• 124(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-03-07, 15:15)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 14:36)mark_dj Wrote: Is it in any way possible to use a Netflix kind of view (actually something exactly like Flix-BigIcons)? With the faded black on the left and a more popping visual in the upper right corner Smile
Don’t want to ask for too much so if it’s too much work or anything just forget it Smile

I don't know if I understood correctly, but there is no difference in the background, is there? Smile Perhaps you can also explain this in more detail? Smile

watch gallery

I think it’s because of the home screen is configured. I have it set as modern Netflix but the background is still dark. Might it be because it’s a different file/setting? I’ll upload some pictures later Smile
(2021-03-07, 02:36)beatmasterrs Wrote: Anyone who wants to test, please download this version:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip

I hope I didn't forget anything, because with all the main menu views there are many conditions. The code is now much easier to understand and also allows to make adjustments much easier. It is now possible to adjust the brightness of the Netflix fanart window from 40-100%. If everything works fine and there are no errors, everything will be added to the master branch.

The setting for brightness are in skin-settings -> homemenu, under the netflix-fanart window settings and in view 510/520. The netflix fanart window is now the same for home/view 510/20.

@mark_dj

This branch is currently down for me btw. Let us know when you put it back up so I can help test it Smile

Edit:

Ah nevermind I see you merged it!

Edit 2:

New master lets me adjust opacity of the bright part of the background fanart without issue (using Modern Multi-Widgets Netflix)!

Edit 3:

To clarify, that means the issue I described is 25% fixed! :p

This is the Home Screen and the Netflix view at 70%:

Hope you can figure out what it is Smile
(2021-03-07, 11:32)beatmasterrs Wrote: For now, there is imho only the way to press "i" to show the progressbar and information. The OSD will surely be reworked at some point.

Thanks, its no big deal really, but I was used to it Smile.

@semool, thank you I will check that out.
(2021-03-07, 18:52)mark_dj Wrote: This is the Home Screen and the Netflix view at 70%:

View 510 looks good in my eyes, but in the homemenu seems to have a bug. Please can you post screens of all settings you have made, that are for home menu? You can send them to me per pm, if you don't want to post it here. Please make sure, to send the original images, not the thumbs, as in this post Smile

You also can write down your settings here. The best way is, if you could send me your userdata/arctic.zephyr.mod/settings.xml file per pm

So then, I have all infos and can reproduce this behaviour, when I'm at home Smile
(2021-03-07, 19:16)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 18:52)mark_dj Wrote: This is the Home Screen and the Netflix view at 70%:

View 510 looks good in my eyes, but in the homemenu seems to have a bug. Please can you post screens of all settings you have made, that are for home menu? You can send them to me per pm, if you don't want to post it here. Please make sure, to send the original images, not the thumbs, as in this post Smile

You also can write down your settings here. The best way is, if you could send me your userdata/arctic.zephyr.mod/settings.xml file per pm

So then, I have all infos and can reproduce this behaviour, when I'm at home Smile

Sent you a PM with the file Smile
(2021-03-03, 01:20)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote: [quote="beatmasterrs" pid='3019408' dateline='1614711780']
Without a proper detailed(!) error description (so that I can reproduce each step) with (debug)log file, I will not try to solve this issue! The only reason I'm still looking into it is to make sure that the skin doesn't have any other bugs that might be caused by a legal addon.

Thanks a lot! With that, i could easy reproduce the behaviour. Could someone please test the version from this branch?

(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote: I have used other addons, and tried various Home Styles (featured, Mutli-Widget, etc) and different Thumbnail types on the widget, doesn't matter, it happens on all of them, not just TMDBHelper.

I tried this and it seemed to work on matrix which is great. Is this also updated on the Leia version as well?
Thank you.
Gorgeous skin and thanks for your great work!
Small thing I noticed, the twitch icon seems out of place(larger) when next to other icons.
(2021-03-08, 10:34)snyft Wrote: Gorgeous skin and thanks for your great work!
Small thing I noticed, the twitch icon seems out of place(larger) when next to other icons.

Could you please provide a screenshot? So I can take a look at it Smile
(2021-03-08, 10:06)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 01:20)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 21:03)beatmasterrs Wrote: Without a proper detailed(!) error description (so that I can reproduce each step) with (debug)log file, I will not try to solve this issue! The only reason I'm still looking into it is to make sure that the skin doesn't have any other bugs that might be caused by a legal addon.

