• 48(current)
Release Audio Passthrough IEC - TrueHD fix/workaround - Testing build
(2023-02-11, 21:13)fritsch Wrote: The above build is kodi's master from tomorrow ... int includes aerework to a large degree but has additional changes to not manage TrueHD via the waterlevel logic.

So what advance settings should we use for this build?
In general it's an advanced setting. And the setting for a Shield is different to my FireTV. If you want my suggestion, a default of 42 ms or 50 ms does not hurt. For a 24p video ..."nearly" the best you can get anyways on a platform where the vsync is already several ms off.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-02-11, 21:54)fritsch Wrote: In general it's an advanced setting. And the setting for a Shield is different to my FireTV. If you want my suggestion, a default of 42 ms or 50 ms does not hurt. For a 24p video ..."nearly" the best you can get anyways on a platform where the vsync is already several ms off.

So, what’s your next step now that TrueHD is mostly fixed. DD+ 7.1? 🤔
Besides world domination ... not sure ... following that other thread with the FireTV Cube 3rd gen ... but honestly, not really interested to invest in yet another device that has firmware bugs ... what I have seen there in the first logs with even normal DTS not getting consumed by the sink for 5 seconds ... then all the 5s data was "gone" / "lost in transaction" and the Cube happily reported 200 ms delay back instead of 5.2 ... not really something I want to use in my living room.

Fixing DD+ means reading standards, technical stuff and finding out what is missing inside kodi. Most likely our SyncEAC3 needs some love, the Packer is relatively easy ... nice chance for the community to come up with a fix :-)
If you are interested, start reading here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...o.cpp#L314

Edit: LOL, just when I wrote this the FireTV Cube 3rd gen replied and told: Sorry for the hazzle, this is all "Maven Build" issue - works brilliant in master ... so, then great ... FireTV Cube 3rd Gen I am coming Tongue
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've had to remove the video latency setting from my advancedsettings.xml as it was causing video slowdown and audio dropouts with TRUEHD and DTS-HD.
(2023-02-11, 23:17)Hitcher Wrote: I've had to remove the video latency setting from my advancedsettings.xml as it was causing video slowdown and audio dropouts with TRUEHD and DTS-HD.

In this new build only? Or since some time?
(2023-02-11, 22:12)fritsch Wrote: FireTV Cube 3rd Gen I am coming Tongue
well that was a quick decision change, i thought my boat was sunk because now devs werent interested in my device at all. from dashed hope to hopeful in less than 30 minutes.
i cant even get a pizza delivered this fast.

am i now getting hopes up for nothing, are you actually considering this device?

native exoplayer playback with passthrough works in jellyfin so i know the device itself is capable, if kodi is
<Offtopic>
User feedback was here: All good, all fine with kodi's nightly: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371883&page=2 what is linked here ...
</Offtopic>
(2023-02-11, 20:59)Draconix Wrote: There are so many ErrorAdjusts in your 10 ms logs, there almost certainly are micro-stutters happening there. I think it's likely that you probably just aren't sensitive to micro-stutters so you aren't noticing them.

Normally I'm quite sensitive to micro stutters. But why don't you do the same tests as me with the race_test.mkv, so we can compare? The clip is only 4 minutes, so it's fairly quick.

Although like I said, the clip is quite frantic, so it may be harder to spot micro stutters.
(2023-02-11, 13:54)fritsch Wrote: Here: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...64-v8a.apk  - latest outcome. Curious on your feedback.
I did all my usual tests and everything was perfect like before. This is with my usual maxpassthroughoffsyncduration 90 and delay -75. Everything is still perfectly synced, with no audio dropouts and no video stutters.

(2023-02-11, 23:45)MrMagic Wrote: Although like I said, the clip is quite frantic, so it may be harder to spot micro stutters.
I actually do use the race test every time I try a new build, and yeah it's very frantic. I used to have a hard time noticing stutters on that file, but now I know what to look for and I can see the difference. Using those advanced settings in the latest builds has shown me what the race test looks like when it's flawlessly smooth.
(2023-02-11, 23:20)fritsch Wrote:
(2023-02-11, 23:17)Hitcher Wrote: I've had to remove the video latency setting from my advancedsettings.xml as it was causing video slowdown and audio dropouts with TRUEHD and DTS-HD.

This one - kodi-20230208-bd9b2fae-master-25786-arm64-v8a.apk
(2023-02-12, 02:33)Hitcher Wrote:
(2023-02-11, 23:20)fritsch Wrote:

This one - kodi-20230208-bd9b2fae-master-25786-arm64-v8a.apk

This is odd. There were no definite audio changes included, not since a longer time, but we are slowly getting a huge load of generic changes into kodi. You can post a Debug Log via slack - hopefully not some generic outtage by some code modernization ...

But nightly of the 7th is fine? 8th starts to make issues?

Here I only see: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/androi...8a/master/ 7 and 9.
I tried to read most of this thread, but couldn't figure out what the latest/greatest reccomendation is for someone w/ a shield pro. I tried to access the latest build posted by @fritsch from here, but the link appears to be dead. 

Should I just install the latest nightly from here and then use the following advanced settings?

90 -75 :
<advancedsettings>
  <audio>
    <maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>90</maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>
  </audio>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>-75</delay>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
(2023-02-12, 07:40)feerlessleadr Wrote: Should I just install the latest nightly from here and then use the following advanced settings?

Yes, the Feb 11 nightly should include the latest fixes.
If you're using an Nvidia Shield and you do experience video stutters when using passthrough audio (AudioTrack IEC), then yes I highly recommend trying that exact code in your advancedsettings.xml. It's what I use and I'm having amazing success with it!
(2023-02-12, 07:58)Draconix Wrote:
(2023-02-12, 07:40)feerlessleadr Wrote: Should I just install the latest nightly from here and then use the following advanced settings?

Yes, the Feb 11 nightly should include the latest fixes.
If you're using an Nvidia Shield and you do experience video stutters when using passthrough audio (AudioTrack IEC), then yes I highly recommend trying that exact code in your advancedsettings.xml. It's what I use and I'm having amazing success with it!

Thank you! I was having stutters using the latest stable 20 build with passthrough (although I wasn't sure what was causing it at the time), so really glad I happened to check the forums, which I hadn't done in quite some time.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough IEC - TrueHD fix/workaround - Testing build0