• 61(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2021-11-20, 09:53)Lomar2 Wrote:
(2021-11-20, 07:36)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-20, 06:30)Lomar2 Wrote: Addon updates all ratings correctly…but few shows after kodi restart would revert back to tmdb rating instead of the imdb rating used by this addon. Not surr why. Happens always without fail for few shows
I don't see how that can happen. Have you set IMDB as the default rating in the settings for this addon?
Are you using local SQL or MySQL/MariaDB setup?
How did you initially add these tv shows to your library- scraper or nfo files?

Can you provide enable logging in the addon settings, then run your ratings update, and provide the LightIMDB log which is located in addon_data folder in your Userdata (wiki) folder.

heres a quick log, yellowstone is one of the shows constantly changing on its own
https://www.toptal.com/developers/hasteb...vequq.yaml
Hello @Lomar2, sorry for my late reply.

The behaviour you descrbed is indeed quite strange and I don't think it can be realted to the add-on. If the rates are reverting back to the TMDB ones, there should be something else changing them...may be you can provde more information about your DB setup as requested by @Karellen so that we can try to understand what is going on...even if it doesn't seem so trivial!  Oo

Cheers!

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2021-12-17, 12:31)axlt2002 Wrote: I don't have such a huge library as yours, anyway I can assume that the update should take quite a long time to complete but I don't see how it can stay stuck. How many parallel threads have you set in the add-on settings? Can I candly ask you to perform an update and send me the related log? Even if you didn't notice something strange, I would take a look to it anyway.
No problem. Later today I will upload a log. Also, in my previous post I stated it gets stuck at 27%, but I meant 7%. I also tried it yesterday from 5am to 6pm, and it was stuck on 7% when I got home, so that's probably not normal.

Regards,

Shedrock
@axlt2002

I finally had some time to get a proper log file of the issues I mentioned above regarding Light IMDB getting stuck at 7% during the Episode updates.

Log-file: https://paste.kodi.tv/datewepace.kodi

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-12-28, 23:34)shedrock Wrote: @axlt2002

I finally had some time to get a proper log file of the issues I mentioned above regarding Light IMDB getting stuck at 7% during the Episode updates.

Log-file: https://paste.kodi.tv/datewepace.kodi

Regards,

Shedrock
Hi @shedrock, thanks. It would be great if you can send me the update log of the add-on instead...  Wink

Cheers!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2021-12-30, 18:37)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi @shedrock, thanks. It would be great if you can send me the update log of the add-on instead...  Wink
@axlt2002

Ok, I'll rerun the script and upload the log in a bit.

UPDATE: Here is the log-file you requested.

https://paste.kodi.tv/erusojucir

It doesn't show anything, at least not that i can see that's odd. Right now it is stuck at 6% between Supernatural and The Great Rift. It does progress after that, but the max it will go to is 7% for the rest of the day. This is always the same on any version of Kodi (LE) that I use.

Thanks
Alex.. sorry for the late reply..worlds gone bonkers...Ive looked over some of the other plugins.. haven't really gone in depth for some of them, had some break kodi, and I try and get tech to be a lil less conspicuous these days so I'm not atk alll week..  Great Addon!
(2021-12-30, 20:35)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-12-30, 18:37)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi @shedrock, thanks. It would be great if you can send me the update log of the add-on instead...  Wink
@axlt2002

Ok, I'll rerun the script and upload the log in a bit.

UPDATE: Here is the log-file you requested.

https://paste.kodi.tv/erusojucir

It doesn't show anything, at least not that i can see that's odd. Right now it is stuck at 6% between Supernatural and The Great Rift. It does progress after that, but the max it will go to is 7% for the rest of the day. This is always the same on any version of Kodi (LE) that I use.

Thanks
Hello @shedrock, first of all happy new year!  Smile

Yup, you are right, the log doesn't say nothing special but I have noticed that you are using the "Season" update mode. So, I would suggest to try the following:

- Run the ratings update ONLY for Supernatural through the context menu (keeping the "Season" update mode)
- Change the update mode to "Episode" and run again the ratings update through the context menu

Let me know if in the first case the update still stucks (if yes, there is a problem in the season update mode code of the add-on) or not, and if in the second case the update finishes properly. For both cases, please post here the update log.

