• 677(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Other skin(s) have lost the ability to cycle through extra fanart in library views with Kodi Matrix due to Artwork Helper no longer working. How is Aeon Nox able to continue to do it? Is there another package/dependency being used?
(2021-03-18, 05:54)TonalVeil Wrote: Other skin(s) have lost the ability to cycle through extra fanart in library views with Kodi Matrix due to Artwork Helper no longer working. How is Aeon Nox able to continue to do it? Is there another package/dependency being used?
As long as the multiple fanart have been scanned into the library, then any updated skin should be able to scroll the fanart.

Look at the image in Section 2 and you will see how artwork is named... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

Do you have local fanart?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Nobody else has the clearlogo issue?  Is this normal for the skin?
(2021-03-19, 01:02)TCCalvin Wrote: Nobody else has the clearlogo issue? 
No. It works fine for me.

Have you enabled the logo setting?

1. Is your artwork named clearlogo.png not logo.png as many users still do?
2. Can you go to Choose art on the information page and ensure a clearlogo image is available.
3. The artwork tags in the advancedsettings.xml file are no longer needed as they were moved to Settings pages for v19. But... on first run of Kodi v19, those tags were automatically transferred to the new settings, so you will see them under Custom... and you can delete them out of the advancedsettings.xml file if you want. Although keeping them there is one less thing to worry about if you need to rebuild Kodi from fresh in future. Check to ensure the tag is loaded... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
How to remove paused label, clearart, and seekbar only on paused screen?  Logo and Use paused label are unchecked in settings.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-03-18, 06:45)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-18, 05:54)TonalVeil Wrote: Other skin(s) have lost the ability to cycle through extra fanart in library views with Kodi Matrix due to Artwork Helper no longer working. How is Aeon Nox able to continue to do it? Is there another package/dependency being used?
As long as the multiple fanart have been scanned into the library, then any updated skin should be able to scroll the fanart.

Look at the image in Section 2 and you will see how artwork is named... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

Do you have local fanart?

Yes, I have fanart stored locally named "fanart1", "fanart2", etc. Everything works great with Aeon Nox: SiLVO, but the extra fanart is not cycled through in another skin that works with Kodi 19, using the same library. I was told on this forum by its developer that it's because of the lack of Artwork Helper.
(2021-03-19, 04:30)TonalVeil Wrote: is not cycled through in another skin that works with Kodi 19, using the same library. I
Ok, I can't help you with another skin. You will need to ask the skinner of that skin for assistance. Which skin?

The fanart cycling is a skin option. Kodi provides the artwork. The skin (and the skinner) then decides what to do with it.

Because it works in one skin, does not mean it will work in another skin.
My Signature
(2021-03-19, 02:48)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 01:02)TCCalvin Wrote: Nobody else has the clearlogo issue? 
No. It works fine for me.

Have you enabled the logo setting?

1. Is your artwork named clearlogo.png not logo.png as many users still do?
2. Can you go to Choose art on the information page and ensure a clearlogo image is available.
3. The artwork tags in the advancedsettings.xml file are no longer needed as they were moved to Settings pages for v19. But... on first run of Kodi v19, those tags were automatically transferred to the new settings, so you will see them under Custom... and you can delete them out of the advancedsettings.xml file if you want. Although keeping them there is one less thing to worry about if you need to rebuild Kodi from fresh in future. Check to ensure the tag is loaded... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork
Thanks for the reply.

If I enable the "logo" option in the LowList settings, it shows the logo on the TV show listing page fine.

It's during the pause screen where it used to show on Aeon Nox 5 but not in SiLVO unfortunately.

All logos are named correctly and show in other locations (1st image below) just not during the pause screen (2nd image below).

(2021-03-15, 10:00)Jeffers24 Wrote: Thanks to the dev for updating to Kodi 19.
I have installed Kodi 19.0 release and this skin.
Is  Conditional Weather background available to use in Kodi 19?
If it is where would I install it from.
Anyone able to hel with Conditional Weather Background?
(2021-03-19, 06:14)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 04:30)TonalVeil Wrote: is not cycled through in another skin that works with Kodi 19, using the same library. I
Ok, I can't help you with another skin. You will need to ask the skinner of that skin for assistance. Which skin?

The fanart cycling is a skin option. Kodi provides the artwork. The skin (and the skinner) then decides what to do with it.

Possibly Aeon MQ8: see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=358382&page=28 #417
(2014-12-02, 03:37)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 02:59)Warner306 Wrote: Hey, Mike,

Can you tell me how to add views for movie sets?

I will try to help as best I can but I'm not certain what you'd need without some more information on what you are trying to do.

hello when I try to install it on kodi18.9 it tells me that Dependency of xbmc.gui 5.15.0 is missing
(2021-03-19, 10:06)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 10:00)Jeffers24 Wrote: Thanks to the dev for updating to Kodi 19.
I have installed Kodi 19.0 release and this skin.
Is  Conditional Weather background available to use in Kodi 19?
If it is where would I install it from.
Anyone able to hel with Conditional Weather Background?

Hi...

To have conditional weather you have to:

1. Go to Skin Settings -> Customization -> Set Weather Background: download "Weather Fanart- Multi" and select it
2. Go to Skin Settings -> Main menu -> Setup the Aeon Nox main menu -> Weather -> Background: select "Conditional Weather"
That's it!
(2021-03-19, 18:38)lynxstrike Wrote: Hi...

To have conditional weather you have to:

1. Go to Skin Settings -> Customization -> Set Weather Background: download "Weather Fanart- Multi" and select it
2. Go to Skin Settings -> Main menu -> Setup the Aeon Nox main menu -> Weather -> Background: select "Conditional Weather"
That's it!

You can use the 'Weather fanart - Single' too. It will still change the background depending on the condition, it just won't have multiple pictures for the same condition like 'multi'.
(2021-03-19, 06:14)Karellen Wrote:

The skin is Arctic Horizon. The reply I got from jurialmunkey was, "Unfortunately Artwork Helper is needed for extra fanart. There's not really any good way to manage extra fanart that I know of otherwise."

I was trying not to name names because I didn't want to seem picky or ungrateful for an otherwise awesome skin. Aeon Nox: SiLVO is awesome too, and I'm having difficulty deciding between the two. I was hoping to somehow "borrow" from the latter to make the extra fanart work in the former, so that I could better make an apples to apples comparison.

I appreciate your help.
After years and years of using Aeon Nox:5, I finally had to switch due to CoreElec giving me serious problems. Switched to Silvo and must say I should have done it sooner. I do have a few small issues though, they seem to be timing issues.

- When I browse for subtitles, most of the time the video is paused after the subtitle search is visible. When that happens, the pause button is on top of the search windows, making it hard to read.
- I use multi images backgrounds based on playlists. On Nox:5 they were almost instant, in Nox:Silvo it takes one or two seconds for the image to load. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong and it showed the artwork of a previous menu item, but now I get black screen before the image loads.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
  • 677(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55