can just guess that the new scheduling time is not properly saved in the settings...can you please also post the settings.xml you can find under userdata\addon_data please?

Good Sunday!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2020-04-19, 15:15)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 19:03)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 18:39)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi @__db , thanks a lot for providing the log. Would you be so kind to send me also the add-on log you can find under userdata\addon_data?

Cheers!   

Well, to be honest, it really looks a weird behavior...it seems that the first time that the add-on runs, the next scheduling time is updated accordingly
Code:
but, for a reason that I don't understand, this is ignored and therefore the update starts again. I can just guess that the new scheduling time is not properly saved in the settings...can you please also post the settings.xml you can find under userdata\addon_data please?

Good Sunday! 

Thank you for looking into this for me. I have pasted a copy of the settings.xml here.

A couple of points of note - I normally have the episodes enabled, but do not currently due to this issue (and not wanting to continually hammer the API servers in reruns). The other is that the scheduled update has likely not been updated as the addon has been disabled since last week and I've not remembered to re-enable it this week. I will re-enable the addon either tonight or tomorrow night and see whether there is any change to this behaviour and that this line is updated or not afterward.
(2020-04-21, 15:25)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 15:15)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 19:03)__db Wrote: Yep, here is the update.log from this morning. ugokaricin (paste)

Code:

Good Sunday!    

Thank you for looking into this for me. I have pasted a copy of the settings.xml here.

A couple of points of note - I normally have the episodes enabled, but do not currently due to this issue (and not wanting to continually hammer the API servers in reruns). The other is that the scheduled update has likely not been updated as the addon has been disabled since last week and I've not remembered to re-enable it this week. I will re-enable the addon either tonight or tomorrow night and see whether there is any change to this behaviour and that this line is updated or not afterward.   
Hello @__db , hope you are doing well.

Well, checking the settings.xml, it looks like that it doesn't update the scheduling time properly...and this sounds strange to me! If you see there, you can notice that
Code:
<setting id="DayTime">05:30</setting>
and
Code:
<setting id="ScheduledWeekDay">2020-04-14</setting>
so that is why the add-on continues to launch the updates...

Can you please try to reschedule at another time and double check the settings.xml once you have just saved the settings? Than, once the add-on finishes the update, please check it again as well as the log file. Let me know!

In the meanwhile, have a great day!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2020-04-22, 11:04)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-21, 15:25)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 15:15)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi @__db , thanks a lot for the log.

Code:

Good Sunday!    

Well, checking the settings.xml, it looks like that it doesn't update the scheduling time properly...and this sounds strange to me! If you see there, you can notice that
Code:
and
Code:

Can you please try to reschedule at another time and double check the settings.xml once you have just saved the settings? Than, once the add-on finishes the update, please check it again as well as the log file. Let me know!

Hi @axlt2002, doing well thanks and I hope you are also!

I have attempted again this afternoon with the following sequence:
  • Scheduled the script to run at 13:45 Wednesday.
  • Enabled the addon.
  • Enabled debug logging and rebooted 5 minutes before the scheduled time the script was scheduled.
  • Copied settings.xml from the addon folder before the script started (13:43).
  • Allowed the script to run to completion.
  • Copied settings.xml from the addon folder after the script had finished (14:06).
  • Clicked OK on the prompt in the Kodi UI which states that there was some errors matching some IMDb titles.
  • Copied settings.xml from the addon folder again (14:08).
  • The script restarted and ran again in this time.
  • Copied settings.xml from the addon folder again (14:37).
  • Disabled the addon for the script and subsequently debug logging.
  • Restarted Kodi.
You are right, that something strange seems to be happening with the "ScheduledWeekDay" value. It appears this is being written to twice from my perspective - once when the script finishes and once again back to the old value when 'OK' has been pressed in the Kodi UI to the warning about some matching errors. I've pasted the content of all four of the settings.xml copies I took during this run here. I also have a copy of the kodi.log and update.log from the script but I will struggle to paste the kodi.log as once again it is too large for the paste services (I can zip these up and send them to you if it would be helpful?).