Thanks for your cooperation!
(2022-01-03, 13:36)axlt2002 Wrote: - Run the ratings update ONLY for Supernatural through the context menu (keeping the "Season" update mode)
- Change the update mode to "Episode" and run again the ratings update through the context menu
I did try Supernatural with the "Episode" option and it works either way. I switched to the "Season" option because of an issue which was previously addressed by Karellen on a post in this thread. I've also tried to run the script with the "Episode" option for all the tv shows, but it doesn't make a difference.

Here is the log file. https://paste.kodi.tv/owigucubuw

Note: Look at the time stamp the log was created. As soon as it was done on just Supernatural I grabbed the log. So that's from 10:37am to 2:05pm. I don't think that's normal. Also, there are no errors in the log. I am not sure I mentioned this before, but a while ago I left the script running for over 24 hours, and it always gets stuck at 6%-7%. Even if I remove Supernatural, Hawaii Five-O or Blue Bloods, it still manages to get stuck at that point.

I hope something can be done, but without any errors, I imagine it would be hard. I am actually surprised that no one else has this issue.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Shedrock
(2022-01-03, 21:08)shedrock Wrote:
(2022-01-03, 13:36)axlt2002 Wrote: - Run the ratings update ONLY for Supernatural through the context menu (keeping the "Season" update mode)
I did try Supernatural with the "Episode" option and it works either way. I switched to the "Season" option because of an issue which was previously addressed by Karellen on a post in this thread. I've also tried to run the script with the "Episode" option for all the tv shows, but it doesn't make a difference.

Here is the log file. https://paste.kodi.tv/owigucubuw

Note: Look at the time stamp the log was created. As soon as it was done on just Supernatural I grabbed the log. So that's from 10:37am to 2:05pm. I don't think that's normal. Also, there are no errors in the log. I am not sure I mentioned this before, but a while ago I left the script running for over 24 hours, and it always gets stuck at 6%-7%. Even if I remove Supernatural, Hawaii Five-O or Blue Bloods, it still manages to get stuck at that point.

I hope something can be done, but without any errors, I imagine it would be hard. I am actually surprised that no one else has this issue.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Shedrock
Hi @shedrock, thanks for your further post.

Just for more clarity on my side, please provide a short answer to the follwing questions:

• Does the ratings update with "Episode" mode of Supernatural finish or not?
  • Does the ratings update with "Season" mode of Supernatural finish or not?
  • In general, how long does it take an update of a single TV show (through context menu)?
  • Is there any difference between "Episode" and "Season" modes in terms of elapsed time (for a single TV show)?
  • Independently from whatever TV shows do you have in the library, the ratings udate of the entire library stucks always at 6-7%?
  • It happens for both "Episode" and "Season" modes?

Thanks in advance!
Just for more clarity on my side, please provide a short answer to the follwing questions:

Does the ratings update with "Episode" mode of Supernatural finish or not? - No
Does the ratings update with "Season" mode of Supernatural finish or not? -  Yes
In general, how long does it take an update of a single TV show (through context menu)? 12 seconds on an average 6 part series.
Is there any difference between "Episode" and "Season" modes in terms of elapsed time (for a single TV show)? - Epsiodes mode does not function, only Seasons. This I believe was addressed by @Karellen in a previous post.
Independently from whatever TV shows do you have in the library, the ratings udate of the entire library stucks always at 6-7%? - Yes
It happens for both "Episode" and "Season" modes? - It used to happen in Episode mode until that stopped working, but only happens now in Season mode.

Hope this helps.

Shedrock
(2022-01-04, 15:00)shedrock Wrote: Just for more clarity on my side, please provide a short answer to the follwing questions:

Does the ratings update with "Episode" mode of Supernatural finish or not? - No
Does the ratings update with "Season" mode of Supernatural finish or not? -  Yes
In general, how long does it take an update of a single TV show (through context menu)? 12 seconds on an average 6 part series.
Is there any difference between "Episode" and "Season" modes in terms of elapsed time (for a single TV show)? - Epsiodes mode does not function, only Seasons. This I believe was addressed by @Karellen in a previous post.
Independently from whatever TV shows do you have in the library, the ratings udate of the entire library stucks always at 6-7%? - Yes
It happens for both "Episode" and "Season" modes? - It used to happen in Episode mode until that stopped working, but only happens now in Season mode.

Hope this helps.

Shedrock
Hi @shedrock, thanks a lot for answering.

It is quite strange that the Episode mode does not work even for the single Supernatural TV show; indeed if in your DB you don't have the IMDb IDs for the episodes, the add-on search for them on TMDB (i.e. it retrieves the IMDb IDs for each episode and then update the ratings accordingly). I have just checked on TMDB site and the IMDb IDs for Supernatural episodes are actually available...This means that the ratings update using Episode mode should work properly. So, when you say that it doesn't finish, what it exaclty means?

