Battlestar Galactica The Miniseries
I have the entire 2003 Battlestar Galactica series. I have all of it in my library. Except for the miniseries. I have tried everything to get it into my library. I can do an "episode info" and then reload then select "Battlestar Galactica 2003" and all the right actors faces appear but it will not scan into my library. I have been trying for days to get this one thing into xbmc correctly. I even named it exactly how it is on tvdb. http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...5950&lid=7 but that isn't working either.

I am now at the end of my rope with it. I need advice. This is frustrating as hell.

and the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27607
I had it in 2 parts, named "Battlestar.Galactica.2003.S00E01.Miniseries (1).mkv" and "Battlestar.Galactica.2003.S00E02.Miniseries (2).mkv". and put them in a BSG folder called "Season 0". That worked for me. Same with the other BSG specials.
What pagali said.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Specials should always be named as season 0. =)

Video library/Naming files/TV shows#Special episodes (wiki)
You are better off creating an original NFO file and then editing yourself. Battlestar Galactica has episodes such as Razor, that fall mid season, and yet you have to have them as a separate special. So in some respect's you are missing out on the plot.
(2013-06-13, 10:29)Mark Norville Wrote: You are better off creating an original NFO file and then editing yourself. Battlestar Galactica has episodes such as Razor, that fall mid season, and yet you have to have them as a separate special. So in some respect's you are missing out on the plot.

That is not true. XBMC 12 and higher will show such episodes mid-season as well.
It uses the 'airs before' flag for that.

For instance the Razor (1) episode you can see here, In this case you will see that special in the Specials/Season 0 season as well as on the beginning of Season 4.

Similarly, s00e09 will also be shown as S9 between s04e10 and s04e11, becaiuse the 'airs before' flag is set to s04e11

EDIT: looked around for an example and this is the best I can find right now:

This shows special episodes 1-6 which have the 'airs before' flag set to S01E01 and are shown in the season 1 folder.

EDIT: found another
Necro answer sorry. ( this werk'd for me!? ):

Battlestar.Galactica.2003/Season0/Battlestar.Galactica.S01E01.watevr
    Battlestar.Galactica.2003/Season0/Battlestar.Galactica.S01E02.watevr
(2013-06-13, 11:09)Kib Wrote:  
Noticed the reply to this old thread, so I revisited my BattleStar Galactica 2003 and the processes you follow are quite simple

Note: Majority of my media was processed using TMM

Follow Kodi numbering syntax and refer to the TVDB website

To play in order is a bit more contrived

Select series > select a season > select options > sort by date and ascending

Linking a film to the TV Series does not work, which is down to the scraper settings in TMM - solution I had to include each film as a special to include in correct viewing order

This (and equivalent) has been answered several times in the scrapers sub-section.

I'll move this thread there too, but there was really no need to resurrect an 8 year dormant thread.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-28, 12:06)DarrenHill Wrote: This (and equivalent) has been answered several times in the scrapers sub-section.

I'll move this thread there too, but there was really no need to resurrect an 8 year dormant thread.
Sorry I noticed  ooXei1sh post and rechecked what I had
I did it a completely different way @fsurfer

I have...
Caprica
Battlestar Galactica (1978)
Galactica (1980)
Blood & Chrome
Razor Webisodes
Battlestar Galactica Miniseries
Battlestar Galactica (2004)
+ all the movies and other webisodes

Which I have combined into a Battlestar Galactica Universe in canonical order using https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-28, 12:20)Karellen Wrote: I did it a completely different way @fsurfer
I have the same collection and this will be added to my 'to do' list, thank you
(2021-08-28, 12:28)fsurfer Wrote: I have the same collection and this will be added to my 'to do' list, thank you
I've added Battlestar Galactica to section 3 of the page
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-28, 12:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-28, 12:28)fsurfer Wrote: I have the same collection and this will be added to my 'to do' list, thank you
I've added Battlestar Galactica to section 3 of the page

You read my mind and saved a lot of time - though I can't find Smart Playlists in Estuary, wiki refers to using another skin. I tried searching for an addon and crashed Kodi, trying a nightlies

I did notice 'BGU400-Battlestar Galactica (2004) S00E01 - Battlestar Galactica: The Miniseries' I have in two parts

When I have reached the limits of Estuary I will try a skin
(2021-08-28, 14:15)fsurfer Wrote: though I can't find Smart Playlists in Estuary
https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Battlestar Galactica The Miniseries0