• 182(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
Can anyone help me. Arctic horizon 2 is waiting for plugins to load and its stuck there unless i cancel the thing
(2023-08-07, 01:02)Frozen Chick Wrote: Can anyone help me. Arctic horizon 2 is waiting for plugins to load and its stuck there unless i cancel the thing

I have seen this a few times when starting Kodi. If I press "backspace" on keyboard or remote, the Home screen loads and all seems ok.
(2023-08-07, 09:45)berkhornet Wrote:
(2023-08-07, 01:02)Frozen Chick Wrote: Can anyone help me. Arctic horizon 2 is waiting for plugins to load and its stuck there unless i cancel the thing

I have seen this a few times when starting Kodi. If I press "backspace" on keyboard or remote, the Home screen loads and all seems ok.

The check can also be disabled in settings if it is causing issues:
Skin Settings > Behaviour > Wait for plugins to initalise on startup (disable)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I have Latest Releases Trakt List (TMDb Helper) as widget but it doesn't refresh automatically. Sometimes it takes days to show up the new content. So I decided to create the same widget from different add-on. After 24hrs, there's a new content from different add-on while in TMDb is still the same.
(2023-08-10, 03:40)CouchGuy Wrote: I have Latest Releases Trakt List (TMDb Helper) as widget but it doesn't refresh automatically. Sometimes it takes days to show up the new content. So I decided to create the same widget from different add-on. After 24hrs, there's a new content from different add-on while in TMDb is still the same.

I don't know what it does. But should I disable this?Image
(2023-08-10, 04:54)CouchGuy Wrote:
(2023-08-10, 03:40)CouchGuy Wrote: I have Latest Releases Trakt List (TMDb Helper) as widget but it doesn't refresh automatically. Sometimes it takes days to show up the new content. So I decided to create the same widget from different add-on. After 24hrs, there's a new content from different add-on while in TMDb is still the same.

I don't know what it does. But should I disable this?

It does exactly what it says it does:
If enabled, custom Trakt lists that you own (i.e. lists you created) are cached for 24 hours.
If disabled, the cache of the list refreshes every time you open the first page of the list.

For custom list you do *not* own, the list is always cached for 24 hours. It shouldn't be longer than that.

What TMDbHelper sort method are you using for this list? The sort method can affect how long the Trakt server (i.e. not TMDbHelper) caches the list for depending on whether extended info is involved. Also sort method can affect the order of items which may explain items not showing up in the first page.
(2023-08-10, 07:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-08-10, 04:54)CouchGuy Wrote:

I don't know what it does. But should I disable this?

It does exactly what it says it does:
If enabled, custom Trakt lists that you own (i.e. lists you created) are cached for 24 hours.
If disabled, the cache of the list refreshes every time you open the first page of the list.

For custom list you do *not* own, the list is always cached for 24 hours. It shouldn't be longer than that.

What TMDbHelper sort method are you using for this list? The sort method can affect how long the Trakt server (i.e. not TMDbHelper) caches the list for depending on whether extended info is involved. Also sort method can affect the order of items which may explain items not showing up in the first page.

Okay. I understand now. Thank you.
Thanks for another great skin which I think is the best ever. I have everything set up how I want it and was looking at a backup option just for the skin rather than a generic Kodi backup. Mainly wanting to be able to either restore or load onto a new device the exact same menu options, widgets, playlists etc.

I thought I read jurialmunkey mentioned recently in a post that only certain folders needed to be backed up ?script.skinshortcuts but after searching cannot seem to find that post. 

Thanks
I recently learned about the stacked widget and currently modifying my setup. Because my media player is not that fast, I limited my widget items to 10 and enable "more items" button in the settings. Sadly, it doesn't work well on stacked widget.
https://i.imgur.com/TbuF6Xx.mp4
(2023-08-12, 02:37)satelly Wrote: Thanks for another great skin which I think is the best ever. I have everything set up how I want it and was looking at a backup option just for the skin rather than a generic Kodi backup. Mainly wanting to be able to either restore or load onto a new device the exact same menu options, widgets, playlists etc.

