• 84(current)
v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)
#0717, 18-Jul-2020: RPi / RPi2 / RPi4 -- Release post (New firmware; new 5.4.51 kernel; RPi4 bootloader: New beta pieeprom-2020-07-16 and vl805-000138a1; RPi4: HBR audio and passthrough support; gcc: update to 10.1.0; ffmpeg-4.3-Matrix-Alpha1)

I have installed the version and when I want to install an addon there is always xbmc.python error.

No idea what to do about it
(2020-09-29, 20:46)carlp Wrote: If you have bluetooth audio no sound issue, consider updating to Kodi 19.

My airpods 2 get no sound after 3~5 min video playback in LibreELEC 9.2.5 (Kodi 18.8)
I think the real cause could be that I installed home assistant in docker, and it tried to connect other bluetooth device when audio was played on airpods simultaneously.
If home assistant is disabled while watch video, bluetooth audio have no issue.
(2020-10-03, 10:33)CloneSnow Wrote: #0717, 18-Jul-2020: RPi / RPi2 / RPi4 -- Release post (New firmware; new 5.4.51 kernel; RPi4 bootloader: New beta pieeprom-2020-07-16 and vl805-000138a1; RPi4: HBR audio and passthrough support; gcc: update to 10.1.0; ffmpeg-4.3-Matrix-Alpha1)

I have installed the version and when I want to install an addon there is always xbmc.python error.

No idea what to do about it

kodi 19 have python 3, kodi 18 is python 2, they are incompatible.
check the kodi addon repository is the correct version.
Dumb question - VNC addon / plugin not available for the test build yet?
I'm going to assume based on the activity of the thread, that's a no.
Hello everyone,

I have recently installed LibreELEC on my raspi4 b that I purchased specifically to test out this wonderful version of Kodi that support 3D movies that are frame packed.

I installed the .tar file for the specific Millhouse build, then I setup a UPNP server from my windows PC that has the ISOs.

Now when i go to the RasPi I see my selected folder from the UPNP server and im able to play regular files, however the ISO files arent showing up.

I see the folder, but when i go into the folder it is blank.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
(2020-10-19, 06:34)Spikee Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have recently installed LibreELEC on my raspi4 b that I purchased specifically to test out this wonderful version of Kodi that support 3D movies that are frame packed.

I installed the .tar file for the specific Millhouse build, then I setup a UPNP server from my windows PC that has the ISOs.

Now when i go to the RasPi I see my selected folder from the UPNP server and im able to play regular files, however the ISO files arent showing up.

I see the folder, but when i go into the folder it is blank.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

3D is not now. 4k is downsized to 1080p. (or you use the "official" build, 4k works, but 3D on none build at now)
You should connect the folders directly via NFS:
Did anyone else lost the ability to software playback HEVC on RPi3 on the latest builds?

I'm running today's build. Oddly It does play AV1 (up to 720p, 8bit and stereo).

Is there a way to solve it?

Please, let me know
(2020-10-20, 11:40)querty1000 Wrote: 3D is not now. 4k is downsized to 1080p. (or you use the "official" build, 4k works, but 3D on none build at now)
You should connect the folders directly via NFS:

What do you mean with "official build"? Kodi 18? I downloaded the test build from https://test.libreelec.tv/ for the RPI 4 and this plex addon build as the official one fails to start. 4k is downgraded to 1080p as you said and HDR isn't working. I cannot search for HDR in this thread because it's too short.
(2020-10-20, 11:40)querty1000 Wrote: You should connect the folders directly via NFS:

Do you know of a method for doing this with a Windows server? Windows10 doesn't have native NFS server support unless you are running the Windows Server version of Windows.
(2020-10-28, 16:51)KaraokeAmerica Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 11:40)querty1000 Wrote: You should connect the folders directly via NFS:

Do you know of a method for doing this with a Windows server? Windows10 doesn't have native NFS server support unless you are running the Windows Server version of Windows.
My understanding is that UPNP is a media server that only 'knows' certain file types. As you are using Windows, I guess your other option is to use SMB shares.
(2020-10-28, 19:05)mcelliott Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 16:51)KaraokeAmerica Wrote:

My understanding is that UPNP is a media server that only 'knows' certain file types. As you are using Windows, I guess your other option is to use SMB shares.

