• 19(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
(2020-11-08, 05:35)jadel Wrote: Hi, this looks like just what i want, except, i read that it doesnt update watched status from library. It seems like thats pretty much the second most important thing after being able to actually watch the videos. I cant quite see how I would use this without that but perhaps I am misunderstanding the posts?
You are correct about the watched status in the Kodi Library, it's a deal breaker for me especially if you are watching videos on multiple devices.  Apparently the only way this can happen is by touching/changing the Video Database that is a no no  as far as Kodi is concerned.  I eventually decided to go down the PKC route because of this short coming.
(2020-11-08, 05:42)gregeeh Wrote:
(2020-11-08, 05:35)jadel Wrote: Hi, this looks like just what i want, except, i read that it doesnt update watched status from library. It seems like thats pretty much the second most important thing after being able to actually watch the videos. I cant quite see how I would use this without that but perhaps I am misunderstanding the posts?
You are correct about the watched status in the Kodi Library, it's a deal breaker for me especially if you are watching videos on multiple devices.  Apparently the only way this can happen is by touching/changing the Video Database that is a no no  as far as Kodi is concerned.  I eventually decided to go down the PKC route because of this short coming.

Thanks, it's a very strange thing to not have and PKC updates watched status so it's clearly not a Kodi issue.
Quote:so it's clearly not a Kodi issue.
Kodi rules state that an add-on must not play around with the database.  PKC does and is therefore not an Official Add-on.
(2020-11-08, 06:59)gregeeh Wrote:
Kodi rules state that an add-on must not play around with the database.  PKC does and is therefore not an Official Add-on.

oh, "official" addon. Got it thanks. Its totally not worth gimping an addon to get official addon status imo. But its not my addon so its not my call i guess.
(2020-11-08, 05:42)gregeeh Wrote:
Wouldn't the Trakt plugin help here?
(2020-11-08, 07:53)jadel Wrote:
(2020-11-08, 06:59)gregeeh Wrote:

oh, "official" addon. Got it thanks. Its totally not worth gimping an addon to get official addon status imo. But its not my addon so its not my call i guess.
Composite (and PleXBMC before it) wasn't designed to be integrated into the Library, it works perfectly as a stand-alone addon. He just decided to bolt on some limited Library functionality a while ago. If you want full Library features use PKC.
I use the on deck feature as a widget, and I have the trakt add-on installed. So my next episodes are displayed in on deck, and I have a record in trakt as well. For some reason composite and plex Kodi add-on don't sync movies with trakt, only tv shows. I also have a widget with trakt progress using tmdb add-on which can search composite (but isn't very refined yet as it shows any search results with any words in the episode name, rather than a direct match)
Another Plex option! Love it!

I am not that experienced with Kodi though. I am a long time Plex user. I MUCH prefer the client server model where I can log in anywhere with internet access like when I travel etc and consume my media anywhere with the ability to add home users etc. However, in my continued need to consume my 3D content I am tied to Kodi for the foreseeable future for better or worse. I have used LibreELEC for a while and with the purchase of a Vero4K+ I am now using OSMC too. I installed the Plex for Kodi add-on in both cases because not only is all my content on my Plex server, it's simply way easier than dealing with mapping drives from Kodi on a streaming device, Pi etc than it is to just log into Plex. Once I do that it all just works. No SMB mappings, no digging through multiple levels of flat menuing to get to a specific movie in a specific folder etc.

I'm explaining these needs and usage because I installed Composite on my Vero4K+/OSMC last night and it works as a video add-on. However, all it seemed to do was make it so I can log into Plex and not have to map drives. I still navigate the Kodi way to get to folders etc. I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something or is there an interface that goes along with composite that makes it work more like Plex itself?

Appreciate any guidance here!
@KaraokeAmerica Use Skin Widgets, then you can add any section directly to the Home Screen of the skin, for example I have 'On Deck' and 'Recently Added' on the Skin Home Screen for easy access (using Arctic Horizon).
(2020-11-13, 15:43)FXB78 Wrote: Use Skin Widgets

Thanks! Since I'm not a Kodi guru, is that an add-on?
(2020-11-13, 16:57)KaraokeAmerica Wrote:
(2020-11-13, 15:43)FXB78 Wrote: Use Skin Widgets

Thanks! Since I'm not a Kodi guru, is that an add-on?
No, widgets are just part of most skins which allow you to add menus to the Home Screen. I use the skin Arctic Horizon from here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351756

This lets you add Home Screen items from Composite instead of trawling through the menus, like this:

It's a bit of a learning curve but the end result means you barely need to even open the Composite addon, you can just access your menus from the Kodi Home Screen.
(2020-11-13, 17:10)FXB78 Wrote: It's a bit of a learning curve but the end result means you barely need to even open the Composite addon, you can just access your menus from the Kodi Home Screen

So I have been checking this out. It sounds cool, but still not the Plex experience I'm looking for. I want to be able to switch users easily and that sort of thing. Do you know of anything that will give me that? I am using Plex for Kodi currently. It still works, but it seems to have become a stagnant project.
(2020-11-03, 21:32)anxdpanic Wrote: @LupinSansei @danofun
Would need a debug log

@gregeeh
There currently is not, not sure on that in the future.

@yekul
You could use a skin that supports widgets and add Composite widgets to improve the look and feel.

@Eggroley
If those servers are connected to from a non-standard url you can add a custom url for those servers in Manage Servers
Otherwise I would need a debug log.

@gizmomel
No idea but I'd say unlikely

@FXB78 @ryadre
I snuck in 1.4.1 which will use cached servers if playback is running. So that scenario should not happen now.
If the issue persists keep me posted, and debug log if possible

@xpronic
I will double check next chance I have

@krl69
The add-on doesn't download the subtitles so no settings will affect that.
This is likely default behavior for Kodi, not an area I'm directly familiar with though.

I've tried custom urls to no avail. I've also tried manually entering the address. I think I've tried most things I can with the add-on.
Here are my logs, don't know if they're perfect but yeah.
https://paste.kodi.tv/guyixuqasi
I tried Composite on my 4k Fire Stick and tested it with a single layer Dolby Vision remux file. I tried the latest builds of both Leia and Matrix-

For some reason it plays back the DV layer as HDR10. Anyone know why? The Fire Stick 4k Plex client plays them in Dolby Vision fine but the audio is stuck in DD+, and doesn't offer all the features that Kodi has to offer.
(2020-12-01, 03:59)Wagg Wrote: I tried Composite on my 4k Fire Stick and tested it with a single layer Dolby Vision remux file. I tried the latest builds of both Leia and Matrix-

For some reason it plays back the DV layer as HDR10. Anyone know why? The Fire Stick 4k Plex client plays them in Dolby Vision fine but the audio is stuck in DD+, and doesn't offer all the features that Kodi has to offer.

Plex on Android uses Exoplayer that likely has DV support, Kodi feeds everything thru the Black Box that is Android Mediacodec.

• 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0