What @Karellen wrote is correct. Anyway the point is that if IMDb IDs are missing, people should make the effort to add them on TMDB site helping at the same time the entire community. Under this assumption, the Episode mode is going to provide the best result with respect to Season mode (even if slower).

The fact that the ratings update always stuck at 6-7% independently from your library content (i.e. number of TV shows) is really somethig strange that I can not explain (and the logs don't show as well). The only thing I can try to do is to perform an update on my machine if you send me your Kodi video database located in the userdata folder.

Have a great afternoon (at least here is afternoon!).
(2022-01-04, 16:43)axlt2002 Wrote: It is quite strange that the Episode mode does not work even for the single Supernatural TV show; indeed if in your DB you don't have the IMDb IDs for the episodes, the add-on search for them on TMDB (i.e. it retrieves the IMDb IDs for each episode and then update the ratings accordingly). I have just checked on TMDB site and the IMDb IDs for Supernatural episodes are actually available...This means that the ratings update using Episode mode should work properly. So, when you say that it doesn't finish, what it exaclty means?
My apologies. It does work with Supernatural in "episode" mode. I know it does, because I made the same mistake by updating the TV show just above it. Nevertheless, it still doesn't mean Supernatural is the issue, not that you implied that. Although, it should not be taking so long on a TV series IMO. I just can't remember it taking this long on one TV Series.
(2022-01-04, 16:43)axlt2002 Wrote: What @Karellen wrote is correct. Anyway the point is that if IMDb IDs are missing, people should make the effort to add them on TMDB site helping at the same time the entire community. Under this assumption, the Episode mode is going to provide the best result with respect to Season mode (even if slower).
This I am aware of, so that's why I leave it set to "Season" mode.
(2022-01-04, 16:43)axlt2002 Wrote: The fact that the ratings update always stuck at 6-7% independently from your library content (i.e. number of TV shows) is really somethig strange that I can not explain (and the logs don't show as well). The only thing I can try to do is to perform an update on my machine if you send me your Kodi video database located in the userdata folder.
Indeed, this is strange. It just sucks because I have to go through my entire TV Show library from A-Z to see which series don't have any ratings, but it would be nice to be able to update all on a schedule. Anyway, I know it may not make a difference, but I am going to setup a separate Kodi on my Windows 10 PC, and add the entire TV Show library, then run LIMDB and see if it works that way. I may be surprised. Sometime strange things happen using LE. I will keep you posted for sure.

Thank you for all you assistance. Much appreciated.

Shedrock
(2022-01-04, 18:49)shedrock Wrote: The only thing I can try to do is to perform an update on my machine if you send me your Kodi video database located in the userdata folder.
Link sent via PM.
@axlt2002

I actually found  a TV series that has IMDB ratings, but does not work on "Episode" mode. It does however work with "Season" mode.

The TV show is: Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms
TVDB ID: 258810
IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303123/

Also, if you look at each episode in TheTVDB > Edit episode, you'll see that they all have the correct External IDs to IMDB. Doesn't that mean it should work withe LIMDB set to "Episode"?
(2022-01-05, 04:45)shedrock Wrote: @axlt2002

I actually found  a TV series that has IMDB ratings, but does not work on "Episode" mode. It does however work with "Season" mode.

The TV show is: Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms
TVDB ID: 258810
IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303123/

Also, if you look at each episode in TheTVDB > Edit episode, you'll see that they all have the correct External IDs to IMDB. Doesn't that mean it should work withe LIMDB set to "Episode"?
Hi @shedrock, thanks for this.

I'm quite sure that in a past post I reported that the add-on does not use TheTVDB site anymore because the API access is no more for free. So, the only way to retrieve the missing IMDb IDs for the episodes (useful for the "Episode" mode) is through the TMDB site. In this specific case (I have used the video database you sent me via PM, thanks!), even if the TV show has a valid TMDB ID (i.e 43274), the TMDB site does not have the IMDb IDs for the episodes; this is why the "Episode" mode does not work while the "Season" does. See the related update log here. Again, you should enter the missing IMDb IDs helping the entire community!  Wink

Hope this clarifies.

About the 6-7% issue, I will investigate it after the weekend (I'm going at the mountain side for a short break next days).

Cheers,

Alex
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27