That may be. I don't directly use UPnP for anything. 99% of the time I access a Windows based Plex server via either commercial streaming devices (Roku, Shield, etc) or via LibreELEC or OSMC boxes using the Plex for Kodi add-on. I have not traditionally set up shares directly from Kodi to that Windows server and I have no idea how Plex does it based on a user login instead of server shares.

I am interested in doing more with my Linux/Kodi devices though and wanted to find the best way to do this. My understanding is that NFS is the best protocol, but since Windows desktop doesn't have it, how do people do it that way?
(2020-10-28, 19:25)KaraokeAmerica Wrote: I am interested in doing more with my Linux/Kodi devices though and wanted to find the best way to do this. My understanding is that NFS is the best protocol, but since Windows desktop doesn't have it, how do people do it that way?

Windows has an NFS client for the higher Enterprise versions. Other than that, there is a shareware(?) tool at Paragorn, with which you can also set up NFS connections.
Kodi has internal NFS support, but that section is a bit tricky, as not all server-client combinations will work for some odd reason. As a remedy, you can add NFS connections to your sources.xml file manually.

But alternatively, you can try and use some old computer to install Ubuntu Server on it. Or use a VM like VirtualBox.
Once you know the Linux basics, you can set up a full server with NFS in under 15 minutes.

I've been using Ubuntu+NFS for XBMC/Kodi for almost 10 years now, and basically problem-free.
My biggest relief when going from Windows to Linux? Not having to deal with Microsoft's belittling way of updating your operating system.
In Linux, you enter 1 double command on the comand line, and the entire OS and subsequent programs will be updated. Stat and quickly. (Of course, you can also do it the clickety-click way)
(2020-10-28, 19:51)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 19:25)KaraokeAmerica Wrote: I am interested in doing more with my Linux/Kodi devices though and wanted to find the best way to do this. My understanding is that NFS is the best protocol, but since Windows desktop doesn't have it, how do people do it that way?

Windows has an NFS client for the higher Enterprise versions. Other than that, there is a shareware(?) tool at Paragorn, with which you can also set up NFS connections.
Kodi has internal NFS support, but that section is a bit tricky, as not all server-client combinations will work for some odd reason. As a remedy, you can add NFS connections to your sources.xml file manually.

In Linux, you enter 1 double command on the comand line, and the entire OS and subsequent programs will be updated.

Yes, I run Raspberry Pi's for various things in my house so I'm familiar with the APT stuff. The thing is that I use that "server" for many things which I find easier to do in Windows, my wife can do them as well etc. Also, I use BackBlaze as my server backup and that ONLY runs on Windows or Mac:

https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/arti...ng-Systems

Given how much storage I have on that thing my backups are critical so I need to leave it as Windows for the foreseeable future.

As far as NFS for Windows I search the Paragon site and don't see anything like that. Lot's of cool utilities for HDDs and formats, but nothing for being able to create NFS shares on Windows that I can see.

https://www.paragon-software.com/about/p...l_products
(2020-09-08, 16:09)HiassofT Wrote:
(2020-09-08, 14:42)gandharva Wrote: As this nightly builds are dead now, I wonder if it would be possible to set up automated travis builds on github for this new branches?

We already have that, nightly builds are available here: https://test.libreelec.tv/

But be aware that the LibreELEC code base is under heavy changes ATM and there are several know issues. We switched RPi/RPi2 over to full KMS and V4L2 decoders, I wouldn't recommend testing these at this point. So you have been warned :-)

so long,

Hias
I only use LibreELEC on a Pi4 atm.

Installed last Pi4 build. Had to turn Passtrough off and on again to get it to work, but beside that minor glitch everything I use works fine. Any howto on how to add these builds to the updater function?
Are devs still monitoring this thread, or do you prefer github reports? If github, what's the best spot? Thank you!
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)8