Thanks a lot! With that, i could easy reproduce the behaviour. Could someone please test the version from this branch?

(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote: I have used other addons, and tried various Home Styles (featured, Mutli-Widget, etc) and different Thumbnail types on the widget, doesn't matter, it happens on all of them, not just TMDBHelper.

I tried this and it seemed to work on matrix which is great. Is this also updated on the Leia version as well?
Thank you.

I have now changed this also for the leia version. Thanks for pointing this out. Smile
(2021-03-08, 10:59)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-08, 10:06)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 01:20)beatmasterrs Wrote: Thanks a lot! With that, i could easy reproduce the behaviour. Could someone please test the version from this branch?

Thank you.

I have now changed this also for the leia version. Thanks for pointing this out. Smile

Thank you so much! Great skin.
(2021-03-07, 15:45)HoleyBoley Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 14:11)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 13:40)HoleyBoley Wrote: This had to do with a low-res white smudge that appears in the vertical and multi-widget modes. Makes OLED panels look dreadful. The effect is most noticeable on dark backgrounds.

Here are the pictures I included before to show the comparison:

https://imgur.com/a/QC4Sdkg

https://imgur.com/a/QC4Sdkg
https://imgur.com/a/6vTPwGy

Edit 1: for link

Edit 2: I believe the below posts may have referenced the same issue:

And

I#ve done a rework on the backgroud section, so it will be easier to modify. So please tell me, when and under which settings/conditions should the under/overlay bis hidden? Maybe i can add a setting or something.

Awesome! Thanks again for all your hard work. I hope I'm understanding you correctly here, but might it be possible to replace the current darkening/blurring overlay with a transparent image that contains only low-opacity 100% black (ie. 0 out of 0-255) colors? It seems that with the current overlay, parts of the image consist of low-opacity grey tints, which seems to be what's causing the overal effect with low-res haze, as well as the issues with OLED panels (as OLEDs do not handle certain dark-greys well).

It would seem that if the right overlay is used, the desired effect could still be achieved, without the downsides. But as said, I might be understanding you wrong.

Edit:

The above would solve all issues for me, but perhaps to address the other posts I quoted, several overlays could be included with different opacity percentages, selectable from settings, so that users could e.g. switch between several levels of blur and darkening.

Edit 2:

Otherwise, in case I read your posts wrong, hiding the overlay when a fallback background image is shown might also work, but might be a less elegant solution.

@beatmasterrs did I answer your question here? Is there anything I might be able to do to assist with this?
Great skin! 
One question: how can I get IMDB ratings to show? I only can see option for RT and MetaCritic. 
Thank you
(2021-03-08, 13:10)HoleyBoley Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 15:45)HoleyBoley Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 14:11)beatmasterrs Wrote: I#ve done a rework on the backgroud section, so it will be easier to modify. So please tell me, when and under which settings/conditions should the under/overlay bis hidden? Maybe i can add a setting or something.

Awesome! Thanks again for all your hard work. I hope I'm understanding you correctly here, but might it be possible to replace the current darkening/blurring overlay with a transparent image that contains only low-opacity 100% black (ie. 0 out of 0-255) colors? It seems that with the current overlay, parts of the image consist of low-opacity grey tints, which seems to be what's causing the overal effect with low-res haze, as well as the issues with OLED panels (as OLEDs do not handle certain dark-greys well).

It would seem that if the right overlay is used, the desired effect could still be achieved, without the downsides. But as said, I might be understanding you wrong.

Edit:

The above would solve all issues for me, but perhaps to address the other posts I quoted, several overlays could be included with different opacity percentages, selectable from settings, so that users could e.g. switch between several levels of blur and darkening.

Edit 2:

Otherwise, in case I read your posts wrong, hiding the overlay when a fallback background image is shown might also work, but might be a less elegant solution.

@beatmasterrs did I answer your question here? Is there anything I might be able to do to assist with this?

I first have to think about how to solve this most elegantly. If you have a GitHub account, you could open an issue so that nothing gets forgotten. That would help, because I am busy with other things right now Smile
(2021-03-08, 13:20)VelimirSaban Wrote: Great skin! 
One question: how can I get IMDB ratings to show? I only can see option for RT and MetaCritic. 
Thank you

There is currently no extra IMDB rating. Basically, the question is whether this makes sense, especially because there is the star rating, which can also be filled by scrapers with the IMDB rating.
  • 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11