Bug Download Speed within Kodi much slower than Download Speed in Xbox's network stats
As the title states, I'm experiencing a very large discrepancy in network speeds when testing via Xbox's detailed network statistics feature and the Speed Test add-on within Kodi.  

From a wired connection I get: 

83.69 Mbps on Xbox via "detailed network statistics" in the console settings
116.8 Mbps on my Macbook via the Speed Tester add-on in Kodi

and a meager 29.17 Mbps on Xbox through Kodi's Speed Tester add-on

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to get Kodi to at least approach the speed I pay for?
What do you get when using speedtest.net in the Xbox browser?
(2020-09-03, 10:04)Hitcher Wrote: What do you get when using speedtest.net in the Xbox browser?

Just checked, 26.96 Mbps :/

Checked fast.com and it registered 26 Mbps as well.  

Guess it's likely not a Kodi issue then.  Makes Xbox's built in speed test seem a bit fishy though
(2020-09-03, 10:00)ntilikp Wrote: As the title states, I'm experiencing a very large discrepancy in network speeds when testing via Xbox's detailed network statistics feature and the Speed Test add-on within Kodi.  

From a wired connection I get: 

83.69 Mbps on Xbox via "detailed network statistics" in the console settings
116.8 Mbps on my Macbook via the Speed Tester add-on in Kodi

and a meager 29.17 Mbps on Xbox through Kodi's Speed Tester add-on

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to get Kodi to at least approach the speed I pay for?

Hello

Did you get anywhere with this I have the same problem ....there is a massive difference in what my Xbox gets (and that matches the speeds I should have) and the speed I get in the Kodi app ....I know this must be down some Kodi settings.....I hope

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download Speed within Kodi much slower than Download Speed in Xbox's network stats0