• 16(current)
Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
@saran008

Until the language is added to the scraper, you can add the language yourself on your Kodi. Do you know how to do that?

Go to your Kodi data folder (wiki), then into \addons\metadata.themoviedb.org.python\resources\
Open the file settings.xml.
The line that starts with <setting label="30002" type="select" add your two codes into that line. Best that you place them alphabetically.
Save the file. Restart Kodi, and if it has been added correctly, you can now select the codes in the scraper settings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-05-07, 03:59)saran008 Wrote:
(2022-05-06, 21:24)pkscout Wrote: It looks like Kannada is kn-IH, at least according to The Movie Database web site.  Telugu is te-IN (as you indicated).  I can add them to the settings, but I can't say what it will mean in terms of the content that gets delivered to the scraper from TMDb.  I don't do the maintenance on the movie scraper, so someone else would need to do that.  I'll try and make some time this weekend to add them.  Once I request an update to the main repo, it can take awhile for someone else on the team to do a review, so I can't say how long it'll be before the change is available.
@pkscout ,

Thanks for acknowledging.
Yes for Kannada, it is "Kn-IN", My mistake.
TMDB is following "ISO 639-1", as per here Languages.

It should be, "Kn-IN" & "Te-IN".

When I tried to add "Gaalivaana" series to my library, then only I noticed cannot find Telugu in Languages.
I ended up adding under Tamil language (Dubbed version) for time being.

Then I searched and realized Kannada is not there in the list.

FYI, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam & Kannada are the 5 major & prominent language movie industries in India.
Others are minor contributors only.
Sounds good.  I added them in the Nexus version of the scraper and then back ported them to Matrix.  Hopefully they'll get reviewed and approved in the next week or two.
@Karellen ,
Thanks a lot.. you are a saviour.
I tried as you mentioned. Not worked initially.
Then I realised, you mentioned is for movies.
Once i Edited same in TV shows scraper also, worked like charm.

@pkscout 
Thanks again for your time & effort.

After changing language to Telugu, I see only square boxes (unknown fonts) instead of  Telugu title.
Not sure, how to fix that. can find proper also.
Any guidance will be great.

Is it logical to include "English translated Title" for non english titles. if user interface is set in english.
Thanks.
(2022-05-12, 11:38)saran008 Wrote: After changing language to Telugu, I see only square boxes (unknown fonts) instead of  Telugu title.
Try changing fonts in section 1.5 ... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Interface/Skin
Hopefully Arial font can display those characters. Otherwise you will have to install this font... https://fonts.google.com/noto/specimen/Noto+Sans+Telugu
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Why is the tag setting enabled by default? You devs really think people like the tag spam?

Thankfully I had most of my library scanned with the other TMDB scraper so I only had to delete a few tags and not edit the database.
Hello,

I changed my Synology Nas and rescraped my DataBase with The Movie DB Python (It is up to date ; 1.6.2+matrix.1), my Kodi is 19.1.
There are some movies that were not scraped, I think it's due to IMDB that changed something in its presentation.

It concerns only movies where the IMDB name contains the strings :
- (TV Mini Series xxxx)
- (TV Movie xxxx)
- (TV Episode xxxx)
- (TV Series xxxx–yyyy)
My files are named with the IMDB id. (eg. tt12345678.mkv).
With those names, the scrap is not done - only for the movies containing such strings. Then I tried to rename the files with their 'normal' names, where I removed the strings above. Same ; doesn't work.
Here are some examples (ttIMDBid.mkv  or  Normal title(year).mkv) :

"TV Mini Series" :
tt0178130.mkv   or   Cleopatra (1999).mkv   [Instead of Cleopatra (TV Mini Series 1999).mkv]

"TV Movie" :
tt3467952.mkv   or   Eyjafjallajökull (2011).mkv

"TV Episode" :
tt1893559.mkv   or  Chez Maupassant Boule de Suif (2011).mkv

"TV Series" :
tt2467372.mkv   or   Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013–2021).mkv

An example : if you search in IMDB for string tt1893559, it returns one result, and the good one.
Now, if you search for string "Chez Maupassant" Boule de Suif (2011), it works again.
But, if you search for "Chez Maupassant" Boule de Suif (TV Episode 2011) => 'No results found'. That's why I removed the annonying string (in bold).

Where I see the string 'TV Episode' ? In the first result of Google search : https://www.google.com/search?q=imdb+tt1893559
And it's strange because in the page https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1893559/ I don't see the string 'TV Episode' ?!

Whatever I name my file with one of the 2 first methods above, it won't be scraped.
If someone could have a look and fix the issue (or give me a workaround), it should be very very nice Smile

NB : the problem is the same with the other scrapers, but I prefer The Movie DB Python, which was able to scrap all my other movies.

Thank you,

Christophe.
@chriscx

You are using TheMovieDB scraper, so not sure why you are referring to IMDB. Two completely different sites.
The only thing this scraper retrieves from IMDB is ratings, if you have activated that option.

(TV Mini Series xxxx) will never work.
(yyyy) is reserved for the year only and is what the scrapers actively look for. If you are adding other info there, then it won't work.

