• 113(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-06-20, 02:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 16:36)drinfernoo Wrote: @jurialmunkey, would you entertain the idea of a "low list" viewtype? I made a super rough mockup just to give an idea of what I have in mind:

Having horizontal button layout doesn't make sense with a vertical list - it just makes navigation awkward.

I'm not a fan of mixing directions of info as it makes your eyes work a lot. Vertical navigation should have the screen split into columns and horizontal navigation into rows - that way there is a clear hierarchy of how your eyes should move.

I can handle that Big Grin Just curious if something like that could be worked... A list view that shows both clearart and fanart.
(2020-06-20, 02:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 21:02)lightsout Wrote: Constant redrawing of the home screen?

Not sure if that is the correct term but often when I open kodi, I get a black screen and then all my home screen 
options are gone, it then does a very slow "setting up skin shortcuts", and eventually my menus are restored. 

I understand when this happens when I make a change to the menu, but is it normal for this to happen all the time?

Sounds like the skin updated to a newer version.

When the skin updates the scripts need to rebuild the shortcuts and viewtype includes. The home screen will be blank because there's no shortcuts includes file for the widget/menus because an update overwrites the skin folder.

Probably feels like it happens a lot because there are fairly frequent updates at the moment. If it is happening after updates, that's normal. If it is happening every reboot, then something weird is happening.

When the skin gets to a more stable state, this will be much less frequent.

Sounds good thanks for the response.

So it shouldn't do this every time Kodi it's launched fresh if there is no skin update?

I'll have to play closer attention.
Hello,

I am using Arctic Horizon and it looks really good! I want to do a simple thing and I guess I just don't see the option box to make it work.
I created a new menu with AutoWidget and as long as I only have 1 widget active it displays the additional information such as show title, description and ratings just fine:
https://imgur.com/a/3b2hSbz
As soon as I add another widget I am loosing all that additional information:
https://imgur.com/a/T9Zh16U
Is it possible to have more widgets and still get the additional info?
(2020-06-21, 02:25)schwarz Wrote: Hello,

I am using Arctic Horizon and it looks really good! I want to do a simple thing and I guess I just don't see the option box to make it work.
I created a new menu with AutoWidget and as long as I only have 1 widget active it displays the additional information such as show title, description and ratings just fine:
https://imgur.com/a/3b2hSbz
As soon as I add another widget I am loosing all that additional information:
https://imgur.com/a/T9Zh16U
Is it possible to have more widgets and still get the additional info?

No, that's just how single widgets work in this skin.

EDIT: Also, if it matters, there is no need to have the main menu item pointed at AutoWidget for them to work Big Grin Only the widgets matter.
i want to add a key to my keymap that would go to my home and focus the first menu entry.
just like kodi was just started

something like ActivateWindow(Home) and focus on first Menu entry
i know there is ActivateWindowAndFocus but i dont know how to get the focus id.

any help is appreciated
(2020-06-21, 16:04)scr44tch Wrote: i want to add a key to my keymap that would go to my home and focus the first menu entry.
just like kodi was just started

something like ActivateWindow(Home) and focus on first Menu entry
i know there is ActivateWindowAndFocus but i dont know how to get the focus id.

any help is appreciated

This should work
ActivateWindowAndFocus(home,301,0,3992)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-06-27, 09:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: This should work
ActivateWindowAndFocus(home,301,0,3992)

this works great, thx
can you tell me how to get the id's for future reference?
hi @jurialmunkey 
I would  like to change the movie titles Iin home widget by clearlogo. i know that during development you said that this is not best option due that clear logos in fanartv are not all in same size, but I would like how is the final aspect..
I don't know where title of widget is controlled. Please can you said me where I can change it?
Thanks.
(2020-06-27, 12:57)atomizasser Wrote: hi @jurialmunkey 
I would  like to change the movie titles Iin home widget by clearlogo. i know that during development you said that this is not best option due that clear logos in fanartv are not all in same size, but I would like how is the final aspect..
I don't know where title of widget is controlled. Please can you said me where I can change it?
Thanks.
I ask the same and He tell me that he don't want to implement this tips.
Just as an update for anyone that wants to use this in Matrix, I've updated the repository so that there is a separate Matrix branch. You'll need to install the repository.jurialmunkey-1.4-matrix.zip package from the repository source.

Anyone with the repository installed in Leia should be able to continue as usual.
Nice to see the search option in info. Just wondering if its possible to move it position; as its a bit destructive since we are used to seeing Trailer instead of Search.
So maybe: PLAY, TRAILER, OVERVIEW,SEARCH,MANAGE or if you could please make it optional. Thanks
I have an odd issue which seems to occur randomly, where on a Stereo stream the 2.0 icon is not shown on the Video OSD. This example is a Twitch stream, AAC 2.0 Audio. But I'm sure I've played AAC 2.0 in the past and it's displayed. I don't know what the cause is, I've included the player debug in case there's a clue in there:

Hello again. I really like this skin and enjoy customizing it. I ran into the following issue. I can't get icon aspect to work in the hub widget for a submenu item.

My setup: Main Menu Action > Submenu Hub > Submenu > Hub Widget > Aspect > Icon

Posters substitute for icons.
(2020-06-30, 15:42)atown_steve Wrote: Hello again. I really like this skin and enjoy customizing it. I ran into the following issue. I can't get icon aspect to work in the hub widget for a submenu item.

My setup: Main Menu Action > Submenu Hub > Submenu > Hub Widget > Aspect > Icon

Posters substitute for icons.

Icon only works on the home screen.
Hi @jurialmunkey

I'm using this Netflix addon with the skin, but I'm having a problem with tv shows coming up as random numbers during playback with no information visible like year, rating, short synopsis. It works perfectly fine with movies, but not tv shows. I've tried it without the skin and tmdbhelper installed and the info comes up.

Movie:

TV Show: 
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7