• 9(current)
Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
(2020-12-26, 20:33)seahorse Wrote: @pkscout
yes indeed, it's in the video context settings but you can apply it to all video's. You can also set it in advancedsettings.xml. I think you can have an advancedsettings.xml per kodi profile so if I could switch kodi profile from within audio profile then that might work.
Advancedsettings.xml is a global setting so I have to change it back if I go back to HDMI because there I don't have the latency problem.
Cheers,
Luc
Switching Kodi profiles is well outside the scope of this addon.  I'm not even sure you can switch the profile while playback is going. I think that would drop you out of playback and back to he GUI. And unforunately I've never found a good way to store and switch the settings available in the context settings.
(2020-12-26, 18:03)candrian Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 17:49)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 16:02)candrian Wrote: Hi pkscout,
first of all thanks a lot for this Add-On. This is in daily use and one of my main triggers for Kodi.....Audio Profiles together with APO EQ is the perfect combination for my setup. (WIN10 HTPC --> USB Multichannel DAC --> 5 channel power amp .... no AVR).

Question / request: do you plan auto switch for multichannel audio?

I'm hearing more and more SACD / DTS music and would like auto switch from stereo to 5.1.

Thanks!
You should probably take a look at the wiki for Audio Profiles.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles

There is already an option to detect multichannel audio and change to a profile of your choice.

Hi pkscout,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I checked the wiki already and it seems working for videos only... I couldn't run it with multichannel music files.
Sorry, I missed that part when I read the first post. I don't have any multichannel music with which to test.  If you could put a couple files somewhere and PM me a link to them, I'll see what I can do. Once I'm done I'll delete the files you provided me (assuming they are copyrighted music).
I wouldn't need that during playback. But I'm just thinking it wouldn't actually help me to switch Kodi profile because I don't think that 
I could synchronize the two profiles which I obviously would need (library, ...)
A shame there's no way to also store the (global) context settings, that would do the trick.(it does for volume, boost, ..)
I don't need a setting per video I'm watching, the audio offset is applied to all video (option in context settings)
Cheers
I did some more poking around and I found that the setting I need is in "guisettings.xml" under <defaultvideosettings> namely <audiodelay>0.000000</audiodelay>.
This is a global setting so I don't know if Audio Profiles could safe and update this while switching?
(2020-12-28, 17:28)seahorse Wrote: I did some more poking around and I found that the setting I need is in "guisettings.xml" under <defaultvideosettings> namely <audiodelay>0.000000</audiodelay>.
This is a global setting so I don't know if Audio Profiles could safe and update this while switching?
I've never found a way to change those settings using either Python or JSON calls. And changing the xml file manually is not allowed (and a horrible idea anyway).
(2020-06-25, 18:00)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-25, 11:49)tomasiek Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 07:34)tomasiek Wrote: Another idea came to me. We can set a given profile for the source type (video / pvr). We also have depending on the type of sound (stereo / multi). But I miss something like the priority of these settings. If I choose the HDMI profile for PVR, I would like that even if there is 5.1 sound the selection window does not appear. If I do not set anything for video, the selection window would appear depending on the type of sound (stereo / 5.1)
Any chance?
Probably not.  The user interface for something like that would be exceptionally convoluted in Kodi, and the coding necessary to deal with the nearly infinite number of permutations of prioritization of choices would be very difficult to get right.

I changed the line 100 to something like this:
python:
if content_autoswitch not in ['auto_music', 'auto_pvr_radio', 'auto_pvr_tv']:

Thanks to this, the profile selection window does not appear on prv
Hi, I have noticied a possible issue when zapping. I using tvheadend plugin for kodi. I have two profiles, one for multichannel and another for stereo channel. If I stop playing and then, I select the channel the profile switch. However, if I do the same but without stopping playing any channel, it does not work. 
Any idea?
Thank you.
(2021-02-02, 17:32)philipsduff Wrote: Hi, I have noticied a possible issue when zapping. I using tvheadend plugin for kodi. I have two profiles, one for multichannel and another for stereo channel. If I stop playing and then, I select the channel the profile switch. However, if I do the same but without stopping playing any channel, it does not work. 
Any idea?
Thank you.
I'll add this to the list of things to look at, but I suspect there isn't going to be a good fix for this.  Audio Profiles only checks on things when the player changes state (i.e. start, stop). When you're viewing a live channel in PVR, the player starts when you start the first channel, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop and restart the player on channel change. So Audio Profiles doesn't know to check the audio stream again.
(2021-02-02, 21:37)pkscout Wrote: is to the list of things to look at, but I suspect there isn't going to be a good fix for this.  Audio Profiles only checks on things when the player changes state (i.e. start, stop). When you're viewing a live channel in PVR, the player starts when you start the first channel, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop and restart the player on channel change. So Audio Profiles doesn't know to check the audio stream again

