• 3(current)
Kodi + Shield + Dolby Vision
Note also that once any changes are done to allow DV from mvk containers, the number of devices this will allow to playback DV will probably be a relatively small number of Android devices, as there will still be a requirement for the device to have been official certified by Dolby.
(2020-11-26, 16:39)jjd-uk Wrote: Note also that once any changes are done to allow DV from mvk containers, the number of devices this will allow to playback DV will probably be a relatively small number of Android devices, as there will still be a requirement for the device to have been official certified by Dolby.
Assuming that the device is Dolby Vision certified, once the changes are made, would mkv DV playback work in CoreELEC as well or only in Android?
(2020-11-26, 15:00)hoppel118 Wrote: Are you from Germany and also a kodinerds member?
No I am from The Netherlands. But I have been using the Kodinerds Matrix APKs for a long time, since they are built from source and because they have a different package name you can run it alongside the official Kodi app.

This makes it easier to test the new features in the nightly builds and still switch back to the official Kodi if required.

Unfortunately it's not allowed to post links to non-official Kodi builds on here, but as always Google is your friend Smile
(2020-11-26, 19:14)dysprosium Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 16:39)jjd-uk Wrote: Note also that once any changes are done to allow DV from mvk containers, the number of devices this will allow to playback DV will probably be a relatively small number of Android devices, as there will still be a requirement for the device to have been official certified by Dolby.
Assuming that the device is Dolby Vision certified, once the changes are made, would mkv DV playback work in CoreELEC as well or only in Android?

As far as I'm aware the necessary bits are baked into the hardware, so might be possible if the device ships with Android and DV is listed as supported but it's possible to dual boot to CE. Where DV will be impossible to get out is on Windows or any x86 Linux variant since as far as I'm aware there's no certified hardware.
Dolby Vision is possible under Windows 10 from May Update 2020, you need Dolby Vision Extension for Windows from Dolby Laboratories, available on Microsoft Store for free, and a licensed hardware, like Intel HD Graphics 610 or higher.
I'm not quite sure you exactly need a chip from Dolby is more like a place to put a firmware or something that they send to you.
(2020-11-26, 22:46)siriusbox Wrote: Dolby Vision is possible under Windows 10 from May Update 2020, you need Dolby Vision Extension for Windows from Dolby Laboratories, available on Microsoft Store for free, and a licensed hardware, like Intel HD Graphics 610 or higher.

which software do you use ?!?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I don't use any, it's just it was announced sometime ago, I didn't try myself, and I guess that's intended for streaming services, for instance, watching Netflix on Edge browser, not sure if it will work for standalone players.

After be sure you have Windows 10 May Update + Dolby Vision Extension + Latest drivers from Intel (and a 610 or higher), turn on HDR on Windows as well, and start by trying Netflix on Edge, then maybe you could try Kodi 19 latest beta and a MP4 with Dolby Vision.

Regards.
(2020-11-27, 11:56)siriusbox Wrote: I don't use any, it's just it was announced sometime ago, I didn't try myself, and I guess that's intended for streaming services, for instance, watching Netflix on Edge browser, not sure if it will work for standalone players.

After be sure you have Windows 10 May Update + Dolby Vision Extension + Latest drivers from Intel (and a 610 or higher), turn on HDR on Windows as well, and start by trying Netflix on Edge, then maybe you could try Kodi 19 latest beta and a MP4 with Dolby Vision.

Regards.
netflix and mp4 file can playback with any DV TV , it's not interesting... only ISO/BDMV or .ts  playback it's real interesting.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Wondering if anyone has managed to playback local Dolby Vision mp4 files.
I've built Matrix 19.0 Beta1 from master but Dolby's sample file ([email protected]_15200kbps.mp4) doesn't do anything, am I doing something wrong?
Hi @quietvoid

in the german Kodinerds forum we tested the mp4 Dolby Vision sample files listed here:

https://www.demolandia.net/4k-video-test...age-1.html

The files worked for us/me with latest Kodi master (Maven’s Custom Build from 26.11.20 based on Kodi Master).

I added the link to the Kodi samples in the wiki under „4.15 Dolby Vision MP4 Test Samples (hosted by Demolandia)“:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Thanks. I know my build seems to not be using Kodi's internal ffmpeg, but it still shows that Android's dvhe decoder is being used in the logs.
Will try to figure out.
What is your build? Where can we find it?

If you have something we can test, please share it. Wink

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
I'm still just trying to build Kodi master so that it works with mp4, then I'll just change ffmpeg and hope it works with MKV.
Fantastic! Keep us updated, please! Wink

Regards Hoppel

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi + Shield + Dolby Vision0