• 12(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
@jurialmunkey A couple things after switching on AH1...

I saw from one of your screen shots font options. Do you have a large font option that would be used throughout the skin? That is my biggest problem with some skins that I would otherwise consider. Sadly, I have to use a small (by today's standards) TV due to severe tunnel vision. It makes it hard to read the text in menus and even more so descriptions with many skins. I would surely appreciate a large font option. Be happy to pay a fee for your time to stick that in for me. It's my dream to find a great skin that I can see well. It seems to be one or the other a lot of the time.

I am anxious to see your big listview in action. It looks great. I assume there will be a quick way to get to an info page that will show the full episode description? I imagine the descriptions there will often be cut off, even more so if I have large fonts. With my vision the way it is, I always use some form of list viewtype. I always want the description to be shown, and all the other info is great too. Just in case it doesn't work with the big list, would you have another list viewtype also? I loved how customizable Horizon and Eminence were with the viewtypes. But that is why I can't use AH1...its listview has no description.
(2022-04-23, 03:47)mystik Wrote: @jurialmunkey A couple things after switching on AH1...

I saw from one of your screen shots font options. Do you have a large font option that would be used throughout the skin? That is my biggest problem with some skins that I would otherwise consider. Sadly, I have to use a small (by today's standards) TV due to severe tunnel vision. It makes it hard to read the text in menus and even more so descriptions with many skins. I would surely appreciate a large font option. Be happy to pay a fee for your time to stick that in for me. It's my dream to find a great skin that I can see well. It seems to be one or the other a lot of the time.

I am anxious to see your big listview in action. It looks great. I assume there will be a quick way to get to an info page that will show the full episode description? I imagine the descriptions there will often be cut off, even more so if I have large fonts. With my vision the way it is, I always use some form of list viewtype. I always want the description to be shown, and all the other info is great too. Just in case it doesn't work with the big list, would you have another list viewtype also? I loved how customizable Horizon and Eminence were with the viewtypes. But that is why I can't use AH1...its listview has no description.

Alternate font sets are a pain in Kodi because there really isn't a good way to adjust on-screen elements accordingly. For a skin to look good it really needs to be designed around the font in use. I might include a larger fontset eventually but it isn't priority (priority is getting everything working!).

The font option you saw merely switches the weight of the title font from light to heavy:

However, there are plenty of ways to get a larger plot overview. In the context menu I'm experimenting with a quick nav bar which opens a plot dialog with a larger size and increased linespacing.

Also from the info dialog itself you can press up to view the plot in larger size quickly:

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Will there be a way to combine filters for widgets in the next version via skin settings?
For example for displaying series without animations and documentaries sorted by added date.
And by extension I would like to know if you have changed much in this area.
I know we can create smart playlists and then select it, but it's pretty cumbersome.

I hope we will be able to test all this in live very soon. Wink
(2022-04-23, 12:10)lanzorg Wrote: Will there be a way to combine filters for widgets in the next version via skin settings?
For example for displaying series without animations and documentaries sorted by added date.
And by extension I would like to know if you have changed much in this area.
I know we can create smart playlists and then select it, but it's pretty cumbersome.

I hope we will be able to test all this in live very soon. Wink
How is creating a smart playlist cumbersome?

The only way to filter the library is using a smart playlist or a library node and you need to create those to use them as a widget.
You read my mind @jurialmunkey!

I was about to ask for a shortcut (arrow up) to bring up the plot in a more visible and readable way!
I like a lot that improvement.

Have you tried also to blur everything and put the plot in full screen with a bigger font? Maybe looks bad tho!

But still thanks a lot for that thought! It's already a great improvement!
(2022-04-23, 13:03)FOXYZ Wrote: You read my mind @jurialmunkey!

I was about to ask for a shortcut (arrow up) to bring up the plot in a more visible and readable way!
I like a lot that improvement.

Have you tried also to blur everything and put the plot in full screen with a bigger font? Maybe looks bad tho!

But still thanks a lot for that thought! It's already a great improvement!

Up to read plot has been in all my skins since aura (its in AH1 also).

Kodi doesn't have a blur function unfortunately. Any blur in my skins is done by Tmdbhelper opening the fanart jpg and applying blur using python image library and saving to a file which the skin can open as an image. It isn't possible to blur the actual screen itself.
Oh I see!

Well not a problem. Thanks for finding the time to explain it 😉
Makes sense then 😁

Keep up the good work and looking forward for AH2 🎉💪
@jurialmunkey Certainly understand the font can't be a priority since it's not quick/easy, but that's great about the options available for larger display.  They sound terrific!  So anxious to give it a go.  Smile
Hi @jurialmunkey,

Any updates on when this new skin will be released? Just can't wait to try it. 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
ShibajiCh.
First of all: Beautiful skin. This will surely become popular upon its release and long thereafter.

Though I was wondering as well: Is it possible to acquire this skin somewhere here and now or do you have an idea of an ETA?

Appreciate your work and hope you've enjoyed working on it!
I don't know how to have those review rating icons shown, I saw these icons in different skins as well. But it seems I don't know how to enable it. Please lend me a hand. Those are cool looking icons.
Hello,

I love your skin. A few questions, suggestions and ideas about your new skin.

1. with your current skin you can globally show and hide the headlines. Very nice! But it doesn't effectively use the space for showing the movies, series or episodes when hidden. It just remains empty. Are you planning to change this in your new skin? It would be great if you could use the free space in the hidden state to display the films, series or episodes.

2. is it possible to add an option in the "poster wall" display that controls what happens when you click on a film? This way you could realise that only in this view you do not start a film when you click on it, but open the info panel and in all other views the films, series or episodes are started immediately. This would lead to a better overview, especially in the "poster wall" view.

3. Is it possible to display more than two fixed lines in the "Poster Wall" view? It would be nice to have a continuous display with several lines, like the Aeon Nox Silvo Skin or the HomeTheater from Zidoo. Here is the link to the Home-Theater thread where you can see the poster wall as a screenshot.

4. Is it feasible to include an autostart for local and online trailers? It would be nice if these were played in a window in the top right corner of the info panel. Here is a video of the Home Theatre programme. I think they have solved it very well there.
Looks amazing .. Thank you for all you do for this community. I check here once in the AM and before bed for last 3-4weeks daily to see if its time to play ... lol
(2022-05-02, 16:55)CanBert Wrote: Looks amazing .. Thank you for all you do for this community. I check here once in the AM and before bed for last 3-4weeks daily to see if its time to play ... lol

Also patiently lurking Smile
(2022-05-02, 18:55)Thebatfink Wrote:
(2022-05-02, 16:55)CanBert Wrote: Looks amazing .. Thank you for all you do for this community. I check here once in the AM and before bed for last 3-4weeks daily to see if its time to play ... lol

Also patiently lurking Smile

Haha me too Smile Been using the Arctic skins since forever, they're the best. Thanks for everything @jurialmunkey !!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20