• 25(current)
Kodi + Shield + Dolby Vision
Ok, I see some differences to my configuration. Will check that in the evening.

Did you configure the whitelist? If so, what exactly did you configure?

Thanks @MrMagic and regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-01-12, 03:40)hoppel118 Wrote: So, you say, it should already work with the build I tested?

Yes.
On one build. I believe it was KodiDv-34.
I have removed the reset function.
With that removed Kodi can't configure itself during playback causing micro stuttering.

For the build you are using now I haven't touch the reset function. It's there as it has always been.
All I did was add the 3 lines you see in that commit.

About informing nvidia.
The more information the better.

Let's start only with Exoplayer.
Does P7 FEL or P7 MEL have faulty starts with ExoPlayer?
Does other profiles have any playback problem with Exoplayer?
(2021-01-12, 11:28)MrMagic Wrote: Thanks again for all your hard work @fandangos. This build is very usable until the "real" issue is fixed (which probably needs to be done by Nvidia).

Which build? where did you download it from? I have LG CX OLED with Dolby Vision and Shield Pro 2019 and I'm keen to get DV working with Kodi. How do I get that?
Ok, thanks for the explanation. Will check my configuration and maybe try older builds, if I can’t solve the issue.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
@gil80 Read the last 20 Posts please to get an overview of the current situation.

The latest test build you find here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3002367

Regards Hoppel

(2021-01-12, 12:23)hoppel118 Wrote: @gil80 Read the last 20 Posts please to get an overview of the current situation.

Regards Hoppel
Is this the 64bit?
(2021-01-12, 15:58)gil80 Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 12:23)hoppel118 Wrote: @gil80 Read the last 20 Posts please to get an overview of the current situation.

Regards Hoppel
Is this the 64bit?

yeap
Found a problem. If the source is too slow..
Example: google drive for a 70gb remux it will give small stuttering and possible wrong colors.

I'm working on it.
Hi,
I am new to thread and I tried.to catch up.

I tried a couple DV Profile 7 mkvs and everything seems to.work so far. Sometimes the movie does not start, but nothing crashes or something. Just hitting Play again and the movie starts to play. I also do not see any micro stutters so far.
Testes with Game of Thrones and the 2 examples from this thread.

My Kodi settings are mostly identical to the settings from MrMagic. I also enabled audio passthrough and configured the whitelist, where I enabled all 4K resolutions.

However I have one questions, is only DV profile 7 in a mkv container supported or also other profiles and container like a dual layer mp4?
(2021-01-12, 16:31)fandangos Wrote: Found a problem. If the source is too slow..
Example: google drive for a 70gb remux it will give small stuttering and possible wrong colors.

I'm working on it.

And fixed

If the source is too slow we need to wait a little longer to render the frame (but we can't wait too much or else DV will give wrong colors).
And increased the input buffer timeout again to 10000 ms for slow sources.

Tested a few movies from google drive, which should be the worst case scenario possible. It worked. 
If anyone is doing this, remember to increase the buffer with advancedsettings.xml.

Build here:
https://mega.nz/file/LY82lAYR#8LvPmkCs_Y...ZqA3PR4OfE

Hope we can put DV to rest now.
(2021-01-12, 17:35)Fehritale Wrote: However I have one questions, is only DV profile 7 in a mkv container supported or also other profiles and container like a dual layer mp4?

MP4 worked since long time ago since it was implemented in ffmpeg. 

Other profiles are hit or miss. 
And this is mostly dependent on Shield's DOVI decoder.
Much like VP9, which the shield can't decode at all.
(2021-01-12, 12:01)hoppel118 Wrote: Did you configure the whitelist? If so, what exactly did you configure?
Yes I have the white list configured with only the 3840x2160 resolutions (all refresh rates), otherwise the Shield's AI upscaling for 1080p material doesn't work.
Hi Fandangos

Thanks for your great Work

I have tested many files and it works perfect without stutter with the Settings of MrMagic
Adjust display refresh rate = "On start/stop", Sync playback to display = "Off", Resolution = "3840x2160P" and Refresh rate = "59.94", Delay after change of refresh rate = "3.5 seconds".

I have tested 7 Films 5 minutes long and all runs perfect without stutter

The only Thing is that sometimes a film can be not started when you play another file and then a DV file then it starts

I will test today in the evening 2 Films in the complete length and i will see if it gives a problem
(2021-01-12, 18:06)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 16:31)fandangos Wrote: Found a problem. If the source is too slow..

I'm working on it.

And fixed

If the source is too slow we need to wait a little longer to render the frame (but we can't wait too much or else DV will give wrong colors).

Tested a few movies from google drive, which should be the worst case scenario possible. It worked. 
If anyone is doing this, remember to increase the buffer with advancedsettings.xml.

Build here:

Yes and hopefully someone can compile a 18.9 version.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
(2021-01-12, 19:11)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 18:06)fandangos Wrote:

I'm working on it.

And fixed

Build here:

Yes and hopefully someone can compile a 18.9 version.

There are requests for a 32bits version and a 18.9.

maybe @sk83 could do the 18.9 with the latest changes.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi + Shield + Dolby Vision0