• 46(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
The past few releases I have downloaded from github failed to install. They always got stuck installing at 60%. The releases from this morning finally installed correctly (as well as context.themoviedb.helper). However, no info is loaded from themoviedb when I scan my directories. I have a hard drive with about 50 movies on it and when I "scan to library" it runs through all the files, but does not load any info. This was never a problem until these builds that got stuck installing. However, if I change "choose information provider" to The Movie Database Python selection it will load all the results for the movies. Any idea what could be causing this to happen?
(2020-11-25, 20:30)petercotton Wrote: The past few releases I have downloaded from github failed to install. They always got stuck installing at 60%. The releases from this morning finally installed correctly (as well as context.themoviedb.helper). However, no info is loaded from themoviedb when I scan my directories. I have a hard drive with about 50 movies on it and when I "scan to library" it runs through all the files, but does not load any info. This was never a problem until these builds that got stuck installing. However, if I change "choose information provider" to The Movie Database Python selection it will load all the results for the movies. Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Tmdbhelper is not a scraper and has nothing to do with library scanning.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi @jurialmunkey,

I am using Kodi 18.9 with the Amber skin and TheMovieDB Helper 2.4.36 installed from the official Kodi repository.

On a TV show or an episode, with the title that has accented characters, when I press the info key to display the video info window for that TV show or episode, I get an error message from TheMovieDB Helper but the window is displayed correctly.

I don't have an error message with the movies.

Will an update to TheMovieDB Helper to correct this issue soon be available on the official Kodi repository ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, this is an absolutely superb addon. Just one Trakt related thing that does not seem to work as I want it to.

I have signed in using trakt and can access my trakt lists. I can also select "add to library" from the context menu and add the lists to library, which is also super! The only thing I observe is that these lists dont seem to update when I update it from Trakt.

So for instance, I have 1 list for movies and another for TV shows.

When I add a new movie to the movie list the movie does not seem to be added to the movies library section of TMDB helper, thus it does not get added to the library.

Likewise for TV shows, the new shows I add dont get added to the list. But any new episodes in the existing shows do get updated. 

What could be wrong?
Hi @jurialmunkey firstly thanks for your amazing work.

So i'm getting an error that I hadn't noticed before, haven't done anything to my install besides addons being auto-updated.

Full log file below, should I try a clean install of tmdbh or maybe this is actually a bug?

https://paste.kodi.tv/tihejinanu.kodi
(2020-11-29, 16:08)Cyberdom Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,

I am using Kodi 18.9 with the Amber skin and TheMovieDB Helper 2.4.36 installed from the official Kodi repository.

On a TV show or an episode, with the title that has accented characters, when I press the info key to display the video info window for that TV show or episode, I get an error message from TheMovieDB Helper but the window is displayed correctly.

Will an update to TheMovieDB Helper to correct this issue soon be available on the official Kodi repository ?

Thanks in advance.
The version on the official repo is very old. Hopefully I should have v4 ready for official repo soon. In the meantime you can install the new version from my repo or from github.
(2021-01-02, 15:14)extremeaudio Wrote: Hi, this is an absolutely superb addon. Just one Trakt related thing that does not seem to work as I want it to.

I have signed in using trakt and can access my trakt lists. I can also select "add to library" from the context menu and add the lists to library, which is also super! The only thing I observe is that these lists dont seem to update when I update it from Trakt.

So for instance, I have 1 list for movies and another for TV shows.

When I add a new movie to the movie list the movie does not seem to be added to the movies library section of TMDB helper, thus it does not get added to the library.

Likewise for TV shows, the new shows I add dont get added to the list. But any new episodes in the existing shows do get updated. 

What could be wrong?
The context menu option is just a one time thing. If you want to monitor the list for new changes you need to add it in the tmdbhelper settings under the library update section.

If it isn't your own list, you can get it in the settings by first liking the list on Trakt (settings allows you to add your own lists or lists you have liked)
(2021-01-02, 20:07)janweinreich Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey firstly thanks for your amazing work.

So i'm getting an error that I hadn't noticed before, haven't done anything to my install besides addons being auto-updated.

Full log file below, should I try a clean install of tmdbh or maybe this is actually a bug?

Can you try latest version from github. I think the version that went to repo had a small bug with seasons that is fixed on latest master.
(2021-01-04, 01:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 16:08)Cyberdom Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,

Thanks in advance.
The version on the official repo is very old. Hopefully I should have v4 ready for official repo soon. In the meantime you can install the new version from my repo or from github.
Thank you for your answer @jurialmunkey. Strongly the update on the Kodi repository.
(2021-01-04, 01:58)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 20:07)janweinreich Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey firstly thanks for your amazing work.

Can you try latest version from github. I think the version that went to repo had a small bug with seasons that is fixed on latest master.

Can't at the moment, the lady is on a binge frenzy lol.
Error hasn't shown up anymore on 4.1.5 tho, weird.

On another subject, I noticed that the widgets use moviegenreicons.transparent icon pack which is missing several icons for tmdb categories, do you think it's possible we could get the attention from the authors of this pack and beg for an update?
I know it's minor but totally triggers my OCD when the lady says "why are these icons missing?? My apple TV is better"  Rofl

Movies: "TV Movie"
Series: "Action & Adventure" "News" "Reality" "Sci-Fi & Fantasy" "Soap" "Talk" "War & Politics"
(2021-01-04, 01:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 15:14)extremeaudio Wrote:  
The context menu option is just a one time thing. If you want to monitor the list for new changes you need to add it in the tmdbhelper settings under the library update section.

If it isn't your own list, you can get it in the settings by first liking the list on Trakt (settings allows you to add your own lists or lists you have liked)

Oh, just saw that section, that's excellent!  So does it update only at the fixed time, or can it be set to auto update every time kodi starts? Right now I tried setting a time at which TMDB should check with Trakt for an update to 9 am. But when I switched on my box at 905 am, it seems to have skipped the scheduled update. Guess kodi needs to be running at the time of the scheduled update. A manual "update library now" fetched the missing titles from the list just fine.
(2021-01-04, 17:48)extremeaudio Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 01:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 15:14)extremeaudio Wrote:  
Oh, just saw that section, that's excellent!  So does it update only at the fixed time, or can it be set to auto update every time kodi starts? Right now I tried setting a time at which TMDB should check with Trakt for an update to 9 am. But when I switched on my box at 905 am, it seems to have skipped the scheduled update. Guess kodi needs to be running at the time of the scheduled update. A manual "update library now" fetched the missing titles from the list just fine.

Any help with this? It seems like I have to manually trigger an update most of the times!

Another thing I noticed; I have created a list which keeps getting updated on trakt when new movies are released. But when I go into this list from tmdb helper it does not sort it by recently added until I choose the "browse sorted list" option, select "date added" and view it. Is there a way to make this default?
@jurialmunkey , happy new year!

Did something change with the "library_nextaired" function? Does it use trakt only now? Also, how do I get the tv station (network) that the episode is airing in? Before I used ListItem.Property(Studio.1.Name), but now it seems that returns the production company for the tv show, not the tv station that the show airs in.  By the way, I could not find in the wiki the documentation regarding the "library_nextaired" function.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

TMDBH for Kodi 19 Matrix ? when it will ready ?
(2021-01-23, 23:03)nazim12 Wrote: Image

TMDBH for Kodi 19 Matrix ? when it will ready ?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ree/matrix
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2