Thanks for continuing to look into this for me and have a good day!
(2020-04-22, 20:44)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 11:04)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-21, 15:25)__db Wrote: Thank you for looking into this for me. I have pasted a copy of the settings.xml here.

Code:
and
Code:

• Enabled the addon.
  • Enabled debug logging and rebooted 5 minutes before the scheduled time the script was scheduled.
  • Copied settings.xml from the addon folder after the script had finished (14:06).
  • Clicked OK on the prompt in the Kodi UI which states that there was some errors matching some IMDb titles.
  • Restarted Kodi.
You are right, that something strange seems to be happening with the "ScheduledWeekDay" value. It appears this is being written to twice from my perspective - once when the script finishes and once again back to the old value when 'OK' has been pressed in the Kodi UI to the warning about some matching errors. I've pasted the content of all four of the settings.xml copies I took during this run here. I also have a copy of the kodi.log and update.log from the script but I will struggle to paste the kodi.log as once again it is too large for the paste services (I can zip these up and send them to you if it would be helpful?).

Hi @__db , thanks a lot for the very detailed description. I'm counting to have some time tomorrow to take a look to it...by that time, would you be so kind to reply the same passages but without the log error message enabled? I'm wondering if that could be the issue...

Thanks in advance! Write you back tomorrow!
(2020-04-25, 20:57)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 20:44)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 11:04)axlt2002 Wrote: Hello @__db , hope you are doing well.

Code:
and
Code:

• Enabled the addon.
  • Restarted Kodi.

Hi @__db , thanks a lot for the very detailed description. I'm counting to have some time tomorrow to take a look to it...by that time, would you be so kind to reply the same passages but without the log error message enabled? I'm wondering if that could be the issue...

Hi @axlt2002 and apologies I haven't had chance to try again and respond until now. However...

I repeated the steps I detailed in my previous post this afternoon and am pleased to say that after disabling the option you suggested that the scheduling appears to be working as expected now in the settings.xml file and the script is no longer repeating itself. Indeed here is a paste of the settings.xml copies I took today where you can see that the ScheduledWeekDay value is updated to next week as expected.

Thanks for your help in finding the cause of this strange behaviour and I hope you are having a good week.  Smile
(2020-04-28, 16:34)__db Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 20:57)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 20:44)__db Wrote: Hi @axlt2002, doing well thanks and I hope you are also!

• Enabled the addon.
  • Restarted Kodi.

Hi @axlt2002 and apologies I haven't had chance to try again and respond until now. However...

I repeated the steps I detailed in my previous post this afternoon and am pleased to say that after disabling the option you suggested that the scheduling appears to be working as expected now in the settings.xml file and the script is no longer repeating itself. Indeed here is a paste of the settings.xml copies I took today where you can see that the ScheduledWeekDay value is updated to next week as expected.

Thanks for your help in finding the cause of this strange behaviour and I hope you are having a good week.  Smile 
Hi @__db , thanks for that! I think we have found the guilty! So I have something to fix for the next version...in the meanwhile, I hope you will not be disappointed to use the add-on without the log message enabled!  Wink

Have a good week you too!
Is there a method of manually running the update? I didn't find one through the add-on screen or reading the main info about it. I don't need to update ratings on a weekly schedule, just once in a blue moon since I can't find the old IMDb updater I used.

Cheers!
(2020-05-01, 23:58)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Is there a method of manually running the update? I didn't find one through the add-on screen or reading the main info about it. I don't need to update ratings on a weekly schedule, just once in a blue moon since I can't find the old IMDb updater I used.

Cheers!
Just click on the add-on icon...as for all the other add-ons!  Blush
(2020-05-03, 15:48)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-05-01, 23:58)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Is there a method of manually running the update? I didn't find one through the add-on screen or reading the main info about it. I don't need to update ratings on a weekly schedule, just once in a blue moon since I can't find the old IMDb updater I used.

Cheers!
Just click on the add-on icon...as for all the other add-ons!  Blush 

That just brings up the information screen which does not have a run function. The settings only allow to schedule a timed update. There is still no option to manually run the update. It is greyed out.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27