• 12(current)
Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
Hi
I'm using Kodi on Bohdi Linux (built on Ubuntu 20.04) I can play through Bluetooth headphones by switching profile manually but is it possible to auto switch profiles when the Bluetooth headphones are turned on ?

Thanks
(2021-10-29, 01:09)arfrater Wrote: Hi
I'm using Kodi on Bohdi Linux (built on Ubuntu 20.04) I can play through Bluetooth headphones by switching profile manually but is it possible to auto switch profiles when the Bluetooth headphones are turned on ?

Thanks
No.  Audio Profiles responds to certain Kodi actions, and (as far as I know), Kodi doesn't report when a bluetooth (or any other external device) comes online.  Even if Kodi did, it would require additional work to add that logic.
(2021-10-29, 01:23)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-10-29, 01:09)arfrater Wrote: Hi

Thanks
No.  Audio Profiles responds to certain Kodi actions, and (as far as I know), Kodi doesn't report when a bluetooth (or any other external device) comes online.  Even if Kodi did, it would require additional work to add that logic.
OK. The current solution is working well just a thought thanks any way
Hi pkscout,

I'm trying to find some solution to switch audio profiles between a sound bar (which is only able to play AC3) and headphones (which are able to play every codec AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, ...).
I tried Audio profiles and setted 2 profiles (Sound bar and headphones) but i'm not able to map a codec (ex AC3) to the sound bar and the headphones.
Is it possible to do so ?

Thanks a lot.
(2021-11-12, 12:14)vegas75 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

I'm trying to find some solution to switch audio profiles between a sound bar (which is only able to play AC3) and headphones (which are able to play every codec AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, ...).
I tried Audio profiles and setted 2 profiles (Sound bar and headphones) but i'm not able to map a codec (ex AC3) to the sound bar and the headphones.
Is it possible to do so ?

Thanks a lot.
In the settings for AP there is a second for Codec detection.  That should do what you want.

Hi pkscout,

Thanks for your answer but to my understanding the section can only set a codec to only one profile.
What i'm trying to achieve is to have the configuration below under 2 audio profiles:

Profile sound bar:
nb of channels : 2.0
Codec : AC3
Option : Enable transcoding Dolby Digital (AC-3)

Profil Headphones:
nb of channels : 7.1
Codec :
- AC3
- EAC3
- DTS
- DTS-HD
- True HD

Many thanks again.
(2021-11-13, 18:33)vegas75 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

Thanks for your answer but to my understanding the section can only set a codec to only one profile.
What i'm trying to achieve is to have the configuration below under 2 audio profiles:

Profile sound bar:
nb of channels : 2.0
Codec : AC3
Option : Enable transcoding Dolby Digital (AC-3)

Profil Headphones:
nb of channels : 7.1
Codec :
- AC3
- EAC3
- DTS
- DTS-HD
- True HD

Many thanks again.

You can do profiles based on stereo or multi-channel (same setting screen as the codec options), but you can't further restrict it by codec.  So it would be any 2.0 source and any source more than 2.0.  It might not be quite what you want, but it's probably as close as you're gonna get.
Hi @pkscout !

Thank you for your very good job.

I installed your plugin on my LibreELEC 10.0.1 (Kodi 19.3) and I'm loving it Smile
Now, I can easily switch between my Sennheiser headset and my Creative soundbar.

I tried to add a switch button on the OSD menu.
Is the guide from this page (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081) still working on the current version of Audio Profiles?

If yes, could you add the instructions on your first post?
It would be great.

Thank you !
(2022-01-15, 18:15)Kiks Wrote: I tried to add a switch button on the OSD menu.
Is the guide from this page (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081) still working on the current version of Audio Profiles?

None of that guide is mine. I do have instructions on the wiki at:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles

That doesn’t include any skin mods though. I did take a peak at the link, and the mod for Estuary probably still works, but anywhere that mentions XBMC.Runscript should just use Runscript in Matrix and later. The XBMC prefix was depreciated in Leia and removed in Martix.
You are right, it works when I remove the XBMC prefix.
Thanks for your help Smile

Last thing for me: I have to find how to add this button in the Aeon Nox Silvo mod
Was looking exactly for this kind of functionality. Thanks a lot for keeping up maintenance of this add-on.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2020-12-26, 10:50)seahorse Wrote: Hi,
would it be possible to store the audio offset (latency delay compensation) with the audio profile?
I'm using a profile for HDMI which doesn't give me any latency issues, but I also have a profile for Bluetooth transmitter connected to the optic output.
I can adjust the audio offset but I only need/want it for the Bluetooth, not HDMI.
Cheers,
Luc
You can try Bluetooth Delay Addon
Hi, and THANKS for the work on this add-on. I use it all the time.
I don't use the feature to change VideoPlayer settings with the profile.
Is it possible to save and restore MusicPlayer settings with the profile?
Looking for ReplayGain Track, Album settings specifically...

Thanks !!!
(2022-02-24, 22:41)gremlin13 Wrote: Hi, and THANKS for the work on this add-on. I use it all the time.
I don't use the feature to change VideoPlayer settings with the profile.
Is it possible to save and restore MusicPlayer settings with the profile?
Looking for ReplayGain Track, Album settings specifically...

Thanks !!!
It is not currently possible to save and restore MusicPlayer settings.  When I have some time I will look into it.
Is there a way to display information about the currently used audio profile? I would like to add information to the information about the file being played.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0