• 9(current)
Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
@HomerJau Thanks very much for such a quick update, been quickly playing around with Rename & Tag Grid improvements (without committing changes initially) and it’s great that can now load one or many mkv files then select sub groups within loaded list and consider/view different file numbering prefix scheme applied. ( Viewing planned results in grid without committing)

i.e. Like you suggested, now going to be quick and easy to select small/large number of previously 001. to 116. named mkv files and convert to :-

1.01. Artist - Track to 1.2x. Artist - Track
2.01. Artist - Track to 2.2x. Artist - Track
3.01. Artist - Track to 3.2x. Artist - Track
4.01. Artist - Track to 4.2x. Artist - Track

Regarding .nfo files and/or tagging of final .mkv files before including/updating Kodi library with latest .mkv files.

I currently understand that I will continue to require .nfo files in kodi as an interim measure because Kodi (I am using Matrix nightlies) doesn’t currently understand music video .mkv and/or mp4 tagging, like it does for audio .flac and .mp3

Thought tagging information added to .mkv files by MMH via musicbrainz for example, were not being stored with saved renamed files yesterday, because when viewing resulting files in mp3tag I couldn’t see tagging. Now I am realising that this might be because of Tag Only or Rename Only MMH options in grid that does one or the other, with currently no option that applies both change types in one overall operation? (did not realise I have perfom one and then perfom the other option in order to save filename + tags)

Tagging of mkv does work and can see results in mp3tag when correctly saving tags to mkv files, I will do some additional learning on how to correctly use MMH Blush  and provide further feedback on results using kodi matrix in coming days.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2021-04-26, 19:06)Sylfest Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 23:52)HomerJau Wrote: Do you have other specific tag data you’d like to add?

Hello HomerJau. I would suggest the addition of plot tag to the .nfo
<plot>what ever information</plot>
and maybe
<director></director> don't know how useful that would be though.
I have made some manual additions with that those tags, it works great.

(2021-04-25, 23:52)HomerJau Wrote: I can also look to allow individual NFO file editing from the grid. I’ll look into that also.
For the various artists I have altered some .nfo;s with the bigger artists that appear, that I alreay have a regular concert with so that various concert appear in that artists regular concerts.
for example:
<artist>Various Artists / AC/DC</artist>
i think it's the same thing to add:
<artist>Various Artists</artist>
<artist>AC/DC</artist>

So be able to simply add a second artist in individual .NFO would be useful.
Also, I really do like this software.
Thanks for your post. I didn’t know NFOs supported Multiple Artists. Nice!

I’ll look into adding ‘plot’ and ‘director’ support. I should be able to get plot (concert info) from MusicBrainz, otherwise TMDB.
@MikeKL Thanks for the feedback. Nice to hear the last update helps.
(2021-04-26, 23:43)HomerJau Wrote: I’ll look into adding ‘plot’ and ‘director’ support. I should be able to get plot (concert info) from MusicBrainz, otherwise TMDB

Thank you. It would also be nice to be able to change / manually input some information.
(2021-04-26, 23:43)HomerJau Wrote: Thanks for your post. I didn’t know NFOs supported Multiple Artists. Nice
There is also an option to view all associated artists i musicvideo section now. It was introduced in v19 i think. (Settings/media/videos) If I remember correctly. I'm at work now.
You can even add actors, I think they will show up to. Have not tested it properly yet.
Thanks @Sylfest Let me know what you find please.

I’m thinking I’ll create a new tool to edit music video NFOs in a grid. It would load all NFOs in a folder or selected NFOs (add Folder and Add Files). All the NFO tags will be listed in a grid in columns for each file (per row), you will be able to edit each cell or select multiple rows (files) and do a bulk/multi edit, like the current MMH tagging grid editor dialog.
(2021-04-27, 09:18)Sylfest Wrote: You can even add actors, I think they will show up to. Have not tested it properly yet.

Yes, you can add individual performers (as well as a main artist) but you have to use a <movie> style nfo file, not <musicvideo>.  Due to a quirk in Kodi, as long as you set the content to musicvideos on your source, the movie style nfo files will be read in correctly

Means you can set it up like this

Nfo file used to create that is at https://paste.kodi.tv/owurefixof

Artist and performers are also searchable in the same way that actors are for movies. The search results will now also include albums belonging to that performer/artist as well as music videos they appear in.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks @black_eagle 

Since there’s no artist tag I guess this can’t be used to get these music videos to appear in the standard skin views like Aeon Nox Silvo?

What is the nfo name, is it generic or does it need to have the be same name as a video file?