Also, miniseries are tv shows, not movies. Check the scraper site to confirm.
My Signature
Hi Karellen,
I refer to IMDB, because the scraper (despite its name) has the good idea to recognize the files named with their IMDB Id. 
Now I find one of my series also on TMDB - example : https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/78117-chez...anguage=en
Then maybe I could name my file with its TMDB Id. The only problem is that I don't know where it is ? (I see an Id in the URL, but for the season, not for an episode.
Or name it as TMDB, for example Chez Maupassant Season 1 Episode 1 (xxxx) (Where 'xxxx' is the release year) ?

I found an other example that was not scraped  : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10580064/ - Most dangerous game (2020) is also existing in TMDB : https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/90795-most...anguage=en
It is supposed to be a serie.. but it's also a movie, as seen in the IMDB trivia : "In several countries, this series was released on Amazon Prime edited together as a 2 hour feature." My movie indeed is 2:07 long.
I don't understand how the Search engine of TMDB works ; if I search for "Most Dangerous Game (2020)" - there is nothing in return. But if I type "Most Dangerous Game" .. it's found as "Most Dangerous Game (2020)" ?
Does this mean that I have to not enter the year ? It's dangerous, so many movies have the same name over the years...
Well anyway thank you for your answer, I understand that TMDB returns only the "movies". (But I think that previously it used to work on "Mini series" also.. but not 100% sure)

Thank you,

Christophe.
Karellen,

Sorry to bother you again, I saw the link you gave to access to this wiki : https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python 
I'm very interested with the chapter '3 Search', if the scraper didn't find the good movie.
Problem : I don't know how to access to this functionnality ?? I gone in Videos, Medias, Add-ons.. don't find Sad

Is it possible to have the path to go there ?

Thank you !

Christophe.
(2022-09-05, 19:19)chriscx Wrote: I refer to IMDB, because the scraper (despite its name) has the good idea to recognize the files named with their IMDB Id.
You should not be relying on IMDB so much. The scrapers do not use IMDB, they use TMDB. THERE ARE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO SITES. I have seen it time, and time again, where people keep referring to IMDB, and TMDB has a different listing.
From now on, when it comes to scraping, ONLY LOOK AT TMDB.
The only reason IMDB works is because TMDB has an IMDB ID recorderd. BUT THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS RECORDED, so you will find that sometimes it fails.

(2022-09-05, 19:19)chriscx Wrote: Then maybe I could name my file with its TMDB Id
No

(2022-09-05, 19:19)chriscx Wrote: The only problem is that I don't know where it is ?
It is in the URL. The URL also tells you what it is - \movie\ or \tvshow\

(2022-09-05, 19:19)chriscx Wrote: Or name it as TMDB, for example Chez Maupassant Season 1 Episode 1 (xxxx) (Where 'xxxx' is the release year) ?
No
You cannot scrape individual episodes on their own.
Episodes are scraped through the tv show. The only thing that matters in the episode file name is S01E01. Everything else is ignored.
If you have named your tv show correctly, and your episodes have the correct S01E01 data in the filename, it will scrape.

(2022-09-05, 19:19)chriscx Wrote: I don't understand how the Search engine of TMDB works ; if I search for "Most Dangerous Game (2020)" - there is nothing in return. But if I type "Most Dangerous Game" .. it's found as "Most Dangerous Game (2020)"
When you search in the TMDB website, don't add the year.
When you are scraping, add the year.
Why? I have no idea, ask TMDB why they designed it that way.

(2022-09-05, 19:19)chriscx Wrote: Well anyway thank you for your answer, I understand that TMDB returns only the "movies".
Why does TMDB only return movies?

My last bit of advice... Stop referring to IMDB.
If you keep doing that, you are just going to continue being confused.
My Signature
(2022-09-05, 20:12)chriscx Wrote: Problem : I don't know how to access to this functionnality ??
Go to Videos>Files>Your Source>Your movie
Press i on your keyboard, or use the Context Menu>Scan to Library
You will then see the pop up box in Image 1 on that wiki page.

You can also use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing
My Signature
Hi Karellen,

Thank you for your answers. Then I'll move my 'Mini TV series' in my Series folder, scrap should work, then. And I give up with IMDB ^^

About the Search functionnality seen in chapter 3 I'm afraid that I still don't get it .. I followed your path 'Videos>Files>Your Source>Your movie' (after having swith the langage from Fra to Eng, I realized that I was confusing 'Movies' and 'Videos') but it's the same ; pressing "I" is the same that a right click on the movie / Information. Even in 'Extended info' I don't get the screen.
(For information I click on 'Videos', then 'Files', then on 'My Movies Source' in the list, then I select one 'Movie' and press 'I' or right click it .. then I get its informations. I also tried to play the movie, then press 'I' but the same..)
Maybe Kodi 19.1 doesn't have it ? (I'll try with v.19.4) Well, anyway thank you for your answers, I appreciate Smile

Thanks again,

Christophe.
@chriscx

If the movie is already scraped into your library, then it won't work.

You need to press the Refresh button from the Information page.
My Signature
Hi, 

I'm trying to get a movie recogized called "Diet of Sex" from 2014, but I can't get a hit what ever I do with TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version.

Please help?

Title: Diet of Sex
Year: 2014
Country/Spoken Language: Spain/Spaning
IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3094816/
The MovieBD: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/324230-diet-of-sex

Regards MaistroX
@MaistroX

If you check TMDB you will notice it is flagged as an Adult title. Underneath the movie title you will see it.

Adult movies are not scraped by default and require an extra step to scrape them.

You can use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing
or
Use the Search function in the scraper... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_...hon#Search
My Signature
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0