• 18(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
@anxdpanic 

So I tried again on a fresh install (Kodi 18.8 on nvidia shield tv) and I'm starting to think it's not related to skip intro because I was able to successfully disable the feature and the problem still occurs. When it hits an intro it just buffers and stalls for whatever reason. I'm linking what I got from the logs after starting an episode of Adventure Time since the show starts right into the intro. It seems like it might be some issue with audio? But I'm mostly illiterate when it comes to this so I don't know, maybe you can make something of this. Anyways this issue is too breaking for me right now so I've switched back to the official plex addon but would prefer to use this so I'd be happy to give you any more info or test help if you need it. Oh and I substituted my actual server url for XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX that does show up properly in the logs.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ikitofajoh.kodi
(2020-10-16, 09:33)thomas.rehberg Wrote: P.S.: just found in this forum that you can force a connection test by simply clearing the cache. Will do that first to provoke a log-entry that can help. 
Might come back with a debug log in case I can generate something useful by that.

Well... it turned out that something must have corrupted my Kodi installation. I first tried with another qpkg for QNAP, Kodi 18.5, and it worked out of the box. Then I did a re-install of Kodi 18.8, and it works out as well.
No errors at debug level gave any indication, nothing that helped avoiding this brute force resolution. Maybe something went odd with the chrooted filesystem.
Happy now, just need to live with no finding but a clean install having fixed the issue.
Closed.
will this work with a Google Chromecast + Google TV unit please?  thank you.
Well I'm unsure of what exactly was causing the problem but I was able to get it working by switching the stream type to smb and overriding the smb location. Seems to be working well for now.
Does anyone sometimes have a problem where the show you finish watching , doesnt get marked as watched, and displays about 75% watched?
(2020-10-28, 04:41)ryadre Wrote: Does anyone sometimes have a problem where the show you finish watching , doesnt get marked as watched, and displays about 75% watched?
I think this happens when it runs Composite Server Discovery part way through an episode, usually caused by exiting full screen and maybe also when pausing or skipping back and forward. You can test it by navigating around the home screen part way through an episode, you will see the Discovery popup, and then it doesn't run when the episode finishes. That's what I think causes this.
(2020-10-28, 10:17)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 04:41)ryadre Wrote: Does anyone sometimes have a problem where the show you finish watching , doesnt get marked as watched, and displays about 75% watched?
I think this happens when it runs Composite Server Discovery part way through an episode, usually caused by exiting full screen and maybe also when pausing or skipping back and forward. You can test it by navigating around the home screen part way through an episode, you will see the Discovery popup, and then it doesn't run when the episode finishes. That's what I think causes this.
Ok thanks, yea it doesnt happen all the time, so must be something like this.
I suddenly can't resume episodes using Composite v1.4.1 on Kodi 18.8. All partially watched episodes start from the beginning. I've tried changing the playback action to resume, but that doesn't help still plays from the start.
(2020-10-11, 19:23)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 00:04)gregeeh Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 23:07)LupinSansei Wrote: Can anyone please walk me through this? Smile
Look Here

Did that and sadly it still shows an empty box :/
@LupinSansei Did you ever solve this issue? I’m on Matrix and experiencing the same issue.
I am having some issues regarding the subtitle part of the add-on. When downloading subtitles through Kodi, the subtitle disappears as soon as I restart Kodi. Regardless if I choose Kodi or Plex controlled “Audio and Subtitle selector” under the Playback section. Also if I choose smb, http, afp or auto from “Stream from PMS”, no impact at all.

I am running Kodi 19 alpha 3 with Composite v1.4.1 on a Windows 10 and Plex Version 1.20.4.3517
@LupinSansei @danofun
Would need a debug log

@gregeeh
There currently is not, not sure on that in the future.

@yekul
You could use a skin that supports widgets and add Composite widgets to improve the look and feel.

@Eggroley
If those servers are connected to from a non-standard url you can add a custom url for those servers in Manage Servers
Otherwise I would need a debug log.

@gizmomel
No idea but I'd say unlikely

@FXB78 @ryadre
I snuck in 1.4.1 which will use cached servers if playback is running. So that scenario should not happen now.
If the issue persists keep me posted, and debug log if possible

@xpronic
I will double check next chance I have

@krl69
The add-on doesn't download the subtitles so no settings will affect that.
This is likely default behavior for Kodi, not an area I'm directly familiar with though.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
@danofun sadly I never did figure it out and went back to Leia for the time being.

@anxdpanic I can try getting you a log once I'm back on Matrix. Reason I want to add to my library is because I use PseudoTV which I believe requires a Kodi library if that makes sense? I know another issue I had when adding TVshows to my library it too showed blank.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2020-11-03, 21:32)anxdpanic Wrote: @krl69
The add-on doesn't download the subtitles so no settings will affect that.
This is likely default behavior for Kodi, not an area I'm directly familiar with though.
Of course, the add-on doesn’t download the subtitle, I was talking about the Kodi manual subtitle downloader. Press Menu when the movie/TV-episode is running and select subtitle. If I use this option, the subtitle doesn’t save to the folder of the movie, like Kodi does when using the standard library function inside Kodi. And if I use the option to browse for the subtitle, finding the srt subtitle file, I’m only getting the plugin folder, not the smb folder. I believe the problem has something to with this. My old PlexKodiConnect didn’t have these problems, but the plugin is not Kodi 19(Python 3) compatible, so I have to use the Composite add-on, which is working as it should, apart from these subtitle issues. PKC has a option they call "Direct Paths", I dont see similar options in the Composite client. Maby the answer is there? 
Is anyone else having issue with Trailers not working??
Hi, this looks like just what i want, except, i read that it doesnt update watched status from library. It seems like thats pretty much the second most important thing after being able to actually watch the videos. I cant quite see how I would use this without that but perhaps I am misunderstanding the posts?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0