Does Kodi play WMA videos?
I'm running Kodi 18.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. Will this play WMA videos? Is there a list of supported video formats?

BobbymgTD
New to the Forum
(2021-01-23, 20:35)bobbymgTD Wrote: I'm running Kodi 18.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. Will this play WMA videos? Is there a list of supported video formats?

BobbymgTD
New to the Forum
I have an equivalent setting, as of today I can play mp4, avi, most mkv, mp3, some flv, (haven't tried webm or webp). If there is a list of supported format and/or why some files of certain formats works and other don't, I'm also interested.
Cheers
Do you have a link to an example wma file that is free of copyright?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
I thought the A in WMA was for "Audio" perhaps the files are named wrong?

Martin
(2021-01-23, 20:35)bobbymgTD Wrote: Will this play WMA videos?
(2021-01-23, 20:56)emveepee Wrote: I thought the A in WMA was for "Audio" perhaps the files are named wrong?

WMA = Windows Media Audio file.
WMV = the video equivalent.

A file with the WMA file extension is a Windows Media Audio file. Also developed by Microsoft is the Windows Media Video file format, which uses the WMV extension. ASF is a video and audio container format also developed by Microsoft that often contains WMA or WMV data.

So what type of file are you trying to play in Kodi?
(2021-01-23, 21:48)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-01-23, 20:35)bobbymgTD Wrote: Will this play WMA videos?
(2021-01-23, 20:56)emveepee Wrote: I thought the A in WMA was for "Audio" perhaps the files are named wrong?

WMA = Windows Media Audio file.
WMV = the video equivalent.

A file with the WMA file extension is a Windows Media Audio file. Also developed by Microsoft is the Windows Media Video file format, which uses the WMV extension. ASF is a video and audio container format also developed by Microsoft that often contains WMA or WMV data.

So what type of file are you trying to play in Kodi?

My mistake, I meant WMV.
(2021-01-23, 20:46)graysky Wrote: Do you have a link to an example wma file that is free of copyright?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
I believe WMV files can contain a number of different codecs (in the same way that mp4 and mkv files can) so it may depend on the codec used in the WMV files in question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Kodi play WMA videos?0