I thought I read jurialmunkey mentioned recently in a post that only certain folders needed to be backed up ?script.skinshortcuts but after searching cannot seem to find that post. 

Thanks

In kodi/userdata/addon_data you should backup the following folders

addon_data/skin.arctic.horizon.2 -- contains skin settings config
addon_data/script.skinshortcuts -- contains menus and widgets config
addon_data/script.skinvariables -- contains viewtypes config
addon_data/script.texturemaker -- contains the generated gradient colour textures

Optionally backup addon_data for TMDbHelper so you don't need to reconfigure it:
addon_data/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper

Same goes for Youtube and Trakt addon_data if you use either of those of plugins:
addon_data/plugin.video.youtube
addon_data/script.trakt
(2023-08-12, 08:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-08-12, 02:37)satelly Wrote:  

In kodi/userdata/addon_data you should backup the following folders

Thanks again.
(2023-08-12, 07:00)CouchGuy Wrote: I recently learned about the stacked widget and currently modifying my setup. Because my media player is not that fast, I limited my widget items to 10 and enable "more items" button in the settings. Sadly, it doesn't work well on stacked widget.

Item limiting will *not* improve loading performance because Kodi only applies the limit *after* loading the directory. That means the plugin still loads all the items you would normally see without the limit; the only difference is Kodi has hidden them from view.

You might get some performance benefit from limiting a *library* directory that has many hundreds of items; but it's unlikely you're getting any real performance benefit from limiting a plugin directory that normally only shows 20 or so items at a time -- any benefit you think you're seeing is probably just conformation bias.

The main benefit of applying a limit is for sorting/filtering the library:
-- e.g. get 10 random action movies: sort_by=random + limit=10 + path=Movies > Genres > Action
-- e.g. get 10 recently added movies from this year: sort_by=dateadded + limit=10 + path=Movies > Years > 2023
(2023-08-12, 08:44)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-08-12, 07:00)CouchGuy Wrote: I recently learned about the stacked widget and currently modifying my setup. Because my media player is not that fast, I limited my widget items to 10 and enable "more items" button in the settings. Sadly, it doesn't work well on stacked widget.

Item limiting will *not* improve loading performance because Kodi only applies the limit *after* loading the directory. That means the plugin still loads all the items you would normally see without the limit; the only difference is Kodi has hidden them from view.

You might get some performance benefit from limiting a *library* directory that has many hundreds of items; but it's unlikely you're getting any real performance benefit from limiting a plugin directory that normally only shows 20 or so items at a time -- any benefit you think you're seeing is probably just conformation bias.

The main benefit of applying a limit is for sorting/filtering the library:
-- e.g. get 10 random action movies: sort_by=random + limit=10 + path=Movies > Genres > Action
-- e.g. get 10 recently added movies from this year: sort_by=dateadded + limit=10 + path=Movies > Years > 2023

Thank you so much for clarifying that.
That's what Im thinking. When I open some addons with like have 100 items it takes more time to open compared to the with just 20 items... That was I got the idea if I limit the widget it will load faster. 😅
I came across an issue regarding season and episode posters and fanart but not sure if it a Kodi restriction or something specific to the skins. 

For TV series with multiple seasons, I have different posters and fanarts specific for each season and they show up nicely when viewing the seasons. For the episodes, I prefer to have the same season poster and fanart for all the episodes. Therefore under media settings and show information for unwatched items, I have deselected episode thumb. However I only get the same main TV series poster and fanart for all episodes in all seasons even though I have selected specific posters and fanart for each seasons.

I have tried re-naming the posters and fanart but only the main poster and fanart for the TV series shows up with the episodes.

If these a setting I am missing or a modification to the skin I can make to enable the season poster and fanart to show on episode views.

The closest post I can find similar to this is https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363279
I am having an issue with TV Show trailers, for some reason the system wants to use the add-on TUBED and it doesn't work. I get the error "Quota Exceeded"

This is very confusing as Movie trailers works fine using the Youtube addon.

Can I change TV trailers to use the Youtube plug in so that I only need to have one add-on to configure and maintain?
  • 182(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20