I guess it may not work with multiple song files for a concert.
(2021-04-27, 09:41)HomerJau Wrote: I’m thinking I’ll create a new tool to edit music video NFOs in a grid. It would load all NFOs in a folder or selected NFOs (add Folder and Add Files). All the NFO tags will be listed in a grid in columns for each file (per row), you will be able to edit each cell or select multiple rows (files) and do a bulk/multi edit, like the current MMH tagging grid editor dialog.

I think that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess it would mean a second step after .NFO generation. But that is absolutley okey. It wont be nesessary in all instances mostly the Various Artists stuff.
(2021-04-27, 09:46)black_eagle Wrote: Yes, you can add individual performers (as well as a main artist) but you have to use a <movie> style nfo file, not <musicvideo>.  Due to a quirk in Kodi, as long as you set the content to musicvideos on your source, the movie style nfo files will be read in correctly

Thank you, I think I read that in your other thread a while back. I will take the time to test it.

Edit:
HomerJau
There is an Artisttag in row #9 of the .NFO
<artist>Pink Floyd</artist>
(2021-04-27, 10:29)HomerJau Wrote: Since there’s no artist tag I guess this can’t be used to get these music videos to appear in the standard skin views like Aeon Nox Silvo?

There is an artist tag and it's totally skin agnostic.  Screenshot from Nox:Silvo

Actually, there is an error in the nfo file I posted! The <performer> tags should be <actor> tags. That's a remnant from me playing with core to get it to use either of them as performer sounds better for a music video / concert. Anyway, include your musicians as actors and it will work.
(2021-04-27, 10:29)HomerJau Wrote: What is the nfo name, is it generic or does it need to have the be same name as a video file?

Same as the video file, just like movies.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-04-27, 09:41)HomerJau Wrote: Thanks @Sylfest Let me know what you find please.
As black_eagle said. The <actor> tag works very well. By clicking one performer (actor) you can view that persons stuff in the library (movies, tv-shows, musicvideos and albums)
If the "Show all performers for music videos" setting is active they all show upp in music video artist-node. Could be useful for bands that change their lineups and also have solo careers. Pink Floyd is a very good example.

Another thing that comes to mind for the .NFO generator in MMH is the <tag> tag.
For example: <tag>atmos</tag> or <tag>DVD</tag>
This would be brilliant to use for custom library nodes to sort out some concerts/music videos in all possible ways.
(2021-04-27, 09:46)black_eagle Wrote: Yes, you can add individual performers (as well as a main artist) but you have to use a <movie> style nfo file, not <musicvideo>. 
FYI It worked for me to put your .NFO in the musicvideo library and replace the <movie> with <musicvideo>.
(2021-04-27, 14:48)black_eagle Wrote: Same as the video file, just like movies.

I thought so. This won’t work for multiple files in a concert folder (like multiple files in an album folder).

Ideally we need a ‘concert.nfo’ just like the example movie one but it gets read by Kodi regardless of any matching file name. Like the album.nfo and artist.nfo files in the music library.

Whats more important to me is being able to play an individual track from any concert. Hence I’ve split all into individual song files. I like the idea of viewing the concert/artist metadata in a concert view. But we need both Smile

Something for Kodi 20 may be?
(2021-04-27, 21:51)HomerJau Wrote: Something for Kodi 20 may be?

Can we discuss Music Video Library enhancements for Kodi.

It seems to me we need to support both single file (contains multiple tracks) and multiple files. Kodi does support both but:

Single File with multiple tracks:
Need a way to get the tracks listed in Kodi with song titles and select to play. This could be done my reading chapters in a file or with a CUE file I guess. CUE files are supported in the Kodi audio library.

Multiple Files in a folder (Concert):
Need a way to get the concert and artist metadata into Kodi for the concert, not just the song files. EDIT: I can solve this with Music Media Helper - see next post.

If we can solve these two issues it would be quite flexible for users and add a much needed update to Kodi Music Videos support.

Theres probably some music video art fixes needed to.
The movie nfo works well re-tagged with <musicvideo> and supports the <album> tag to group multiple files into ‘albums’ (concerts) in the Kodi UI.

In Music Media Helper (MMH) I’ll add support for all the ‘movie’ tags as per the @black_eagle example.

The MMH Concert.nfo will continue to be the source file for music file tags in a folder. That is, you only need to edit that single concert.nfo to add common data for all track files in a folder. When MMH recreates the track NFOs it copies the common data from concert.nfo to each file nfo.

I’ll work on these changes first and publish an update. I’ll then see how I can scrape additional data from the web. Artist info and image urls for ‘actors’, concert plot, director etc.

Thanks for everyone’s input.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2