Perfect. Please let me know if you need any testing or help.
(2020-12-26, 23:44)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 18:03)candrian Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 17:49)pkscout Wrote: You should probably take a look at the wiki for Audio Profiles.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles

There is already an option to detect multichannel audio and change to a profile of your choice.

Hi pkscout,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I checked the wiki already and it seems working for videos only... I couldn't run it with multichannel music files.
Sorry, I missed that part when I read the first post. I don't have any multichannel music with which to test.  If you could put a couple files somewhere and PM me a link to them, I'll see what I can do. Once I'm done I'll delete the files you provided me (assuming they are copyrighted music).
@candrian I wanted to come back to this request. Unfortunately, I don't have good news.  There doesn't appear to be anyway (that I can find anyway) to query an audio file for it's stream details, so I can't add any kind of auto switching for music with specific kinds of audio tracks.
Is it possible to display the active audio profile in some way? I mean a command that would show an active profile that I could connect to the skin (in the label)
(2021-02-15, 14:21)tomasiek Wrote: Is it possible to display the active audio profile in some way? I mean a command that would show an active profile that I could connect to the skin (in the label)
Not currently. I suppose I could add some infolabels with that information.  But the skin author would have to support it. I feel like you have a skin you support, so I guess I could put that on the list of requested features. I have some other stuff in the queue right now, so I'm not sure when I'd be able to get to it. What information would you want to display?
Only the name of the currently used profile. I am modifying the AZ2 skin for myself and I would like the OSD to show me not only the number of channels (like now) but also which audio profile is active. 
This is, of course, the "melody of the future" and not essential to life Smile
Hi,
I love this plugin, which saved me a lot of trouble. However, I have one problem/feature request.
Thanks in advance.

My main audio device is the HDMI TV. I also have a stereo amplifier that I prefer to connect to via USB (since the analogue audio out on my Windows 10 NUC is not that great), as well as BT headphones. Now, the problem is this: when I turn off my amp or my headphones while they are selected, Audio Profiles will switch the output to another (present) device, but I see no logic behind it (the last device, probably). If I turn on that device before changing the profile, though, it will reconnect. Also, JFYI, I can switch to a profile of the device which is currently not present, and if I turn it on, the Audio Profiles will switch to it.

I would suggest the following options:
a) Default fallback option: a profile to switch to if the currently selected device disappears.
b) Ignore missing devices: if a digital audio device in the profile is not present, the request to switch to it should be ignored. It should also be greyed out in the selection menu and not included in the list when toggling through the devices.

There is also another issue that I've not researched thoroughly yet, but in case someone knows... Turning on/off the headphones or the USB connected amplifier will cause short audio stutter, despite the audio being streamed to a different output. The headphone stutter is longer and more noticeable, but in both cases the audio continues without problems afterwards.
(2021-02-20, 20:36)Isambard Prince Wrote: My main audio device is the HDMI TV. I also have a stereo amplifier that I prefer to connect to via USB (since the analogue audio out on my Windows 10 NUC is not that great), as well as BT headphones. Now, the problem is this: when I turn off my amp or my headphones while they are selected, Audio Profiles will switch the output to another (present) device, but I see no logic behind it (the last device, probably). If I turn on that device before changing the profile, though, it will reconnect. Also, JFYI, I can switch to a profile of the device which is currently not present, and if I turn it on, the Audio Profiles will switch to it.

I'm pretty sure that change in Audio devices is not Audio Profiles but core Kodi. Audio Profiles doesn't actually know anything about the devices you have connected, it only looks at the audio stream information to decide which profile to load. So when Kodi detects a device has gone missing, Kodi changes to another device that is still there with Audio Profiles none the wiser.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0